Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2016 Toddlers

Replies

• No here it's just Oliver (I have 2 step daughters and 2 -soon to be 3- step grandchildren, but they don't live near us).  He gets round so well crawling and waking holding on he hasnt realised there is a need to walk.  He is so cute crawling I'm in no rush.

• Oh my gosh how funny and absolutely adorable picture ha I love to see them exploring they don't half get into the most awkward places don't they and then they can't get out ha ha. I wasn't in any rush thinking she was gonna take after her brother and be a late walker but turns out he was just lazy ha. 

Has anyone weaned onto cows milk yet? Nellie has a bottle to go sleep and wen she wakes up but is still on formula as she enjoys it. I tried her with cows milk but she throws her bottle x

• Thinking about it my neighbours little one is 3 months older than ours but she also has a 5 yr old.  She was saying the other day the youngest was walking by 10 months and is much faster developing than her eldest was but she thinks it's because they are keen to copy an older sibling.  I also hear him banging the patio doors when he wants to go outside so maybe its the same.

Oliver has cows milk in the day but then his bedtime bottle is still formula.  He doesn't mind either but I like the fact there are vitamins in the formula (his food diet is still not great) and he sleeps 12 hours and I worry cows milk wouldn't last him as long.

• I see wot u mean Rustic it might not fill him up as much and will wake up. I've tried to go onto follow on milk but she didn't want that either the only milk she will drink is the baby number 1 formula that she's had since birth. She enjoys it and like u say they getting their vitamins. Oliver is good having both! Is he not eating much? Oh I'm glad Nellie isn't the only one ha. My friends son is same age as mine and her little one went the opposite way and was really delayed in milestones as his big brother and sister did everything for him so he didn't have to try as much to walk or talk was picked up everywhere by someone. 

does he sleep straight through? Nellie sleeps from 7.30 till 6.30-7 ish but I'll b up through the nite finding her dummy or moving her legs from the side of the cot wen she gets stuck. She such a fidget. Are you planning anymore? 

• Oliver has moved between the milks fine, we are now using stage 3.  He loves milk, any milk.  Probably too much as despite trying to cut it down he is still having a lot and even though he has 3 meals a day lunch and dinner can be a bit hit and miss (He loves breakfast).  We've only just managed to get him onto food with small lumps (7mth plus jars) as he would only eat smooth stuff.  Can't get him to eat real food.  Yet he will happily chomp away on a biscuit or snack. He also has trouble with constipation so the dr has put him on a 'softener' to make things easier for him.

He sleeps 8.30pm - 9am, he is a fidget but thankfully rarely wakes at night.  

Just the one for me.  Obviously it's no:3 for DH.  I think if I didn't have to work full time I'd consider a second but I'm happy with just Oliver.  He's got the best of both words being an only child at home but with 2 big sisters and nieces and nephews to grow up with.

• Sorry to hear about his constipation that must be so uncomfortable for him. I must admit I struggled with my son he used to heave on everything I gave him he was on 'mush' for ages but if drinking the milk he's still getting his vitamins like you say. He will get used to it. I think with Nellie watching her brother eat etc has helped as they eat at the same times together now he's off school. She won't even let me feed her she takes the spoon or fork off me! 

That sounds lovely he gets his special alone time at home but has others to look out for him X

• Hi everyone, we were just wondering, when you had your baby, did you have a newborn photo shoot? If you did, we would love for to share the pics on this new thread here. Thank you! 

• imageimageimageimageimageimage

Sorry just catching up been super upper busy xnas shopping all baby are beautiful can't believe we're time has gone claire had. Beautiful baby boy I am still on diet now list 5st 1lb feeling fantastic Ollie started working just after his 1st birthday now wants run he a climber need eyes on back my head 

• JWebster, you look incredible - you should be so proud of yourself! 

• Thank you danielle x 

• Jwebster wow!!! You look amazing! Well done you! Keep up the hard and good work x 

And how cute!! Growing up far too quickly x

Very very early days! But we are adding to our already crazy family 

If your on my Instagram or Facebook please don't say anything x 

• congratz Mumma!!! Fantatsic news!

well done Jwebster you look fantastic.

hope everyone else is well?

• Congrats mrs on baby news that's amazing x

• Thank you rustic I am now at over 5.5 syns loving it hope your wee man gd x

• Hi everyone,
    If your toddler is having trouble sleeping, we're looking for 5 children to try out some Lush Sleepy Lotion... sign up if you want to test over here!  

• Hey how is everyone doing! Congratulations mumma! Well done Jwebster! look fab! Is anyone else's toddler having tantrums already? Nellie is getting a monkey for screaming and I mean a piercing scream. It's not what I want when trying to shop and I'm the mom with the screaming child everyone is looking at. Don't get me wrong she's golden when she wants to be and is such a character makes me laugh, but when she doesn't get something oh my gosh it's the worst noise ever. I've tried a dummy but it gets flung across the room or car park wherever we are. Im getting to the point I'm scared to take her in a shop. I'm not one to get embarrassed but it's the screaming. One women looked at me in such disgust I actually told her to put her face straight and move away from us if was bothering her that much! I'm not sure if it's the pushchair to be honest cuz she loves walking. shes also started waking up through the nite few times a week but like from 2ish till 5ish. She's half asleep just fidgeting around waking herself up. Anyway sorry for the moan just wondered if I'm the only one who's having early tantrums ha I'm absolutely shattered lol. My son was so laid back so having a demanding little girl has been a shock to the system x 

• Hope everyone had a good Halloween! X

• Phoenix is a screamer. If she doesn't get her own way or you do something she doesn't like she will scream/shriek and it is ear splitting. She's done it since about 10 months old. Actually she does it less now but still yells a lot.
    I just had to break off writing this to remove her from the cat - she was pulling his tail! Poor cat didn't even stop purring, he's crazy, any attention makes him purr image
    Oh she is also a biter, she just bit my hand after I stopped her tormenting the cats image
    Honestly I thought she would be like my 2nd child in personality but she's not, she is so hard work and such a handful imageimageimage Good job she's cute lol.

• I have a biter here too ... DH and I are covered in bruises and cuts!  Oliver certainly knows what he wants and doesn't and let's you know too!! 

Here he is though very excited to be in a wheelbarrow!