Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Definitely Sonny!!

How are you getting on with the pregnancy? are your older children excited with the baby on the way?? definitely your older daughter must be..i think you said shes 7. I was almost 8 when my mum had my little brother and i was over the moon to take care of the baby!!!!

• its not going too bad at the moment. Just getting over a cold which floored me earlier this week. Got my 16 week check at hospital tomorrow (I'm 17+5 today) then 20 week scan 10 September. Yes, my eldest is 7 and she's excited, the other 2 are too, Jacob is a bit young to understand at the moment. Samara, my eldest, is like a second mother to Jacob, and the bond between the two of them makes my heart melt with such love and pride. 

Xx

• That's good Navi. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the appointment, must be difficult, the waiting. I can't believe your nursery serves curry?! 

Blue- we hadn't watched the  teletubbies in ages until your comment. Went back to it and she loves them, dancing to the theme tune and waving and saying bye bye at the screen. 

• It's Mr tumble I can't abide by. Also Topsy and Tim 😂

• I hate Mr Tumble and his spotty bag! 

• My little one loves Mr Tumble and twirly woos and teletubbies. I know it's good and educational but Cbeebies in general does my head in but seeing Jacob's reaction when it comes on makes me laugh, he's so excited haha. 

• Ok now we have the sleep regression! Every night for 4 nights she has woken up at 11pm and 1am. At 1am this morning she was seriously upset, tears, pointing at the door and saying "that". I scared the crap out of me, I spent until 2am telling myself there's wasn't a ghost in the house after she has gone back to sleep. 

I read somewhere that they can start to have nightmares around 15 months, I'm wondering if that was the start of it?

• image aww blue!! would have been terrified as well!!! haven't noticed anything with Stephen and lately he sleeps through the night. most likely because he's back to our bedroom (i know, we go backwards...but can't think of him fitting in the next room). some friends though were telling me that their 20 month old has nightmares and he's screaming at night, so maybe this is it..

• Ooh dear blue, does sound like nigtmares, poor thing. Elodie always wakes up twice a night.. 

Just wondering has anyone's hair changed since giving birth? My hair has gone at least a shade darker, my hairdresser said that I've got lots of regrowth coming through which I guess is only noticeable now. 

• I can't imagine what you must be going through Navi. I live in constant fear of Harper being ill, not that I have any reason to fear it but I'm constantly worrying at every slight thing. I know I'm supposed to feel worried when shes poorly (which she very rarely is) but I think it stems from when she fell off the table at 5 weeks old. I still struggle to sleep without being able to hear her breathing, but I can only imagine you must doze with both eyes open :-( 

My hair went really thin straight after but seems to have gone back to normal again. I was on the pill after my 6 week post natal check up and I think that was the cause of the thinning hair and bad moods which now make me feel like I missed out on so much of her being tiny that I hardly remember it all.

I also think back now that I was that far off my face on gas and air that i don't remember moments after her being born, but I'm told that's to be expected after forceps, blood loss and 40 + hours of being awake lol childbirth is great isn't it? 😂

• Hi there girls,

Stephen is again ill since Sunday, anothe virus most likely. Ha has fever but thankfully no convulsions. He's full time in nursery now and I was wondering, was like that for anyone else? I mean for the little ones that attend daycare, were they so often ill or is it just mine? I'm very worried in case something else is going on with him, but gp seems to be certain that he just picks up things in nursery.

• Harper is there 4 days a week from 7 to mid-afternoon. Like I say, she is very daily ill but the other kids there are constantly ill. A lot seem to pass around a cough, snotty nose etc. There's only around 3-4 in the "baby room" which she will be moving out of soon though.

The general opinion I've heard about daycare is that you spend all your money not being able to send them because of a bug they picked up at daycare lol 

• *Very rarely. Stupid phone. Serves me right for slacking at work 😴

• I know blue!!!! so expensive and we don't even sent him half days..I've used all my holidays and partner is constantly out of work for the same reason. i might need to start working 3-4 times per week i think. 

also, i got i positive clear blue preggo test image freaking out big time. didn't expect that at all..very very early so cant believe it as yet. i booked an early scan in a couple of weeks and if all is good then i guess i'm gonna join another due forum

• Hey everyone! I’m still here, sleep deprived haze but I’m here. I read br don’t always have time to reply!

lucie is a terrible sleeper but these new teeth on route seem to be making it much worse. Her top and bottom gums are so swollen and white poor thing. She’s still only got 6 😂

Congrats Navi! Another baby, I feel s pong of sadness that I won’t be having anymore (planned anyway!) but I also realise with the way Lucie sleeps I couldn’t cope with another 😂

how are he pregnancies coming along?

big ones settled well into primary 2, she’s a diva and has a terrible attitude for a 5yo but she’s also very clever and polite in public so I can’t have it all ways 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

We go on holiday 3 weeks today! Hoping not to have a teething baby on the plane but be glad to get away lol. Finally picked the miinimo 2 pushchair for taking away with a universal additional sun shade. It folds small and is practical for going away but I want a prettier buggy when I’m home lol! 

Hope your all well,

Natalie xx

• As for nursery, Lucie doesn’t go but my oldest one went from age 7m - starting school and spent most of the first two years I’ll with colds, bugs and hand foot and mouth. I think it’s ubdortunately part of the package 😩 x

• Congrats navi I felt the same when I found out too ! I'm 11 weeks now just waiting for my scan to come through so much has changed how The midwifes do things now crazy how quick things change I've not had an early scan this time so it's making me a little anxious for first scan. 

hands up here too with the teething my lb  suffering ar the moment I use ambesol the liquid and it's a god send works instantly for him no other one seemed to work

aldo agree with the bugs and illnesses around the nurserys daughtee was never ill until started nursery when she was 2 now she gets ill all the time it's a pain that parents seem to send their kids back to soon and all the other kids catch it and turns into a cycle shes been of for summer and she's not been ill so it's defo nursery related she goes back next week. my lb will start nursery next year when he's 2 but by then will have a 6 month old, and my daughter will start reception class as school scary to think 

• Wow, congratulations navi, must be nice to have a couple of the girls on here also going through pregnancy at the moment. As for nursery, I remember my friend moaning that her little one had just got over a cold as it was half term but would soon be back and picking up another. The only good thing about is that it all helps build up a healthy immune system! 

Where are you going on holiday Millie's mummy? We are susposed to be going away on mon for two weeks. Waited a long time..

Elodie's teething has calmed down since her teeth have broken through. But i will try that ambesol when we get the next bout. Thanks nay :)

• Anbesol liquid and weleda granules we use for Georgia gone from only 4 teeth to almost 9 in space of about a month bless them. Had couple of nights in there somewhere with ought being woken. Lucky sleep is pretty good as long as not in pain or ill. Can't wait for all those teeth to be here still a way to go though

• We use the anbesol too but tbh she doesn't get relief from it for long, around 10 mins or so. I have tried them all but she seems to like eating fruit and giving it a good chew best lol. 

We are going to torremolinos for a week, I've packed for 2 haha! I think children get so grubby on holiday but thinking back I am sure I left Millie spend most of her time naked lol. Hoping the teething settles so I'm not 'that' mum on the plane with a screaming teething baby lol!