Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Type Elodieyour comment
  • Morning mamas!

we had lucies first sickness bug since she was a teeny last night. I’m traumatised how someone so little can be sick so much and so far. (And I’m a nurse!!!) My washing machine will be non stop today!

blue how’s your bump progressing? Hopefully that tired stage has improved. I remember it being much worse 2nd time around. Are you going to find out gender or remain team yellow? 

Glad that you got your residency in France sorted Hannah. Must be a relief! Any plans for more babies?

hope all other mamas are good too. Gets so difficult to come out as often when they get bigger. We have started using the potty here and there but I can’t get time off until July to fully start it. 

Xx
  • Also, hope your well too @DanielleMFM
  • @MilliesMummyx seeing your name pop up really made me smile! Helllooo! Totally sympathise with the sickness bug -  my daughter had it last year, and kept vomming on the couch - that sick smell lingered far too long.... 
    Is life treating you well? 
  • Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Jun 16, 2019 9:32PM
    Evening all, hope everyone is ok?

Bump is progressing a little too well @MilliesMummyx I've just hit 16w and found out yesterday that not only do I have an Anterior placenta but I also have a little Boy on the way 😬

I joke lol we are over the moon to end up with one of each. Harper is very disappointed to be getting a brother instead of the little sister she keeps talking about. She keeps saying "mummy got baby in tummy" or "my got baby in tummy" lol she's already started cuddling and stroking my bump, it's really cute but yeah "want likkle girl one" is what she keeps saying. I think she will turn into a mother hen, as you can see she is already practising. 

We've got her 2 year review on Wednesday, has everyone else had theirs? I know she's perfectly fine. She doesn't stop singing. Jesus, I swear if I have to hear "see the likkle bunny sleeping Lilly noon...wake up bunny hop hop bunny!" 😂 She's got the tune, but not the words haha
  • Congratulations Blue! Perfect, one of each :) Unless you're Harper who would love a baby sister! Sweet photo, I'm sure she'll enjoy helping you. 
    We had Elodie's 2 year check up at the beginning of May. It was the usual physical, height, weight, teeth and then it became a bit adhoc really. He asked us how many words she could say and then we had some flash cards with us anticipating it may be a bit difficult to demonstrate the language skills of an English speaking child to a French speaking doctor. It was an intern and he spoke a bit of English so we just used the cards to show she knew her colours and shapes. 
    Elodie is the opposite, she gets the words right but not the tune! She takes after me in that respect.. She shouts 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!' as if its a heavy metal song, "TWINKE TWINKLE". She also likes to sing songs but replaces the object or person, "Rock a bye Mummy", it's sweet but then we have to hear it 20 times whilst she works her way through everyone..  I think I prefer her stories, her favourite at the moment is 'We're going on a bear hunt'. Bizarrely when she recites this story she sounds like a cockney! 

@MilliesMummyx - Thank you, yes its a relief, ten years residency so we feel safe. No plans to go back to the UK anytime soon esp with Boris Johnson as PM. I know I don't live there anymore but it really upsets me that he is extremely likely to get in :( 
    I hope Lucie is feeling better and no more sick. It is surprising how much sick they can produce! 
    I would love to have one more but my partner is even more adamant than before that he doesn't want another one. 
  • @hannah22 can't go under it, can't go over it, we've to go... "THROUGH IT!!!". That's normally one of Harper's choices before bed. If not that it's "What the ladybird heard on holiday", "Goldilocks and the three bears" or the Gruffalo lol 

Our review went find after all. She was 50th percentile for height and 75th for weight. We got reminded to drop the dummy and bottle before bed but she's having none of either! She will have to stop both habits before Baby comes but it's so hard when you know they want it and will settle.
  • Hi @DanielleMFM @hannah22 @Bluehawaii90

Lucie kindly infected us all with her sickness bug. We spent 2 days, 5 adults and 2 children, vomiting for Scotland. Was not pleasant with 1 toilet hahaha! Now back to normal thankfully. Otherwise all well here!

congrats on the boy blue! When he arrives Harper will be delighted anyway. She’ll soon forget she wanted a sister... mine got a sister and hates having to share everything haha!

bear hunt is a solid favourite in here. I get the 10 books for £10 in the works and they do some really good ones. A few other favourites with lucie are 10 little monsters, the giraffe who could not see and anything peppa related as if we haven’t seen every episode a thousand times!!

not had any 2 year check here. I can’t remember having it with Millie either. Do they not get injections soon? 

