Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Thank you ladies I understand it happens just hard when it does.. 

aside from the massive cast you wouldnt know it with her still full of energy and smiling so im glad with that she has a check up on monday so I will update you with what happens either way the cast is getting abit smelly and i have my baby moisturizer ready so if they have to put another on I can rub some of that in before just to keep her skin good :) xx

• image so they replaced her cast with a full one she should only need it for another 2 weeks and she should be healed by then :) xx 

• That's great news SFW91 - we are so glad Lyra has been well looked after and on the mend. 

And happy pancake day to you all! We were wondering, are you or your children giving anything up for Lent? Do come and let us know if you are, on this thread here. 

• That's good news sfw!

• Hi everyone, we hope you and your toddlers are doing well? frenchmum and Vicky2008, we hope you're pregnancies are going well? Fancy showing us your bumps?

Tomorrow is the 60th birthday of Dr Seuss's The Cat in the Hat, so we were wondering, do you have a favourite Dr Seuss book? If you do, won't you come and tell us on this thread here? 

• Hi everyone,
    We were hoping you might be able to help us out if you have a moment? We would love to have your feedback on what you think about the MadeForMums chat forum - we would dearly love to hear from as many of you as possible, and if you could pop over to this thread to give us some feedback, that would be wonderful. 
    Thank you so much! 

• Hi everyone, we have a question for you. During your pregnancy, did you have a 4D scan? If you did, we'd love for you to come and tell us about it over here on this thread.

We also wanted to share a thread with you, started by a member who's letting women know, they shouldn't worry about c-section scars, and proudly displaying hers. If you too wanted to share your experience having a c-section or talk about your scar, please do come and check out the thread here. 

Thank you! 😊

• Hello. You may have seen the recent news stories about people finding what they think is ‘mould' in their Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine.

If you have a Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep, we’d like to ask you to have a look at your machine (you’ll need to take the front cover off) and see if you can see any black deposits or build up in yours.

Once you’ve had a look ­whether you find anything or not please would you share a picture on this thread here

We would really appreciate your help. Thank you 

• Hello! We wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today and would love to hear what you have to say! 

The first is about Mother's Day - we'd like to know what would make it special for you? Please do come and tell us over on this thread here. 

The second thread is about the comedian Russell Kane, who's got a bit aggro about people who say, ‘I finally know what real love is, now I have a baby’. He thinks this is out of order, as it implies you couldn't have had any ‘real’ love for your partner. Do come and comment on this thread here. 

And finally, a little heads up! Please keep your eyes peeled on our Product Tests section of the forum as we're going to be looking for people to take part in a Dove Baby product test and also a Lego one too in the next few weeks.... watch this space!  

• Hey everyone, 
    We wanted to drop by and let you know about a sponsored discussion we're running, with a £100 voucher up for grabs. Just come and tell us about reading with your child! All the details about how to enter can be found on this thread. Good luck! 

• Hi everyone, 
    We wanted to just drop by and let you know about 2 threads we're chatting about today.

The first is if have a child and you also have pets too, do they get on? That thread is here
    The second thread we're chatting about is if you have a child at nursery or school, is their nursery or school very close to a main road? That thread is here. 

We would love to hear from you! 

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about a new product test we've just kicked off. It's for the new range of Baby Dove Rich Moisture products and if you're chosen to take part, you could also win a £100 voucher for your feedback. 

Find out all about it on this thread here

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well and didn't scoff too many Easter Eggs! 

We're just stopping by to ask, what do you wish you had known about breast or bottle feeding? Please do come and tell us if it's about breastfeeding on this thread, and if it's about bottle-feeding over on this thread

Also, today is your last chance to sign up to be a product tester for the new Baby Dove Rich Moisture range. If you fancy taking part, find out how to be in with a chance of being a tester right here

• Hi Danielle and everyone! How is everyone doing? For those that are expecting again... how are things going? How are all of your little ones doing? its been a long time since we shared updates! 

