Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Ah hooray! They're arriving! 

• Hi everyone,

We wanted to drop in and let you know about some threads we’re talking about today.

The first is from a new member, she’s just pregnant and she’s wondering how is she going to fill her time until that big first scan at 12 weeks? How did you do it? Her thread is here. 

The next thread is about having your baby using the NHS - do you have any wonderful stories to share about the care you received when you gave birth? Please come and post them on this thread.

Anyone got any sleep tips for this mum with a 7month old who just won't settle for his naps? That thread's here. 

And if you have any experience with postnatal depression, please do check out this thread here. 

Thank you! 

• Hi Ladies,

How is everyone?

Just wondering how we all are in the run up to Christmas?

Hugo-Blaze is now 15m and I must admit I am feeling really sad that I dont have a baby anymore :( The fact we get up in the morning and hes able to tell me what he wants has really had me reminiscing on the newborn stage.

Ive had a week of work which I dont think has contributed to my feelings as I just realize how much of a real person I am missing out on, I only work 3 days a week but still.

I could easily have another one but I really want to wait is anyone else feeling broody?

From a low mumma..

x

• Hi All, 

We are all excited about Christmas. Isaac hasnt pulled the tree down and is starting to sleep better at night so it's all good 😊 

I start a new job in January, I'm going to be working as a School Secretary so only work term time so all holidays off with my babies 😊 

I am super broody Alba, I just look at a baby on the TV and go all gaga over it lol!! 

Isaac has started to walk too, hes taking about 20 steps on his own then realised we're not holding him and flomps down but he's doing more and more each day. 

How is everyone else doing? 

Xxxx

• Hi everyone, 

We hope you’re all doing well in the run up to Christmas? Do come and show us your tree if you have one on this thread - we’d love to see it! 

Two threads we’re talking about today…

A new member would like to know, how should she announce her pregnancy?If you have any genius ideas or fancy sharing how you announced your pregnancy, please post on this thread here. 

Also, one of our new mums is having a tough time feeding her baby. Her 11 week old is bottle fed and suffers with reflux - if you have any advice, we’re sure she’d really appreciate it, on this thread here. 

Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you’re all doing well?

Some threads we wanted to let you know about today, and don’t forget you can see all the most recent chat by clicking here on Latest Posts.

Do you have any advice for a new mum about going from breast to bottle? If so, 

Did you suffer with headaches during early pregnancy and if so, any advice with how to cope with them? 
    That’s over here.

Have you heard of the Christmas 4 present rule for children? Apparently you buy 1 thing they want, 1 they need, 1 thing they wear and 1 thing they’ll read… Come and tell us what you make of that 

And if you suffered with recurring thrush during your pregnancy, any advice for a very uncomfortable member would be great. That’s on 

Thank you, and please do come and let us know your news! We’d love to hear from you all. 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well in the run up to Christmas. 

supersquish, how's things going your end? Any more updates on Eliott? 

And how about you Alba B? How's the broodiness? 

While we're here, we wondered if you fancied coming and telling us about any Christmas traditions you might have? There's a lovely thread all about them over here and we'd love to hear yours. 

• Hi everyone, we hope you've had a wonderful Chirstmas and festive break. We were also wondering if you've done any sale shopping and bagged a bargain? If so, won't you come and tell us what you've bought on this thread? 

• Hi all, 

With the Xmas holiday sorry our feed has gone cold. How r u all and how was Xmas.  

Anyone kiddies have a favourite toy? 

Just a quick one for me for some advice ladies. 

Hugo has never had a dummy just because he wouldn't take one and he's never really been attached to anything but has had a comforter in his bed. Just lately he wants to run around with his bottle in his mouth alot of the time empty or not he just wants it in his mouth, he doesn't suck on it just leaves it there. Just out of interest I gave him a dummy- he doesn't want it.  

