Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Aug 13, 2019 7:55PM
    Navi2016 said:
    Hi guys!!!!!
    Haven't been on for ages, so sorry...
    Huge congrats Blue!!!!!! Do happy for you, when are you due?
    Life is mental with 2 even though I have much help!!
    So I gave birth to my beautiful daughter through c section end of April, just 2 days after Stephen turned 2. She's now almost 4 months. She's a happy wee girl that breatfeeds all day long!
    Stephen hates her... We have so many issues with him.. My wee boy is hitting her on every opportunity, he's hitting us and all his friends at nursery. I'm all day long talking to him and remind him that we love him and nothing has changed but he's sooo jealous!!!!
    Unfortunately hes still having convulsions when he's ill and feverish and we gad a scare a month ago that I haven't yet recovered from.
    Anyway, so happy to be here again. Natalie and Hannah how are the girls? 

I was beginning to wonder where everyone else had gone! I get so many notifications from my other group it's actually really nice to get a message on this chat :-D I'm due 30th November, we have a very active boy on the way! He kicks all day long and you remember how the night time wee goes, by the time you're back into bed, the baby starts kicking and that is sleeping off the cards most of the time! I'm shattered to say the least. Harper loves feeling him kick and talks about him all the time. Even when she wanted chocolate "baby have some too mummy?" Baby most definitely had some 😜

Glad to hear all went ok with your daughter, was Stephen excited through your pregnancy? Harper is going through a stage of smacking me at the minute. She loves to look through photos of her, Sunday morning 6:40am I was not feeling it so said "No". I got a slap around the face and she got a tap on her nappy for it. She also bit me the other week so I bit her back just enough but not to hurt or mark, she hasn't done it since! She went through a stage of pushing at nursery too. 

Is there any time they are chilled together? I know a lot of people try to spend equal time with each but I can't imagine you HAVENT already tried that. It's not good, but my brothers have 3 years between them, they still hate each other aged 24 and 21 🤔 
  • Hey everyone!

nice to see your name pop up Navi! I struggled jumping to two and there’s just shy of 5 years between my girls. The jealousy was (and still can be) insane. Millie is slowly starting to forgive me haha. 

Millie is at a really tricky age just now, I’m hoping she’s just been struggling with lack of routine through summer. Our schools finished for summer end of June so it’s 6.5 weeks they get off. Far too long if you ask me but tomorrow they go back!

we are 2 weeks in pants and very few accidents but likewise she is great for pee but will not poo in toilet despite knowing she needs it. To the point she ends up constipated so I have ended up putting on a pull up when I know she is desperate. Poor soul she’s doing so well! She also loves to give us a slap followed by the most angelic face and “oh sowee” 😂

sounds like they all are! It’s so hard to believe how big they are already. Xx
  • Ive trying to spend alone time with him and there was an activity I was going with him while Rosie was home with my mum but everything stopped fir summer holidays. I'm with him when he's eating, we play together lots and sleep all together but Rosie is always around for a quick access to the boob 😊.
    I honestly don't remember the 2 of them next to each other without ending up in him hitting her... Poor soul seems terrified when she hears his voice. Really looking forward for this to pass but I know it's gonna take a while. When he's stroking her and pretends to love her my heart melts to look at them!!
    We had the 27m evaluation for Stephen and the only thing that I mentioned to the HV was his constant need to put things in his mouth. Toys, sand, little rocks even his hands. I pushed for an evaluation for sensory issues but the HV didn't see the need to. Sometimes he's putting things in his nose and ear for the love of god!!!!!!!! Pretty common they said... Speach wise he's doing great and he's bilingual speaking a mix of Greek and English. He seems to understand the difference and he speaks to me and my siblings in Greek and in our Scottish family in English. It's so cute!!
    Blue I think Harper is going to be different with her wee brother. Girls are more mature and maternal I think. Boys are just wild. You will see 😘
    Is Millie P3 now Natalie? My sister had P3 class past year and she said how nice and cute all were!
    We are going to Greece next week for a couple of months so Stephen can be in the beach all day long in case he blows some steam off and relaxes!!!!!
    Also i I think I'm not done and I'd like one more 🙈. Partner thinks I'm crazy... 
  • Hi Navi, welcome back! Sorry to hear that you're having problems with Stephen, hopefully the jealousy thing will settle down, sounds as if you are doing everything you can. Yes, boys are a completely different kettle of fish. I have 5 nephews and all my friends that live out here have boys. But the upside of boys being boisterous now is that they do tend to be easier than girls as teenagers! Elodie is doing really well, she's been out of nappies awake for over a month now. She's very chatty, I've taught her a new verse to 'The wheels on the bus', "The daddies on the bus go moan, moan, moan". I thought it was fitting! Are you going to Greece for a couple of months or a couple of weeks? Either way it will be lovely. My brother has just come back from Mykonos, prob a typo. You are lucky, it's such a beautiful place. 