We are now living in Japan... have been here just over a month! Dayton adjusted amazingly well to the time difference (14 hours ahead of where we were living so a complete flip of day and night!) & we are starting to get settled. 

Dayton is still not saying many words... he understands a TON (can correctly identify every flash card of the alphabet, follow simple commands etc) but just does not say much! He has just this last couple of weeks started saying dad and dog... still waiting for Mum!! :(  

He had a screening assessment which didn't raise any concerns but they are sending him for an audiology assessment just to check his hearing. I worry that his slower developing speech is related to his tongue tie incision 'growing back together' but I guess only time will tell.

he is still a very happy and content baby most of the time. He loves going to the park and going down the slide all by himself! 

Here is a recent pic! 

Looking forward to hearing updates from some of you other ladies!

• How lovely to hear from you SW2 - how is Japan? Was it big culture shock? Dayton has grown so, so much! Do come and let us know what happens with audiology assessment won't you? If it helps, my nephew didn't speak properly until he was 3, and now he doesn't stop talking!

While we're here, we wanted to let you all know about some threads we're talking about today.
    We're asking what surprised you most about giving birth? That thread is here.
    We're also asking if you think this is true: New parents apparently lose 657 hours of sleep a year: do you think that's true or way off the mark? That thread is here

We'd love to hear from more of you soon and hope all is going well for those expecting! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well. 
    We wanted to let you know about a new thread we're chatting about today. We're asking, if you have more than one child - when they were newborns, did your children look the same? Check out the thread for an awesome pic from one of the new mums in our Due in April 17 thread. You can find it right here. 

• Hi Danielle,

Thanks for the reassurance... I have heard from a few people that boys are a bit slower with everything than girls so I'm hoping that's it for Dayton too. His audiology assessment showed up no major issues so that's good.

japan is cool! We are lucky in the sense that because we live on a military base we have a 'little bit of home' for our everyday life & then we can just dip into Japan by stepping outside the gates any time we want! its the best of both worlds! :). Japanese people are extremely friendly, helpful & welcoming & they adore western babies so Dayton is getting a lot of attention! The language is extremely difficult to understand... the written language is in symbols which makes it impossible to guess / deduce that what something means and when they speak it is very quick and quiet so it's hard to pick up on! But it's early days and we re at least trying to learn some basics to help us get around! A lot of people send their children to Japanese school so that they grow up bi-lingual but we're not sure that that is the right thing for Dayton.. we will probably only be here for 4 years so whilst he would learn japanese well in that time if we did send him to a Japanese school, he would lose it when we return to the states as he wouldn't be speaking it often enough... & if that's the case if it worrh risking setting his English learning skills back for a 'far' of learning a second language temporarily?... we don't want him to be at a disadvantage when we go back to the states... particularly as he is already a little bit behind in terms of his verbal skills. We have a while to think about it yet but it is definitely something to think about! 

Wloud love to hear from some of you other guys too!

• All little ones learn at their own pace I am sure he is fine lily (eldest) was talking from 6m crawling by 7m and walking a 9m but lyra she didnt say much until 9m and didnt walk or crawl until after a year.. I hear that boys are slower but I dont think thats true :) 

I am so jealous I love! japan I hope to be lucky enough to visit for a few days nevermind live there! I know what you mean about the schools just do what is best for you but if you are speaking English at home then I doubt he will loose it as his main many families do that but no matter what you chose the chance you all have to learn and be involved in a new place is amazing! 

I would love to know how you are getting on there :) whats the food and things like? 

x

• Awesome update SW2 - you're living a whole new life! 
    Lovely to hear from you SFW91 - how is Lyra? 

We're wondering if you might come and tell us when your child started to walk - we have a new thread about it right here

Also, just for fun, if any of you have tattoos you might fancy showing us, we have a thread about it here! Thank you! 

• Lyras great thank you coming along amazingly always smiling image :) her arm is fully healed now apart from a few cat scratches (not harmful) she likes playing with them x