Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Thank you for Jensons book too Danielle, he got Ping and Pong are best friends, he loves looking through it :-) 

looking forward to seeing some pics from Sunday bunny, it sounds like you had a wonderful day. 

I think Jenson is teething again, hes been horrendous during the night for the last few days and a right misery bum during the day (probably not helped by being over tired!)  I wish they’d just break through already! 

jenson has his settling in sessions at nursery next week ready to start the week after :-( I can’t believe that’s then me back to work! 

Hope everyone else is ok xx

image (P.s. The bruise on his cheek is from launching himself at his play table 😢 he thinks he’s better on his feet than he is!!) 

• Oh Bunny - not sure what I was thinking sending that book! Sorry! 
    Glad yours has arrived MillP, though sorry to hear about the teething. How you feeling about the return to work? I remember dreading it, but then finding  really enjoyed it... 

• I’m feeling a bit mixed Danielle. I’m going to miss Jenson so much but i am quite looking forward to having a proper routine back and having adult conversation again! I just hope J settles into nursery quickly, it’s going to be heartbreaking leaving him if he’s crying! Xx

• I could have written your post above - I felt the same. And my eldest daughter did cry when I left her at nursery, and on that first day back to work, I cried outside the nursery feeling so sick and sad, but she was fine after a few days and had the best time there (plus a while later, they potty trained her too, which was amazing!) 
    It will be heartbreaking, but you'll both get there. Please do let us know how it goes! 

• Good luck MillP! I know it's not the same as it was only for 6 days but Lyra's time at nursery when we were skiing went really well. She didn't cry the first time we left her but she did the following times. When we got back we peeped through the doorway and she was playing happily with the nanny - she only started crying for us when she spotted us! Hopefully Jenson will enjoy it as much as Lyra seemed to.

Glad your day went well Bunny. Looking forward to seeing photos! 

As for me, feeling a bit frustrated as the buyers of our place pulled out for the second time. So looks like we will be living with my parents for a while yet... 

Somewhere in the first month of TTC currently but no idea where as my cycles are so irregular as I'm still breastfeeding. I had a random day of spotting on Saturday and that's NEVER happened to me before so I've got a little birdie in my ear whispering "implantation bleeding" 😂. Guess we'll have to see. 

I guess most of the babies are one now! What did you all do? Lyra's birthday is a week today. 

• Sugar, so lovely to hear you are TTC again! Have you thought about using ovulation test sticks to help? 

Hi everyone else too. Have you seen Dan Osborne's new tattoo of his kids on his thigh? It got us wondering, do you or your partner have any tattoos about your kids? If so, please do come and tell us about them here. 

• imageAlex enjoying his birthday cake! 

• Thanks Danielle! I might try that in a few months' time if we haven't been lucky. Going to do a test this weekend as I still don't really know what's happening. I realised it's going to be a lot harder this time - not knowing when I was ovulating was no big deal last time as we just made sure we covered all based in terms of BDing. But how do you find the time with a one year old who doesn't drop off until after midnight, wakes frequently, won't nap and won't sleep anywhere but our bed?! 🙈

Aww cute, Eglew! Did he enjoy it? And how did you celebrate?

Here's a few of Lyra on her birthday. I'm so glad I made a "baby-friendly" cake as she's been a bit off her food recently but she seemed to love it, so I was giving it to her for days afterward. It was pretty tasty to be fair - banana and maple syrup cake with cream cheese frosting, yum!

• Well I'm absolutely astonished but...

• Sugar! Yaayy! Congratulations 😊

• Thanks Bunny! How are you and Naomi doing?

• Wow great news! Congrats sugar xx

• Congrats Sugar! Great news

• Congratulations Sugar - That's awesome!!! And should you fancy it, here's our Due in Oct 18 birth club... 

• Thanks everyone!

MillP, how did Jenson do at nursery?

• He’s doing ok thanks sugar. 

He seems to like it but he is generally grumpy at the mo as he’s had back to back viruses since xmas 😫. I’m confident once he finally shakes them all off he will love nursery! He doesn’t really get upset there, just a bit moany which he’s also like at home! Very hard work atm!! Xx

• Want to take part in our latest product test? It's for Fifi & Friends baby care range and there's a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs. Just go to: Talk To Us for how to sign up. 

• Poor Jensen MillP, that doesnt sound like a nice couple of months 😢 glad he is settling ok at nursery though. 

How are are you doing Sugar? Are they going to do extra scans after all the worry with Lyra or just seeing how it goes?

Somebody decided to take off her nappy and wander around starkers this evening 😂

• Poor Jenson with all the viruses! Good that he seems to like nursery though and hopefully he'll enjoy it even more when he's fighting fit again. Lyra is very hard work at the moment too - very clingy and she's really resisting solids. I think it's teething. 

😂 Bunny that's hilarious. We have a very similar photo illustrating the dangers of nappy free time when your baby won't stay still.

Not sure yet about the scans! I've been wondering that myself. I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday so I guess I can ask then. I've been feeling a lot more sick this time than last, which isn't ideal with a toddler to look after! But I guess it's reassuring in its own way. 

• Hey ladies! Sorry I appeared to disappear! It's so lovely to see how your little ones have grown! So beautiful! I can't believe they are all 1! How quickly has it gone!

Mia has 8 teeth and is currently cutting 3 molars which is horrendous! It's made sleep worse than it was before and she didn't seem all that keen in the first place 😂. 

Mia started walking just after her first birthday and it is still comical watching her stroll around! 

She says mama and dada, dirty (I say don't touch  that it's dirty or 'lets wipe your hands they are dirty after eating' so she uses that! She says ta, and chance which is mils dog. 

Huge congratulations sugar! Amazing news! We are going to try conceive again after our wedding in Sept. I could have wrote your post about how to ttc as Mia is not a good sleeper, is still in our room! Hopefully by then Mia will have improved!

Lots of love to you all xxx