Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• So lovely to hear how babies are getting on!

Tallulah is still happy and cosy in her cot, loves climbing all day long but she knows that her bedroom is a place of calm and relaxation, something we built into her routine from a tiny age to ensure that she gets a good nights sleep :) we do however have her bed ready and waiting for when she lets us know the time is right for a change up!! 

I think Nursery is a fab environment for babies to be in as the social interaction with other babies does amazing thing a for their development. Tallulah isn't in Nursery however as I gave up work once she was born and so our days are filled with farm visits, soft play, messy play, crafts, woodland adventures and dance/music classes. At their age I think they all crave that extra push towards new and exciting things :) how is work Alba?? NevesMummy how is your new job too?? School work would be my absolute dream as it's best of both worlds :)

Alba Hugo sounds like he's doing great with eating, such a clever little boy!!! I have on my hands the fussiest little girl ever which is a total challenge as getting her to eat at all some days is pure hell. We did a mixture of baby led and other feeding techniques... she can use cutlery to a basic standard (not that I mark her on it haha) but loves finger foods... mainly anything Jamie Oliver would frown on, she loves and you know what, that's ok. She's been on this earth for one year, we have many more to come during which I am sure I can force some greens into her!!! Being perfect is totally overrated ;)

aw holidays are amazing!! Where you off to Alba? We got back from Oz just before Christmas and had such an amazing family break, off on holibobs again next week and then a long wait til our next in april :) can't bloody wait!

anyone else's little one dropped their nap yet?? Tallulah now hasn't napped for a few weeks, so much freedom (and tiredness... mainly mine).

Also what's everyone's saying now?? Love the chatter!!

Hope everyone else is doing well... can't wait to hear!! x

• Ps Alba in regards to potty training I think it's just whenever you feel the child is ready. Some of my friends had their trained prior to their first birthdays so no good or bad time to start I guess :) good luck for when you do!! X

• Thanks so much for the feedback! 

I'm also very lucky to have a sleeper but the second he's awake he wants out such a monkey, Hugo eats anything there has honestly never been anything he turns his nose up to it makes it so much easier for us as a family because he eats the same meals as us. Can't wait for nursery! Love that you've been able to give up work. Work for me is fine I have only gone back 3 days a week and try to make the he most of my days of and he will be doing nursery on one working day and one of my days off (half days). We are off to halkadiki in Greece can't wait. Love the sound of Oz. With speach Hugo has just started to say things mainly in role play so he will put his bear's into his pushchair  (fav toy btw) and say " stay there ok" it's so funny lol. Mainly asking for food and drink. Mum dad nan,funny, singing along to songs that kind of thing. I did baby sign language so we still use alot of those signals in every day life. 

Love to hear your little girl getting on ok. And thanks for the potty training advice, have to say getting changed is a massive challenge, it's not that he wants to be naked he just doesnt want me to change him he wants training on do it himself which he can't actually do if you know what I mean x 

• P.s for me no naps dropped yet still usual 

Sleep 6-6 

Nap at 9-10 

Nap at 2-3 

We have days where maybe the afternoon one doesn't happen but that just results in an earlier bedtime, I've been told he will drop them when he is ready x 

• Hi Tuturose, 

New job is good thank you, just over 2 weeks till half term and looking forward to a rest and a week of lay-ins. Our day currently starts at 5.40 so very long days for my and my OH. 

Isaac has days like Tallulah does too, some days he will only have 2 bottles of milk all day and just his breakfast as he refuses to eat anything else, he is seeing the paediatrician tomorrow for his milk allergy anyway so gonna mention it and see what he suggests. Poor Isaac has just got over a week of the vomiting bug so I expect he's probably lost a bit of weight from that 😕 

Were heading off to Devon in May, I've never been to Devon so really looking forward to it. 

Re potty training every child is different, Neve was about 2 1/2 when she was potty trained, it took a bit longer during night times but that's normal. Isaac has his own little green potty which he will happily sit on if he's watching TV or playing with his toys, then he will stand up and look in it when hes finished its so funny as he points as if he's done something in it lol!! 

