Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone,
    We were hoping you might be able to help us out if you have a moment? We would love to have your feedback on what you think about the MadeForMums chat forum - we would dearly love to hear from as many of you as possible, and if you could pop over to this thread to give us some feedback, that would be wonderful. 
    Thank you so much! 

• Options

Hi ladies! I see all of little ones are coming along nicely 😀

Just a quick questio, have any of you had problems in the last departmen?

just come back from doctors and been told I've got a pelvic prolapse (bladder and bowel) my vaginal canal is so deformed, the horror I felt when I did a check when I realised something felt off after fun time with partner. Embarrassing but figured I'd ask lol 

been sent for pelvic physio but I'm reluctant it will help- doc said she could see and feel it as soon as she examined me 😩 

• Options

Hi Danielle, yes thankfully Neve had them when she was 3. Still waiting for them to come out 😣 Nothing yet, maybe he will be lucky xx

• Options

Well we have woken this morning and Isaac has the chicken pox ☺ cue sleepless nights coming up xx

• Options

Oh Nevesmummy, how is Isaac doing? Does he have them really bad? 

Hi everyone else too, we wanted to share a thread with you, started by a member who's letting women know, they shouldn't worry about c-section scars, and proudly displaying hers. If you too wanted to share your experience having a c-section or talk about your scar, please do come and check out the thread here. 

• Options

Isaac is not good at all 😢 Has pox in his mouth, on the inside of his eyelids and this evening we spent 5 hours at a and e as he hadn't had a wet bappy for almost 24 hours but the fabtastic tag managed to get him to take some fluids and he had 2 wet nappies while we were there so didn't need to be admitted. Just managed to get him to drink 7 oz of milk so hooding it will help him sleep as he hasn't got much sleep today. Hope everyone else is well xx

• Options

Really am sorry to hear about issac I hope he has a speedy recovery. 

In our house myself and Hugo-Blaze have been ill for almost 5 weeks now, both had two lots of antibotics nothing shifting horrible cough cold sinus you name It we have it, if I hear the word virus one more time I'll scream! I'm told it's going around like wildfire and lasting for up to 2 months I could cry 😢 

Feels like I'm having a bump in the road at the I'm road atm we had a 2 year old play date who's vocabulary was amazing they are such a dear freind. Hugo says a few words and most  definitely understands us now my partner is worried I said you can't put him up against someone 9m older than him - now he has me paranoid x 

• Options

Oh Nevesmummy, he has a really bad case of the pox then - what day are you on since the spots appeared? Poor, poor boy. We heard oats in the bath (and in a sock) can really help soothe the itching. We hope Isaac slept last night? 

Alba, you are absolutely right - you can not compare a 15month old with 2 year old - there are so many development changes in those few months - please don't worry. And we're sorry Hugo has been so unwell - I remember when my daughter had the '100 day cough' She literally didn't stop coughing for over 100 days and nights - eventually it went away, but it was so exhausting. 

• Options

Alba a few of my friends work in the child development area and they've all told me on separate occasions that speech/word count is not 'tested' until they reach two and it's at this point that they should be saying minimum of 50 words. At the age they are now we believe they are saying words but they are not clear and could mainly be mimicking the sound we make. Understanding in my opinion is far more important at this stage. as hard as it is try not to compare or rush his development, just enjoy the fact you have 9 more months before your little baby turns into a chattering noise machine xx

• Options

Thanks ladies, it's not that I dont value a man/his dad's opinion it just made me think omg am I missing something.  He is 100% understands me. I think he is busy in his head creating all sorts of mischief.  Thanks for the reassurance.  I really don't know what's up with me. As per my last few posts I have become such a worrier. 

maybe because we've been poorly it's getting me down massivelly. Thanks all x 

• Options

Hi all, we have a question for you. During your pregnancy, did you have a 4D scan? If you did, we'd love for you to come and tell us about it over here on this thread
    Thank you! 😊

• Options

We're on day 4 today and thankfully after yesterday's bad day he seems lots better, eating and drinking and back to his noisy chatty self 😄 He still has more spots appearing but I've been told they can keep appear uptill day 7, then hopefully they will all dry and he will be itch free. I've been using a combination of bicarbonate of soda baths, calamine and glycerine cream, poxclin, virasooth and piriton and calpol today and hes been much happier. Hoping it means he will sleep a bit better too 😁. 

Here he was yesterday imageimageimage

• Options

Hello. You may have seen the recent news stories about people finding what they think is ‘mould' in their Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine.

If you have a Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep, we’d like to ask you to have a look at your machine (you’ll need to take the front cover off) and see if you can see any black deposits or build up in yours.

Once you’ve had a look ­whether you find anything or not please would you share a picture on this thread here

We would really appreciate your help. Thank you 

• Options

Awww bless him! No chicken pox in our house yet- dreading it lol xx

• Options

Nevesmummy - I thought of you today - a child in my daughter's nursery has just come down the pox - I'm now in 2 week limbo wait mode for my girl to get it 😷

Hello to everyone else too! We wanted to let you know about two new threads we're chatting about today and would love to hear what you have to say! 

The first is about Mother's Day - we'd like to know what would make it special for you? Please do come and tell us over on this thread here. 

The second thread is about the comedian Russell Kane, who's got a bit aggro about people who say, ‘I finally know what real love is, now I have a baby’. He thinks this is out of order, as it implies you couldn't have had any ‘real’ love for your partner. Do come and comment on this thread here. 

And finally, a little heads up! Please keep your eyes peeled on our Product Tests section of the forum as we're going to be looking for people to take part in a Dove Baby product test and also a Lego one too in the next few weeks.... watch this space! 

• Options

Hi Danielle, 

Isaacs spots are pretty much all scabbed over now, just seems the ones on his feet are the ones taking the longest. 

Fingers crossed your little girl misses them ☺ xx

• Options

Hey everyone, 
    We wanted to drop by and let you know about a sponsored discussion we're running, with a £100 voucher up for grabs. Just come and tell us about reading with your child! All the details about how to enter can be found on this thread. Good luck!  

• Options

Hi everyone, 
    We wanted to just drop by and let you know about 2 threads we're chatting about today.

The first is if have a child and you also have pets too, do they get on? That thread is here
    The second thread we're chatting about is if you have a child at nursery or school, is their nursery or school very close to a main road? That thread is here. 

We would love to hear from you!  

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about a new product test we've just kicked off. It's for the new range of Baby Dove Rich Moisture products and if you're chosen to take part, you could also win a £100 voucher for your feedback. 

Find out all about it on this thread here.