Natalie
  • Oh @MilliesMummyx I bet those few days were horrendous! And i dread to think the amount of washing you must have done.

While i'm here, if you've not checked out Latest Discussions, please do as we have two great Product Tests happening over there with some great prizes on offer; a £300 Amazon voucher and £200 Aldi voucher! 

• Elodie in her element :)
    We had a lovely weekend, Sat at an agricultural show in our village and then on Sun we went to an equestrian centre as they had a fete. Elodie refused to get on a Shetland for a ride, I tried three times and every time "go to mummy". It made me réalisé for Harper to get on a donkey she must be brave! 

Blue- What questions did they ask you at her review? Elodie is sim to Harper, nearly 50% in height and 65% in weight. 

Natalie- Good news, all back to normal. Sounded horrible!
    I'll have to go to The Works, that's a good deal. We go to the U.K. on Sunday for a week. I love the classics and Joyce Dunbar books. One of Elodie's favourite books at the moment is one about the digestive system which she calls 'the poo book'. It is too old for her but she enjoys listening to it. 
  • @hannah22 I couldn't believe it myself when she did either! We are off to Cornwall for the weekend and she keeps saying "count the sleeps mummy" every night 😍
    Elodie looks right at home on that Tractor! I picked up a bigger car last night (nissan juke) and she couldn't believe her eyes bless her. My Granparents watched her a little longer while I went to the garage and she was stood at the door waiting for me. She loved touching everything and sitting in each seat shouting "come look mummy's lellow Car!". It's yellow..what can I say, it was a good price and you dont see the colour from the inside 🤣

For her review, it was really informally formal, if you know what I mean. We walked in and there were toys and books all over the floor. They did it really well actually, they took us through how she eats, singing, talking, sleeping, how she gets on at nursery etc. Also holding pens, drawing... We actually had a questionnaire to fill out before the day which was like "can your child jump, put pasta on string, say more than 3 words together.." does anyone actually sit there and thread pasta on a string!? 😂 The woman agreed the questions are stupid and not all kids are at the same levels for all things. 

I love The Works, we had a 10 for £10 binge a while ago and they are great, better than trying to drag them away from Waterstones kids section! 
  • Blue- I love Cornwall, we went camping there years ago. You're lucky with the weather, heatwave! It was up to 38c here today, bit too hot... 

Elodie does look at home, training to be a farmers wive! 

You'll have to post a photo of the yellow car! 

The review was certainly more in depth than ours.  I agree with the threading pasta comment,  she has never tried that one.. Elodie can't jump, but my friends little boy who's 6 months younger can . But then he does have one of those baby trampolines and Elodie's speech was a lot better than his at the same age. It's really hard to say what is normal for a 2yr old, I've looked on the internet just out of curiosity and it differs so wildly what is average for a 2 year old. 

• Announcement! Check out Latest Discussions to find out how to signup to be a Judge in this years MadeForMums Toy Awards - and keep any toys you test! 
  • We've just got back from two weekends of seemingly Accidental holidays. Cornwall was a bit of a disaster. We went with my grandparents and all we really did was drive around aimlessly because no-one could actually decide on what to do. After 9 hours driving there and 9 hours back, I felt unfulfilled and in a moment of pregnancy madness, managed to book us to Hunstanton last minute. We paid until Monday but knew we would be home today because of work, nursery etc. We had been before so knew what to expect, that was all fine, Harper however was a little devil. She was horrible. Screaming, shouting, running off, not listening at all. I give up trying to go on holiday for this year 🤣

