Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Happy birthday for tomorrow Jacob ❤️ Xx

• Options

Aww thank you. He's fast asleep now, wish I was. Xxx

• Options

imageimageElodie had a great day yesterday on her birthday. I made a birthday cake which went a bit wrong but it tasted good, never been great with presentation! The new bike was a hit but she also had fun with eating dirt and playing with paper plates. 

• Options

This is the one we have Natalie but I'm sure any brand would do as long as it has the highest UVA and UVB ratings x

• Options

P.s- Lovely photos everyone!

• Options

Jacob had a fantastic birthday yesterday, he ate plenty of sand (yuk) but enjoyed himself, refused to keep his sun hat on and was full of beans, think he loved being centre of attention. My friend made his lovely birthday cake and the sun was shining what more could we ask for. 

Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend. Xximageimageimage

• Options

It's amazing to hear from everyone and see your babies (toddlers?). 
    Please do pop me a PM with your full name and address so we can drop your toddler gift in the post. 

• Options

Hi everyone, we really hope you and your babies are doing well? Do come and let us know how you're all doing, we'd love to hear from you. 

Lots happening on the forum at the mo. 
    We have two sponsored discussions; tell Nurofen how to cheer up poorly children, and you could win a £200 Amazon voucher. 
    Another £200 voucher up for grabs by telling English Heritage which of their day trips would be your fave. Just select Talk To Us from the the dropdown menu, and the threads are there (see pic below).

Also, if you've not checked out our Instagram page, we're giving away a Peg-Perego Viaggio 2-3 Flex car seat, worth £180. 

• Options

imageimageimage

Lucie is 1 today 💖

I’m sure she has some fellow forum birthday pals today so happy birthday! 

Once Millie has done her homework we are going out in the paddling pool 💦☀️

X

• Options

Happy birthday to Lucie! Love all of us at MFM x

• Options

image Someone had a lovely day!

Thanks danielle and the team xx

• Options

Happy birthday Lucie!!

I think is Harper's birthday as well, right?? Happy birthday!!!

• Options

It is, Thank you! It's been mental today, only just sat down. We had her birthday party on Sunday, as usual all the family round. She loved it. I don't think she could believe all the people she knows we're all together in the same place at the same time! We're off all week so we've been out and about. Fed the ducks, been out for a meal etc. We've also finally sorted her bedroom out, so she will be going in that towards the end of June I think. 

We finally had first steps at her birthday party too! Just 4 of them, but it's a start. She's been running around (won't let go of our hands) this afternoon after my mum's dogs. She thought it was fantastic and was giggling the whole time. 

As you can see, she loved the ride on car we got her! image

I can't believe how fast this year has gone! Happy birthday Lucie! She looks so grown up! 

Hope you are all ok :-)

• Options

Sorry for thetdouble post, i was knackered last night and brain wasn't working!!

Thanks for the book, Danielle! She loves books, we haven't tried a peek through one, but she loves lifting flaps so this should be somewhat the same. We have a shelf full of her books in the living room, if she catches sight of it in the day she points and shouts "ook". Talking about pointing, she's started pointing and doing the whole "pick me up" hand thing if she sees one of her Bottles. Is everyone still doing milk? I tried her with normal milk last week but she didn't seem to like it. We are still on 1 bottle first thing and 1 before bed. I think she would be fine on just the last bottle before bed, but it sort of gives us time in the morning to get ourselves that, specially before work. 

How are the little ones sleeping now? Harper has gone back to sleeping through (thank god). She's constantly rolling onto her front which still scares the life out of me, but she seems more comfy. 

How are they all doing with food? Harper is getting on well but I'm still struggling to get her to eat stuff that I've made from scratch. I'm not even joking when I say she had a cream cracker, a fish finger and a breadstick for dinner on Monday 🤣 I see Lucie sat there tucking into a plate of food, Harper upturns any plate that has the misfortune of being on the high chair or drops food for the dog. Really annoying. I'm trying her with everything we have because I'm fed up of jars. With 13 teeth she is perfectly capable of eating most things, but unless it's brown she's not really bothered! 

