Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

September 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Hi ladies,

here's another blog site that makes me feel I am not alone and thought maybe I can share this with you... maybe it will also help you.

iamjustamum.wordpress.com

• Hi everyone, 
    We're talking about brilliant baby stuff, that you didn't know you needed until after you had your baby - this could be for toddler stuff too!

If you have any gems to recommend, please do come and tell us your best products on this new thread here. Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well? 

Two threads we're talking about today...
    The first is, is it snowing where you are in the UK? Come and show us your snowy pics on this thread here, we'd love to see them. 

The other thread is, we are looking for your lovely/funny/difficult/amazing TTC, pregnancy and parenting stories: have you got one to share with us? If so, please come on over to this thread. We would LOVE to hear from you. 

• Hi all, it's been a few months since posting and a very busy few months at that! engagement (he finally proposed) holiday (our first abroad) then moving house, then christmas, we haven't stopped, hope everyone had a great new year! We had the best, we found out that we're having baby no 3! We wasn't expecting to happen so quickly! First month and boom! Hope everyone is well and all the "toddlers" ive added 2 photos to show 17 months diffrence of Maci! Scary! imageimage

• Oh Vicky2008, your post has made out day! Congratulations on everything!! When are you due (and can we point you in the direction of a new birth club?). Maci is just gorgeous! 

• Congrats Vicky!! So happy for you its crazy how fast they grow.. I went shopping for lyras new clothes and for first time I had to skip the 0-12m section gutted as thats where all the best stuff was haha 
    Lyra is doing great finally on track health wise (touch wood) she has learnt a few new words but the best at the moment are No and o oh very amusing to hear :) Still lacking in the hair department tho so still get away with her being my little baby haha 

• Macie is a little devil child, she does not stop, or scary looking at photos of our once little babies, thank you, estimated due date is 7th September, there is only going to be a couple of weeks invetween all 3 children's birthdays haha xz

• Vicky2008, you're going to have the busiest August and Septembers! If you wanted to check out the Due in Sept 17 thread, it's right here! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well today? Please do come and let us know your news - we'd love to hear what's going on with you all. 

We also wanted to let you know about two new threads today. 

The first is, when did you have your first period after giving birth? Please do come and tell us over on this new thread here. 

We've also just kicked off this sponsored thread - if you'd like to come and share what your child is/was afraid of, you could win a £100 Amazon voucher! That thread is here. 

• Hello!

We're just stopping by to let you know about two threads today...

The first is, how long was your labour? Please do come and share over here. 
    The second is a mum asking for advice about taking her 6month old on holiday - would you recommend a villa or hotel? That thread is here.

Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we're putting together some articles about IVF and we were hoping, if any of you might have had any experience with IVF, won't you come and tell us about it on this thread please? Thank you. 

• Hi everyone!
    We were wondering as you're so far ahead with this parenting malarky than some of our newer mums, do you have any sage words of advice for the new mums suffering with sleep deprivation? We have a thread about it, right over here... Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're well on this cold day!
    We just wondered, if your child's at school and they're on half-term next week, what have you got planned? Please do come and tell us by posting on this new thread here, we'd love some ideas what to do with our kids! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well today. We were wondering, if you received a Valentine's card, fancy sharing it with us on this thread here? 

PS Vicky2008 and frenchmum, how are your pregnancies going? Are you both feeling well? 

• So I feel crap atm lyra has broken her arm in 2 places when my partner was watching her and I know deep down this couldn't be help and wasn't his fault but I can help feeling that it was his fault

I know it happens but having to take her to the hospital and have question asked I couldnt answer and some of them were to test if it was done on purpose and I 100% understand why they ask them but doesnt make it any better hearing them xx

• Oh sfw I'm sorry you are going through this! :(

You are right that it is standard procedure to ask questions / ascertain how the injury occurred so please don't feel like you are bring accused of anything or judged... accidents happen! 

That being said, I know how crappy you must be feeling!! The other week I dropped Dayton when going to put him down... it was only about 1/2 a foot drop but he landed on his face & had a nose bleed... I felt so awful!! & that was just a nose bleed so I can imagine how awful you both must be feeling over Lyras arm! 

please don't beat yourself up over it... it happens to the best of us & once the initial pain is over I'm sure Lyra won't even notice a thing! 

X

• O I know that I do and if they didnt ask I would probably think they should she fell off my bed which is only low but we think as she fell her arm got caught between the frame and the mattress but because I wasnt there makes it so much worse... 

Aw I bet that was hard for you, This happened on sunday and I took her right to the hospital but they refused to xray her and said it was a sprain but I kept taking her back as she is normally left handed and was not even lifting her arm let alone using it as she normally would.. eventually on tuesday they did an xray to find she has 2 brakes in her lower arm so now she has a full cast on and tho she doesnt seem to care even before the cast she didnt care other than when pressure was on it she was still running around she is so brave but seeing her with a cast feels like torture (tho i no its needed) still hard as it looks so big on her xx

• That's awful that they wouldn't x-ray her to start & you had to keep on at them!!!! 😡

• Hi all its been a while. So sorry to hear about Lyra'so arm. I can completely understand how your feeling. My sisters husband who is over 6ft tall fell on the stairs with their then 6 week old baby. She had a fractured skull. It was a wooden stairs and he was wearing socks. It took him a very long time to get over it. It could have been avoided like all domestic accidents but nobody's perfect. He still feels guilty about it 5 years later but their daughter is fine.Try talking to your husband about it, don't let it fester. He probably feels worse than you. 

This pregnancy has been fairly easy so far apart from the constant need to sleep and the varicose veins which have come back with a vengence. TMI alert, they are not on my legs. I feel like I have a potatoe in my pants. Just starting to feel movement which is later than the last pregnancy but reassuring all the same. Oh and did I mention the constant overwhelming fatigue. Lol

This week has been a bit hectic, apart from the fact that Alicia keeps me on my toes all the time she has gotten a kidney infection. We have to go back and forth for antibiotics through IV . Hopefully today is the last day and she can get an oral treatment.  And to top it all my 5 year old has caught gastro enteritis. I'm sure she picked it up in the waiting room of the hospital. I think I will have to wait at least another 10 years before I get a good night's sleep. Lol

Sorry for the novel.

Hope you feel better SFW91.

Hope everyone else is good. 

Catch up soon

• Oh SFW91, how is Lyra doing? We're so sorry to read about her arm. I have a friend who's little boy was crawling, managed to get up some concrete stairs and fell - broke his leg at barely a year old. Unfortunately these things happen.

Crikey frenchmum, those varicose veins sound bloomin awful - and sorry to hear about Alicia's kidney infection - how does she handle the antibiotics via the drip?  

While we're here, we wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today... 
    The first is mother-in-laws - how do you get on with yours?
    The second is, has your toddlers sleep improved since they were a baby? 
    We're also talking about baby ear piercing - agree with it or not?