Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2016 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Awww congratulations fludu 😎 

Im looking for some tips ... .my daughter who was a great sleeper had a great routine has now turned it upside down :( 

She's not been well with doctors thinking its asthma and then He had hand foot and mouth so been abit crazy, but now trying to get her to sleep and stay asleep isn't good. She kept climbing put cot so i changed it into her bed which she was happy but it hasn't helped. its got to the point where she'll now bang her head off the walls and door full force causing marks until i go in and get her. I cant have her doing that so it always end up being a long night with tears and bumps and lumps

Any idea what else i can do???

• Options

Might be a long shot dorie90, but have you heard of the grow clocks? They have light up stars that count down through the night, and then in the morning (at the time you set it to) the sun comes up. It teaches them that they need to stay in bed/in their rooms until that time. I don't think my little one would be ready for it or understand the concept yet, but I have friends who have younger children and it's already working. Might be worth a go if you think she would grasp the concept of it x

• Options

Oh ill try this and see how it goes, last time she was up till 3am and then back up at 7. 

Im willing to try anything at all I've tried everything possible so far its such ashame as she was a textbool a sleepet 8 till half 7/8 xx

• Options

Hello! We would love to know if you have downloaded and used the free MadeForMums Weaning App? If you have, we would LOVE to hear your comments about it, on this new thread. Please do come and tell us what you think - your feedback is so helpful and important to us.  

• Options

I used the lush sleepy lotion last night and she went to bed no bother and slept all night 😎 hope it keeps going xx

• Options

Does anyone have any idea how to treat spots on a little one, or if its best to leave them?! Toby's come up with some horrible painful looking spots around his mouth/chin. image

• Options

Is it hand foot and mouth? Are there any more on his feet, hands or groin area. Chloe gad it a few weeks ago - especially face and groin. It went by itself after about 7_10 days.  May be best to go to a pharmacy  or gp and get checked out  x 

• Options

only one I can find of her with hand foot and mouth 

• Options

imageimage

• Options

Hi, I did wonder this but it's only on his face atm. Will give him a check over in the morning to see if any more appear anywhere else. Atm I think it could be from his dummy and where he's had it quite a lot recently due to colds etc I think it's been rubbing (not sure though). Just wondered if there's a way of clearning them  or if it's best to leave them alone x

• Options

Been to the dr's....yep it's hand foot and mouth! 😩

• Options

Bless him. Hope it is not in distress. Chloe was fine with it just a fever on the 1St day. I kept away from playgroups for week and a bit  as knew others wouldn't want to catch it x x better now than Xmas week x x 

• Options

Yeah he seems ok. He had a really high temp on Sunday and then the spots appeared on Monday. He's been a little bit grumpy but nothing major. The Dr told us there's no need to no go out and carry on as normal as she said because the spots have come out he won't be contagious anymore. Meant to be at a toddler group tomorrow but reluctant to go, as worried the other mum's will be annoyed if they realise what it is, even though he's not contagious. 

• Options

Wow so much to catch up on!

Congratulations Fludu! Amazing news and what a beautiful baby Joel. How is it all going with two?

Aw i feel for you with little ones with hand foot and mouth. It looks so sore but is so so common isn’t it? A colleague of mine is off from work because she’s caught it from her son!!

Are they any better now?

• Options

@charbar thanks can’t believe he is already 4 weeks old time goes by so quickly 

joggling two under 2’s isn’t easy but grateful for the nursery days now down to 2 days a week and when OH is home also helps just to keep older one busy 

this baby a lot more chilled and less fussy which has been a blessing 

so sorry for little ones with HFM we had a mild version months ago when it went round nursery

• Options

Testers wanted! 
    We're looking for children aged 4 to 8 years old to test a Zinc Flyte Scooter - and there's a £200 voucher up for grabs too! 
    To signup, please check out Latest Posts by scrolling all the way to the bottom of this screen and hit the Latest Posts button, as you see in the pic below.

• Options

How is everyone doing? Can't believe all our little ones are 2 now! I still remember getting the announcements that they were all starting to arrive.

We'be been trying for baby number 2 since January, but no luck yet. Feels a bit scary as with Toby we tried for 2 weeks and I got pregnant straight away. Hopefully we'll get a positive soon. 

Hope eveyone is doing really well x

• Options

More testers wanted! 
    This time, we're looking for babies and children, aged 3months - 3years to try a Nurofen For Children FeverSmart™ Temperature Monitor worth £84.99 - and there's a £200 voucher up for grabs too! 

To signup, please check out Latest Posts by scrolling all the way to the bottom of this screen and hit the Latest Posts button, as you see in the pic below. You'll then see the link to signup under Featured Discussions. 

• Options

Hi guys I trust all doing well and enjoying the toddler phase. Is anyone expecting another baby soon or thinking about having another baby?

If weighing the pros and cons of this thought to share this picture of the siblings. J is now 5 months and T is 2yrs.

• Options

Awwww they're such big gorgeous boys 😍

I'm sure it will happen soon Louise. Hope you're not stressing too much.

Penny keeps taking her nappy off so think it's nearly time to potty train! Has anyone else started? Any tips? Loving the toddler years.

Love to all