Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

November 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well and didn't scoff too many Easter Eggs! 

We're just stopping by to ask, what do you wish you had known about breast or bottle feeding? Please do come and tell us if it's about breastfeeding on this thread, and if it's about bottle-feeding over on this thread

Also, today is your last chance to sign up to be a product tester for the new Baby Dove Rich Moisture range. If you fancy taking part, find out how to be in with a chance of being a tester right here.  

• Hi Mummy's I hope everyone is ok?

Once again Ive turned to the trusty old made for Mums forum for some advice.

Hugo-Blaze is two teeth away from a full set - some call it lucky catch me on a bad day and I will disagree :(.

However we have brushed his teeth since he had his first tooth using some great products by MAM and Brush Baby Dental and from about 8m till now (almost 18m) Hugo has pretty much brushed his own teeth. Of late morning and evening brushing are like some sort of world war 3 ;( its really getting me down! I feel like such a horrible Mummy and I dont want it to be a traumatic time.

He has had 2 trips to the dentist with no problem and I asked him for advice and he told me to get a wet muslin with toothpaste on and rub it on the teeth to avoid plaque he also told me to stop using the MILK Teeth toothpaste as its not got enough fluoride. Because he eats so much he genuinely does need to brush his teeth much like adults food present etc but its now a two man job and I am pretty much having to hold his arms down whilst the other parent brushes, I feel its too harsh but I cant not brush them!

My Mum has done the classic "is a phase" any other mummy's having trouble or have advice? x

• Can't help alba sorry, i have trouble getting the tooth brush off eliott he love it lol maybe try doing to together? Make it a game with a 'prize' at the end. A sticker chart maybe? Xx

• Hi Supersquish,

Thanks for your reply.

We do it together but this does not seem to help, he is interested in me doing it but when its his turn all hell breaks loose I just dont get it when we have never had an issue before. I would defiantly be up for giving anything a go as at the moment we have taken away any treats until he does his teeth and he certainly knows what that means.

x

• Ifd defiantly try a sticker chart, hopefully he's not too young to understand it. We've used sticker charts for various things with my eldest and worked a treat, we also had a 'naughty box' where his toys would go if he was been naughty/playing up etc xx

• Hi Alba B, have you tried a toothbrushing app? There are loads of different ones that play songs, and do a brushing countdown?

While we're here, we wanted to let you all know about some threads we're talking about today.
    We're asking what surprised you most about giving birth? That thread is here.
    We're also asking if you think this is true: New parents apparently lose 657 hours of sleep a year: do you think that's true or way off the mark? That thread is here

• I will give the app a go thanks very much x

• Alba, sorry I have no advice for you but just a note to say, you are definitely not alone! Oliver has started hating his teeth being brushed the last week! He hates it! 

Nice to know someone else is in the same boat! 

He has also started having real tantrums, screaming, hitting and just generally being awful when he doesn't want to do something or I won't let him do something! I just don't know what to do! He is so gorgeous and loving 90% of the time but the other 10% I fear hes turning into a gremlin!! 🙈

Anyone else having the terrible twos early???

xxx

• Oh Lolalove, is it time to introduce the naughty step? My 3 year old has started wailing when she's told no - but same as you though, normally an angel, but when she hear's 'no', the meltdown is unreal. 

We wanted to let you all know about a new thread we're chatting about today. We're asking, if you have more than one child - when they were newborns, did your children look the same? Check out the thread for an awesome pic from one of the new mums in our Due in April 17 thread. You can find it right here. 

• Hello! 
    We're wondering if you might come and tell us when your child started to walk - we have a new thread about it right here

Also, just for fun, if any of you have tattoos you might fancy showing us, we have a thread about it here! Thank you!  

• Hi everyone,
    A couple of threads we wanted to tell you about today.

The first is about your babies name: who picked it and did you and your partner agree on it? That thread is here. 

The second thread is if you have a child aged 6-9 years old, we're looking for testers to try out some sunglasses. You can sign up here if you fancy! 

And finally, we're asking, did you have a 3D or 4D scan while you were pregnant? If so, please do come and tell us about that here

• New thread alert! 
    Was your baby born with loads of hair, or none at all? Please come and share your pics over here - we'd love to see them!  

• Hi to all Mummys :)

I hope everyone is well.

I just thought I would keep the thread alive as we have all been a bit quiet and find out how everyone is doing?

We recently got back from our first holiday, I wasn't sure we were going to make it out alive after Hugo being very boisterous decided his favorite thing was to constantly jump off the bed onto the marble floor - but good news we made it!

Hugo-Blaze has been learning to swim since he was 4m old and I have to say this is the first time I fully saw his water confidence come to light I think its because he is in a class with toddlers who are of a similar level to him it never shone through before but the whole safety aspect its taught him really paid off and made our life much easier.

Hugo is now 18m and he seems to have learned to do so much in such a short space of time are any other Mums at this stage noticing big changes quickly?

Its defo time for me to start thinking about number 2!

Here are a few up to date holiday pics ximageimageimageimage

• Gorgeous holiday pics Alba! Thank you for sharing them - Hugo Blaze is growing up beautifully! 

Today’s new thread:

Do you already have a child? If so, do you talk to them about events like the Manchester Arena tragedy, and how do you talk about it? That thread is here.

If you have a child aged 6month - 3 years, would you like them to be a part of a MadeForMums/TOMY video campaign we’re putting together? Read more about this here.

Finally - who do you ask for for pregnancy or baby advice? Your mum or Google? Tell us here.

• Hi everyone, here's what's happening on the forum today:
    Did you suffer with the baby blues? If you did, we would love to hear from you on this thread here. 
    Father's Day is approaching: fancy posting a pic of your dad or your child and their dad? We'd love to see them on this thread here.

We're looking for babies and children, up to the age of 12 years old to test (and keep!) toys for the MFM Toy Awards. For your chance to be a judge, please visit this thread which will tell you how to sign up. 

• New thread alert! 
    Hi everyone, we just wondered what you thought about children being on public transport - should children be offered a seat before anyone else? Please do come and tell us what you think on this thread here.  

• Hi everyone, we're wondering if you have some advice for this member. She would like to know if she should let her 3 year old stay with her Aunt for 6 days, who is an 8 hour drive away... if you have any advice, her thread is over here.  

• Hi Ladies,

How is everyone & Babies doing?

x

• Hi everyone.
    Growing up, was your mum a bit 'naughty' like Princess Diana, and quite laid back? Or was your mum strict?
     Please come and tell us on this thread here!