She still likes ""Mummy's new lellow car!" As you can see...
  • Hey, how are you all?
    I am off today, been a whirlwind few months on this new job, moving to full time and taking on a promotion was a big jump. Managing fine in work it’s just the life adjustment like sorting washing?! I forgot how much you could get done on your day off when kids were at school/nursery. It’s never ending. 
    How are toddlers and bumps/babies? 
    It’s due to pour of rain here today so I am having a huge clear out while lucie is at nursery then my ironing pile is frightening haha. Scotland schools go back 14th August so been and bought all the new gear for the return. Can’t wait to get routine back in our lives, her bedtimes are getting Mayer no mater how much we try and her attitude stinks. She got her ears pierced this weeks and it’s added to it. She’ll be 7 in September and thinks she’s 17 😂 send help! 
    natalie xx

• Don't even go there with washing. How. How do you get to the bottom of the load and manage to put it all away and go "I have achieved the goal of doing the washing"?. It is a constant battle in our house. 

22 +5 and counting. Harper loves feeling the baby move. She came for a cuddle last night and just rested her hand on my bump while patting my tummy lol have you seen a spike in attitude from Lucie? Most nights we get "my not going nursery" or just randomly shouts "No!" When you tell her not to touch something 🤣

Do you still use a high chair for her? She flatly refuses to go in one now, which means she wants to jump around and run riot when in a restaurant which I hate so much. 

• We haven’t used a high chair for around 8/9 months so won’t even entertain it. She is a little diva! Harper looks delighted with herself in her sombrero haha! Lucie is a very independent little girl, makes me laugh so much. She is quite a comic and confident compared to her big sister who is quite quiet and sulky haha!
  • Hi all,

I can see you're pretty busy with a new job, the terrible twos, holidays and washing! Looking at the photos I really noticed a difference, they're growing up obviously so. 

Poor you Blue! It must be trying with being pregnant and running around after a toddler, babyhood was nothing compared to this! 9 hours, wow, you are braver than I am.
    Love the car, you won't miss where you parked it :) 
    We still use a highchair, the place we're going on holiday has offered a cot, baby bath and a highchair for 96 euros.. So we're taking the travel cot and going without a highchair for the first time. I've taken her camping so not bothered going without. 

MilliesMummy - I love black and white photos, good to get them smiling at the same time if your eldest is a mini teenager! My nephew was the same, going on 18 and still at junior school.. 
    When do Scottish school break up then? How many weeks do they have off? 
    Elodie's bedtimes have got later since the summer, about half 8 but the last couple of weeks she has been going to bed and then not sleeping until 10ish.. She's a real stickler for having things in her cot, the recent one is her Turtle night light that plays wave music for 20m then switches off and she demands we go and turn it on again and we have this cycle until about 10, sometimes later... 

We had a great time in the UK, we went to Whipsnade Zoo, which I would recommend, it's brilliant. We also went camping and despite my mum booking a campsite directly under a flight path that had flights all night (apart from about 20m at 2am) , Elodie went down easily and slept right through. I think she was the only one that did... I also took her to Bluebell Railway, Elodie's first train ride and it was a steam engine :) 

Since we got back I put her straight into knickers and the toilet training is going great. I don't have a potty, funnily enough I haven't even seen one for sale in France.. I just use a portable children's toilet seat. Wee isn't a problem but it took a while for her to learn the difference between I need a poo and I have already started.. Leading to knickers being binned, poo in my hand (please don't poo on my hand whilst dashing to the loo, oh too late.. ) and today not her fault, she did a little poo on her seat and I discovered I didn't have her wet wipes.. But she seems to ask now before, crossing fingers and toes!
    Where is everyone else with toilet training?  
  • Hi guys!!!!!
    Haven't been on for ages, so sorry...
    Huge congrats Blue!!!!!! Do happy for you, when are you due?
    Life is mental with 2 even though I have much help!!
    So I gave birth to my beautiful daughter through c section end of April, just 2 days after Stephen turned 2. She's now almost 4 months. She's a happy wee girl that breatfeeds all day long!
    Stephen hates her... We have so many issues with him.. My wee boy is hitting her on every opportunity, he's hitting us and all his friends at nursery. I'm all day long talking to him and remind him that we love him and nothing has changed but he's sooo jealous!!!!
    Unfortunately hes still having convulsions when he's ill and feverish and we gad a scare a month ago that I haven't yet recovered from.
    Anyway, so happy to be here again. Natalie and Hannah how are the girls?