Blue- Your pregnancy is going so quickly! Sounds as if Harper will be your little helper when he's born :) My sister did that with the bitting thing too and he never did it again! 

Millie- Is it a bit easier now that the schools have started again?! I imagine it most be hard to discipline Lucie with the slapping when she's being so cute with it. 

Elodie has suddenly decided she does like Broccoli after all, she's been eating sprigs as if they're biscuits! Soo very pleased with that. 
  • Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Aug 16, 2019 10:39AM
    I asked Harper this morning for a cuddle before her dad took her to nursery, she said "No mummy, bye!" So I pretended to cry, she ran over and gave me a hug and said "you want a kiss?" So she gave me one. Hubby said to her "what's wrong with mummy?"

She turned around and said "she's ok, just whinging" 🤣

• Oh what a summer it has been! We've had such a good time but for us we have been working all through it as well, crawling towards our holiday.. We leave today for 3 weeks in Corsica, our last big non term time (cheaper) holiday :) Hope everyone is well and had a good summer too. 
    Oh and Blue, we should all record the funny things the kids say. Elodie said to me a couple of weeks back, pointing at my sanitary towels; "Mummy's knickers"..
  • Have a good holiday! 

She did the same to me on Saturday, we bundled into the toilet in M&S, she took one look at my liner and shouted "Mummy, you got nappy on?" 🤐
    Last night I told her not to climb on her chair, she said "No mummy not talk to me"
    This morning I got a text from hubby as he does the nursery run. Apparently she said to him "You don't do hair, nursery do it!" 😂

12 weeks to go until the sleep/eat/repeat newborn routine kicks in 🤔
  • We're back! We had such a brilliant time in Corsica. Beaches, mountains, beautiful weather, the place where we stayed was right on the beach. Elodie grew in confidence whilst we were there. At first every time we would take her in the sea she would say "shall we get out?" Then it was "Let me swim by myself" . The journey back however was torturous. It took 2 days but the first leg consisted of a 13 hour ferry journey , this was easy peasy, the 12 hour car journey not so. We thought day one would take 6 hours but we had to take a detour through the mountains and then when we were 30m away from our hotel, the motorway was closed so we had to take another epic detour. 2 stops in 12 hours.. Elodie was amazing, I however had a migraine and was a quivering wreck! To top it off I came on early. I can tell you lot as I don't have to look you in the face.. I only had one emergency sanitary towel and in France on Sunday the supermarkets are closed... So I had to stuff my pants with toilet tissue until we stopped at a service station. Unbelievably they didn't sell any sanitary products and I was on too heavy for just tissue so I had to use one of Elodie's nappies... Elodie does sometimes call my sanitary towels " mummy's  nappies" but this time when she said at the top of her voice "mummy's putting on her nappy" I really was.. The shame! Luckily I doubt the French would have understood her as she followed this up with "blood, blood, blood!" Back to reality with a bump, it has rained everyday since we've come home :( 

Hope everyone else is doing well, not long to go Blue! Please let me know your own embarrassing stories to make me feel better about mine! 
  • That is an amazing use of resources 😂😂😂 

I have somewhere between 9 and 11 weeks left to go. I'm pretty sure they won't let me go over as they are already saying he is measuring big. Got a scan at 36 weeks so I guess they will make a decision based on what they expect he will be. Midwife said another 8 pounder most likely...I'm just hoping that this birth goes quicker and than the last which was 40 hours with forceps and episiotomy 😬 also have to have the glucose test next week so I'm not looking forward to that! 

Harper is doing great, lots of talking, questions and attitude! I don't even know how I get into it, but she will actually argue about doing something! She helps unload the dishwasher and asked for a scooter from santa...growing up too quickly! 