• Options

Aww hope Lucie had a lovely birthda, was my eldest 7th birthday the same day. 

Danielle, thank you so much for Jacobs book, he absolutely loves books and this one is perfect for him. imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Hi everyone!

well they say lightening doesn’t strike the same place twice... but my mums house got broken into again last night and my car stolen! It happened in a matter of 15 mins as my brother went to his car and left the back door unlocked and when he returned my car was gone from driveway and the neighbours walls smashed 🙈 the police phoned a few hours ago to say they have found it due to pulling over a drunk driver over an hour away, the reg plates were changed and they couldn’t tell me about damage 🙄 I’m more annoyed cos Lucies egg pram and the girls two new car seats were in the car. So annoying!! There is chat it’s the same people who did it last time which is more annoying. 

Lucie is a fab eater but don’t be fooled by the plate. More often than not the plate gets tossed, she mostly just eats off the high chair. Some of Lucies favourites are Macaroni cheese, potato waffles / smiley faces, beans, spaghetti, pasta of any kind, savoury muffins, omelettes, quiche, wee link sausages with mash and all the veg. Have you tried baby led weaning sites or books? They have fab ideas. But then Lucie is far from fussy 😂 

happy birthday to all the little and big ones! 

thank you for lucies book she loves he different textures! 

Many more steps from harper?

lucie has been sleeping through for around a week (except last night coz of police in the house etc) but I’m hoping tonight is back to normal. We went to beach yesterday cos it was lovely here and she sat in the sea and splashed rather than paddle in it lol. They had a great time and lucie is a bit pink even after religiously applying the factor 50! So now I dread going on holiday incase of burning.

we almost have some more teeth! Still 2 but the bottom sides and full top is blistered and teeth visable so can’t be long and then I think she will have a full set in space of a week 😂

hope your all well

xx

• Options

Well Georgia can now pull up right onto her feet after few weeks of being able to get onto knees. Also have little bit of cruising. How long after cruising started was it till the walkers walked. I'm thinking 2-3 months as that's how it was from when Georgia started crawling backwards till she went forwards. That's my theory that it will be similar with cruising and walking 

• Options

Nope, no further steps. She's getting everywhere (slowly) on her Bum. Her problem is she doesn't want to let go of anything because she can go up and down the length of the sofa now. She has to be holding on to something lol

We have a new game though; "this,that". It involves her pointing or holding something up and saying either "dis" or "dat". Much to the amusement of the other shoppers in Aldi on Saturday morning 🤣

Natalie, I'm guessing you don't have CCTV ? We had our old car broken into once and ever since we've had a camera up. Does anyone else have that kind of trouble around near you or is it possibly targeted? Either way really sorry to hear that. 

Regarding food, we have had our first "jar free" day. She's eaten everything we've had! Last night my parents watched her while we went out for cinema and wedding anniversary meal. Around 6pm I text to make sure everything was ok and I got a picture back of her chomping away on pizza while watching football! 

• Options

Hi girls!!

Natalie, I'm very very sorry to hear that..it must be awful going through this. Thanks God you are all ok!

Danielle many thanks for the book!! It's amazing and such a nice present!

Blue, Stephen is a good eater and he has a good variety of foods. Our problem is that I still mash everything up. They have big chunks but it seems like the food for a 8 month old and not for a 1y old toddler. Not entirely his fault as I was always afraid of choking..

I'm now preparing his baptism which i should have already done but anyway...

Kazaone it was less than a month for Stephen between cruising and walking. 

Have a nice week everyone!!

• Options

So glad the books have arrived, and so lovely to read your updates, though MilliesMummyx, we are so sorry to hear about what's happening in your world - that's so awful. Dare we ask, what kind of state your car was in?