He's speach is so great and he had just started to put words together in context i don't want it to Holt that shall I just let him get on with it or shall I take it away from him?. Surly it's a bit late now for this? I'm new to all this help! X 

• Hi everyone, we wanted to drop by and wish you all a very happy new year. We also wondered if you've made any new years resolutions, won't you come and tell us about them on this new thread here? 

Happy 2017 to you all! We hope it's a very happy and healthy one. 

• Happy New Year all, we have started the new year with cold and flu in our house, so staying in the warm 😊 

I start my new job tomorrow in a school and I'm so excited as it means I have all the school holidays with Neve and Isaac 😊 Only 5 weeks till February half term 😊 Xx

• Nevesmummy - how was your first day back at work?

Hello everyone else too!
    On the forum today, we're talking about women and mums having to cope with the 'invisible workload'. This means dealing with things like knowing when you're running out of toothpaste, remembering all teacher meetings and events at school, knowing which child prefers what, and those types of things. 

We were wondering, who does this in your house? Please do come and check out the thread here and let us know what you think... 

• Hi Danielle, 

was good thank you, lots to learn but exciting. 

Xx

• So glad it went well Nevesmummy! Were you exhausted by the end of the day? 

Hi everyone else too,

We wanted to ask you all, is it ever ok for a stranger to touch your child? Like, moving them out of the way, or tickling them, or is it just not on at all? Please do come and tell us what you think on this new thread here. 

• Hi everyone, 
    We're talking about brilliant baby stuff, that you didn't know you needed until after you had your baby - this could be for toddler stuff too!

If you have any gems to recommend, please do come and tell us your best products on this new thread here. Thank you!  

• I was exhausted Danielle, from going to being off work to working 18 hours a week to being back into full time I am shattered but it's all worth it as I only have 4 weeks till half term then a week of quality time with Neve and Isaac which I can't wait for xx

• Oh Nevesmummy, so glad to hear it went well, but can totally understand the exhaustion - it never ends right? 

Hi everyone else too, we hope you're all doing well? 

Two threads we're talking about today...
    The first is, is it snowing where you are in the UK? Come and show us your snowy pics on this thread here, we'd love to see them. 

The other thread is, we are looking for your lovely/funny/difficult/amazing TTC, pregnancy and parenting stories: have you got one to share with us? If so, please come on over to this thread. We would LOVE to hear from you. 

• My child developed a rash about a week after receiving the MMR vaccine. Could she have measles? Ill post a photo any help wwill be appreciated :(  http://bit.do/Photo-of-rash-jpg 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well today? Please do come and let us know your news - we'd love to hear what's going on with you all. 

We also wanted to let you know about two new threads today. 

The first is, when did you have your first period after giving birth? Please do come and tell us over on this new thread here. 

We've also just kicked off this sponsored thread - if you'd like to come and share what your child is/was afraid of, you could win a £100 Amazon voucher! That thread is here. 

• Hi everyone,

How are you all and your lovely babies? Danielle post has promoted me for a catch up.

Here is whats going on in my life, we are now moving into a bed due to climbing being a big issue. Although I am fortunate enough to have free childcare from my parents since I have returned to work I have decided to put Hugo into a nursery for 2 half days a week for developmental purposes he seems to be the kind of boy who really needs that next leval of play/learn and as much as I would love to think I am supermum there is only so much I can do.

I wanted to use this opportunity to praise baby led weaning! Hugo now eats all meals alone with a fork, spoon and accompanied with a knife I have not fed him in months and I just cant commend that process anymore so pleased. I have a very independent child who wont let me do anything for him so this has led changing to become an issue any tips? I have moved onto the new pampers pants ( LIFE SAVER ) but it doesn't help with the issue of actually wearing cloths!. Also as this is my first baby when is it time to start potty training? HB is 15m and tells me he is weeing sometimes and I have read this is an indication but im not sure.

We have our first family holiday in May I am super exited, I could write for hours but those are my main troubles at the mo. x