• your comme
  • Hi ladies! I’m brand new to MFM but wondering if I can join you? I have a May 2017 baby. He’s poorly today which is a shame but usually is an absolute whirlwind. I love him so much. His name is Archie.
  • Hi Susan! Sorry for not replying, you know how it is with a toddler. 😩

How are we all doing with tantrums? Harper has been a complete and utter arsehole all week, not even exaggerating. She's dropped to 3 days a week at nursery since I'm 34 weeks now and thought it might be nice for us to spend a bit more time together just us before the baby comes. I was wrong. It's also fallen on the same where she has changed to the preschool room at nursery. One of them have set her off with the change of routine but jebus im at the end of my tether with her just not listening and straight up ignoring me. Hubby will ask her the same question and get a response. 

Right now the new born 3 hour eat , sleep repeat routine  we are heading towards seems much more welcoming. 

Please tell me it's not just us? Lol
  • Hi all, 

Welcome Susan, again like Blue, sorry fo replying late! What date was Archie born? 

Oh Blue, toddlers can be trying! So much for relaxing in the last stages of your pregnancy! I guess it's just the terrible twos.. I'm really lucky with Elodie, the only thing she does or did to upset me was call my friend mummy! A couple of weeks ago she just started calling her mummy and insisted Anna take her to the loo not me. It hurt more than it should but it seems to have stopped now... So just a phase and I hope it will be the same for Harper. 
  • It's a phase that comes and goes, so it seems. This week she is very much Daddy's girl still. She doesn't want to know me while he is around 😂 she was fine with me on Monday when it was just us, we went for a walk around the shops and to get a gingerbread man. Come dinner time when hubby was back, I was out of the picture lol
  • Hi back! Archie was born May 27th, 2017. He was a bit early at 37+4 and induced because I had undiagnosed GD, weighed 9lb 13oz at birth 😳

I have an older son too who’ll be 5 on December 8th.

Archie is a bit slower to develop than his brother- he didn’t walk until nearly 2 and his speech is awful (in fact I think he’s getting a bit lazy and not pronouncing stuff properly- I must self refer us to speech therapy!) but he is just so adorable, funny and cuddly and I just love him so much.

In terms of tantrums, I have no advice!! My first boy literally never had a tantrum. Archie is another story 🤣 and I mainly just try to distract him, but he is a thrasher and makes it very difficult if I need to pick him up- he arches his back and puts his arms up in the air so it’s like trying to pick up an eel!
  • Hello everyone. If you're getting in the Halloween spirit and fancy sharing a pic of your pumpkin or your child dressed up, we're giving away a lovely book bundle on this thread here. We'd love to see your pics, so please do come and share them.  
  • Hello mamas!

Sorry it’s been so long since I have been on. Between my new job, two diva daughters and finallyyyyy a house move!! My life is a whirlwind just now. Just hoping to be in and settled by Christmas.

welcome along to the crazy chat Susan! 

How’s all the pregnancies coming along?

any Santa requests from the wee ones? 

Natalie
  • Hi guys!
    Hope you are well!! Blue almost your month hun 😀😀
    We are still in Greece since end of August. Weather is brilliant and both Stephen and Rosie are enjoying the warm sunny days. However today is pouring down rain ☔
    We are back home in a couple of weeks and from what I've heard winter is already in Scotland.
  • I know, I'm bricking it! There's some confusion over my dates which is making it worse lol I'm pretty sure I'm around 37 weeks, but the NHS are adamant I'm only 35 but in the next breath are saying I'm measuring a week bigger for my dates 🙄 

They've got me down as being due 30th November based on dating scan. However going by LMP, my own dates (since I was there for the conception) and the online NHS calculator that puts me at 16th November lmao so who knows!? 

Harper is finally taking to toilet training. Except she's dry all day at nursery and then is distracted at home so forgets and suddenly shouts "my done a wee" as it's running across the kitchen floor. Better than nothing though I guess! 

It's dress up day at nursery for Halloween. She is a "Punkitt" apparently!

• Navi Greek sound lovely, I can confirm Scotland is already pretty Baltic! I’ve been scrapping car since last week. No autumn here lol.

Oh I suppose time will tell blue, as we know they come when they like anyway haha! Are you all prepped? Things never seem as prepped for baby 2, well it didn’t in my house lol!

Nx