Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

April 2017 Toddlers

Hello.

This is a new thread for the lovely folks from our April 2017 Babies Club, whose equally lovely babies are now turning one and heading into toddlerhood!

If you have a toddler (born in April 2017), do please feel free to post here, too, and join in. You'd be very welcome and they're a nice, friendly lot!

Replies

• Hi everyone! First one to post 😁 Natalie is just starting nursery and I had my first week at work this week 😣 A massive adjustment for us all and I miss her so bad already! Anyway, we have 2 weeks off together over Easter and it is her birthday on 15th April so we will be having a party for her and her new baby friends are coming 😁 Hope you are all well xxx

• Hope all the April babies are ok.

Where has the time gone? I can't believe in a week and a day my tiny little baby will be 1.

This time last year I was stressing that I was going to get chicken pox and need to be rushed in for a C-section and today we were back to hospital as Bethan has been really poorly the last few days and today came out in a really bad rash. 

Here is my gorgeous little girl practising her lecturing skills last week

• Sorry I didn't see your post before I posted Pzapi. I hope Natalie is settling in well at nursery, and you at work as well. I think often we find it harder than they do. I know Bethan loves playing with the other children when she goes to the childminder but then I started at work when she was 6 months and I think they are a little less clingy at that age. I'm jealous you got so long with Natalie!

But like you we have quite a long break over Easter so will make the most of the time off. We're not having a party but will take her to the zoo with our families and she doesn't get to see a lot of them very often so hopefully she will enjoy it.

• Hi everyone! Can't believe we are a year on from waiting for all our babies to be born! I loved this thread so much when I was pregnant. And it's lovely to hear how you're all getting on! I hope Natalie is enjoying nursery pzapi. Jojo, Bethan looks gorgeous! And obviously destined to be a genius 😊

I've done 2 KIT days as work now which have been ok. I start properly next week. Just 2 and a half days a week and Thomas will be with family so hopefully when I get used to it it'll be fine. I feel like I know nothing at work though, a year is a long time to be away!

Thomas is a very happy little boy and I'm a very proud mammy. He will be one on 28th April. We aren't having a proper party, just spending the day with family and of course having cake! It will be Thomas' first taste of chocolate and I'm so excited for him.

• Awww the baby photos are so cute! What gorgeous babies! Well nursery didn't happen as she has been ill all week with an ear infection, so I have been off most of this week 🙈 Felt so awkward taking time off but I have to put Natalie first. Awww Mrs B it will be Natalie's first taste of chocolate too at her party 😍 we had the same idea! Can't wait to see her face 😍 Aww Jojo you'll have to give me some tips on settling back into work and how to handle sickness as this seems like difficult water to navigate 🙈 Felt like I should post a pic of Natalie too xxxxximage

• She's beautiful! So sorry she's poorly, how stressful when you're just back at work! But like you say, she comes first. Hopefully work are supportive xx

• Both Thomas and Natalie are gorgeous!

So sorry Natalie has been ill, but like you say she definitely comes first and your work understand that I'm sure.

I had the advantage that I started a completely new job when I went back, which meant at least it was kind of expected that I didn't know anything! But then again trying to do a new job unlike anything I've ever done before, and looking after a baby was a bit difficult. They are amazing at work though so we are really lucky and if Bethan is ill and can't go to the childminder and we have something we absolutely have to go in for, we just take her in with us! The students love seeing her and our boss even requested we take her with us for one event and so I got her a hoodie designed especially and she handed out flyers for us (until she decided to try to eat one!).

I'm going to try and make Bethan a cake for her birthday. I'm not creative at all and have never made a cake that looks nice so I'm terrified it will turn out awful!

• Oh my goodness, I can't believe we have a toddler thread!!!!!! It doesn't feel like that long ago we had a pregnancy thread lol! 

• Hi everyone, how have those first birthday parties been going? It's so wonderful to see how far these babies have come! 

Please do pop me over via PM your full name and address so we can send you out your toddler gift. 😊

• Happy birthday to those lovely April 2017 babies that have already celebrated!!!!! 

Hope everyone is well xx

• Tomorrow it will be a year since my due date, though Thomas kept me waiting so long! His birthday isn't till 28th. I remember constantly checking the messages on here this time last year to see which babies had been born! I hope you are all well and that all the babies are enjoying their birthdays xxx

• Ha ha, I was the same MrsB!! Checking the messages and getting really excited when another baby was born, then feeling a bit deflated when I remembered that I was still very much pregnant :-P

Harrison kept us waiting so long he didn't end up being born until May ha ha!!! 

• Testers wanted! 
    We're looking for children aged 4 to 8 years old to test a Zinc Flyte Scooter - and there's a £200 voucher up for grabs too! 
    To signup, please check out Latest Posts by scrolling all the way to the bottom of this screen and hit the Latest Posts button, as you see in the pic below.

• imageimage

Thank you for Bethan's book Danielle. Yesterday we were subjected to 20 minutes non-stop button pressing so it's safe to say she likes it! 

Bethan had a lovely birthday, with lots of presents and she really enjoyed the zoo. And the cake turned out ok as well. Here she is munching on it!

• Happy birthday Bethan! But that cake Jojo, please talk me though that incredible cake! 

• More testers wanted! 
    This time, we're looking for babies and children, aged 3months - 3years to try a Nurofen For Children FeverSmart™ Temperature Monitor worth £84.99 - and there's a £200 voucher up for grabs too! 

To signup, please check out Latest Posts by scrolling all the way to the bottom of this screen and hit the Latest Posts button, as you see in the pic below. You'll then see the link to signup under Featured Discussions. 

• Happy birthday Bethan! She looks so grown up Jojo! Xxx

This day last year was Harrison's due date - how quickly that year has flown by! 

Xx

• She does doesn't she bubba? I don't like it!!!

Happy due date Harrison :D

It took me and my hubby 10 hours Danielle! Bethan's initials are BEE so we had to do a bee-themed cake and found this recipe on youtube. I think next year we will make a simple round cartoon bee shaped cake this one was far too much work!

• 10 hours?! Oh my goodness - it looks amazing though! And I bet it tasted amazing! 

• Hi!!! How did all the April birthdays go? 

This time last year I was overdue and in labour! And, little did I know, still 3 days away from meeting my baby! 

Now I look at him and can't believe he was ever a baby ha ha! He walks, shouts at me when he wants something, has such a cheeky face and has absolutely no fear! I honestly didn't think I could so proud of this little person that came and turned my life upside down - very nearly 1 year on and I wouldn't change a moment!!