How is everyone else doing? Hope your all good xx

• Hello!

We're just stopping by to let you know about two threads today...

The first is, how long was your labour? Please do come and share over here. 
    The second is a mum asking for advice about taking her 6month old on holiday - would you recommend a villa or hotel? That thread is here.

Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we're putting together some articles about IVF and we were hoping, if any of you might have had any experience with IVF, won't you come and tell us about it on this thread please? Thank you. 

• Hi everyone! 
    We were wondering as you're all now, way past the newborn baby phase, do you have any sage words of advice for new mums suffering with sleep deprivation? We have a thread about it, right over here... Thank you!  

• Hi everyone, we hope you're well on this cold day!
    We just wondered, if your child's at school and they're on half-term next week, what have you got planned? Please do come and tell us by posting on this new thread here, we'd love some ideas what to do with our kids! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well today. We were wondering, if you received a Valentine's card, fancy sharing it with us on this thread here? 

• Hi y'all! 
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice for this mum with a 6 month old that is refusing to sleep at all...her baby is awake hourly. We're sure she'd love any words of wisdom. You can find her thread here.  

• Hello!

We wanted to let you know about a few new threads we're chatting about today... 

The first is mother-in-laws - how do you get on with yours?
    The second is, has your toddlers sleep improved since they were a baby? 
    We're also talking about baby ear piercing - agree with it or not? 

• Hi everyone! How we all getting on? 

Eliott is finally walking- no stopping him now lol! His review at hospital went well, there not concerned and want to do another MRI in the future to see if he's growing into his head lol

ive started slimming world on the 1st of Feb, I'm not 8lbs down (9st 3) so half way to my goal, no more children for us so figured I'd get my pre pregnancy body back- think I weighed around 8st 7 before I had josh so trying to get to that weight. It's been quite easy so far, doing the gym 2-3 times a week and can see progress all ready xx

• Hi supersquish, 

Pleased to hear that elliot is walking and everything going well! 

And also well done on the SW, how many children do you have? X 

• We have 2 children. Josh 3 and Eliott is now 16 Months. If was gaurenteed a girl a may have another but I have my hands full with these two ha ha! Xx

• Haha! I really can't wait to have more I just need to get a few other things in place. 

Is there a massive diffrence from 1-2 and are elliot and Josh very different? X 

• Yeah josh was fairly quiet- Eliott is into everything and let's u know if he wants attention haha they fight like car and dog already x

• Hi Alba, 

i posted in this thread at the beginning and although I have been reading iv not posted anything. 

But thought I would share my experience on going from 1-2. 

Darcy was just 3 when I had Isla, and to be honest I found it quiet a shock to the system. 

Darcy was like a angel, Still is, boy that Isla isn't lol. 

Isla though a lot different. She has never slept through the night and is 15 months now. She has a good little character on her sometimes fiesty  😆But I am told the second normally are and are in to everything This is the case with us. 

The thing I love the most is watching them play and seeing how much they love each other, if I could change anything it would be to of had them closer together, the reason being is it really was a shock to the system and you don't get as much time to give to the second as the first as there is a lot more to do and sometimes I loose my cool which I never did when I just had one lol but it is all of course very worth While. 

Oh and I'm stopping now I love having my two little girls. 

Sorry for the essay.  

Good luck.

• Supposed to say not that Isla isn't a angel. 😊

• Thanks so much for joining in to share your experiance.  

It's opened my eyes because I at present have an angel child, sleeps from 6-7 still naps twice a day for up to 2 hours each time he's just a dream in every way  ( I would say that I'm his mum!) 

But I've heard that "second child fear" is a real thing and Im begging to think that is true. Although it's really wouldn't put me off having anymore I am interested to see if having maybe not such an easy child would change my mind about going even further than 1. 

One is a pet and two is and zoo is a term that's stuck with me, thanks for your advice on having them closer I'm really debating at the moment. I really would like to buy another home first but I suppose the time is never right!. X