Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Hey ladies hope your all well sorry havent been on lately been a death in the family and had to move house so not been a good month how are all your little ones doing hope they are all doing well mine are fab thank you. my lb,lg and oh have all had the dreaded sickness bug ew thought i have had it too but lasted days now just got nausea and few stomach cramps thought I was af but because of thr nausea thought I would do a test just to be safe what do you ladies think I'm not too sure ? I'm starting to panic abit definitely not expected. image

• Looks fairly conclusive to me...I did those tests before I had Harper and I know they are fairly accurate. Er...is it congratulations? Lol have you tried the clear blue ones?

I had a similar worry this week, 8 days late, I even called the doctors to find out if I should go in because I kept get negatives. Had to explain to the doctor (male) about periods, potential for broken condoms etc. He said wait it out for 6 weeks...I came on the next morning thankfully! Even hubby was starting to worry and that's saying something lol maybe next year. 

• Hi ladies!

Nay, i can see a wee line there forming, congrats!!?? i was also using these cheapie amazon tests and were pretty accurate and sensitive i'd say. 

Blue, i guess it was not your time just yet..but why so many days late? are you irregular?

Leaving tomorrow for 3w holidays!! Totally not ready yet and so stressed with Stephen screaming around in both flights, but it is what it is...

have a lovely weekend xx

• No idea Navi! I've been regular like clockwork since having Harper, even to extent of knowing it normally happens around 10am lol that's what really had me going. 

Harper was great on the flights we took, we completely f*cked up and didn't take toys or snacks, she slept half the way and munched some mini cheddars. Also played peek a boo with the passengers behind through the seats. image 

after 2 hours of this though, I was ready to get off that plane!!

• thank you for your replies ladies will do another one in the morning to see for sure in shock really as just thought it was the sickness bug thing i never got sickness really with my other too just seems so different. if this I'd positive this would make it 3 kids under 4 for me at due date so I'm panicking as was hoping for at least few years before we even considered another baby. 

aw Harper looks so adorable in that photo, blue are you trying for another ?  navi bet you can't wait for your holiday. 

• That was before she weighed around so much that she caused my purse to fall out of my pocket (unbeknownst to me) at get left on the plane... Thankfully I got it back and only has to call my main card, driving licence s are expensive to replace! 

Not so much trying, more not being careful with condoms. I was on the pill for about 2 months after having Harper but i didn't like the mood swings it bought on so stopped taking it. I'd had a bad experience of the depo shot so just ruled everything out this time. 

Harper is going in her own room in two weeks. We've got the week off anyway so it's not much consequence of she plays up for the first few nights. I don't really want her to but I know she has to :-( she's slept really well in her travel cot for the last two weeks. Straight 10 hours most nights. Her being able to find her own dummy instead of me crawling on the floor underneath the cot at 3am is also a plus. 

• Note to self, always read before posting. I was, in fairness, trying to entertain a 1 year old at the time of posting lol

• Oh... yeah kids just love hiding things witgout us knowing, that's good you got your purse back. 

ahh ok pretty much the same as ne with the whole not trying but not using so much either. normally takes me ages to fall though 2 years with first and just over year with second lol defiantly slot quicker this time What's surprising considering my health hasent been to great but they say it always happens when least expect it.

i put my first in her own room the same kind of age luckily  it made her sleep better always slept through 12 hours since I think I was really lucky my lb though hes so clingy so I think hes going to Be harder to put him in his own room. That's good about the 10 hour sleeping my lb still wake up for a feed in early hours !

• Hi everyone, we hope you’re surviving the heat and all is well. 

We were wondering, can you help with this thread? A mum of a 6 month old has a few events coming up, and she’ll be leaving her baby with family, and hopefully overnight too. Any tips for how to prepare her baby to be babysat? 

• Yay proud mummy here Georgia took her first 2 tinny steps this morning at granny and granddad with my self and hubby there too before we left for work. She was standing looking excited when I called he to me and instead of just going down and crawling over she steadied heself and took 2 little steps before going down and crawling. Be walking soon = trouble

• Well done Georgia!!! Get ready for a lot of chasing now kazaone!!

• Whoop! Congratulations 😄 Between the hours of 4pm and 6pm (when hubby takes over while I make dinner) I can usually be found running up and down my living room chasing after a small person. She doesn't walk more than a couple of steps but runs up and down our sofas giggling like a fool lol she thinks it's really funny to do it one handed, possibly because I run raster after her 🤣

• Bless them they are funny and get so excited and it's so nice when u are there the first time. I was just expecting her to crawl to me like usual but was so nice that she didn't and tried something new. Nursery today in laws again tonight then nursery tomo. Pick her from nursery and prob will have taken a few more. When she was learning to crawl she had been going backwards for ages picked her up from nursery one day and they said she had been doing loads of crawling as in forwards no more going backwards. Guess prob be same with walking especially all those other little people walking around her prob make her wanna do it more

• You'd think that seeing the others do it would make her do it, Harper has been full time since Christmas (7 -3:30) and couldn't care less what others are doing lol she's learnt she can get people to do it for her I guess haha

• Hi all, everyone sounds as if they are really busy. Congratulations on the pregnancy(ies)! Elodie has been walking properly for about a week now but no big oh my god she's walking moment as it has been very gradual. She took two steps by herself at the end of May and has graduated to 3,4,5 etc and running with her trolley. Running before she can walk, there's a saying there. 

Need a bit of advice; how do I stop bf?! She is still sleeping in our room , we just don't have the time to sort out her room for her to move into. We need to arrange a fork lift to get the sofa bed out of her room to put her cot in.. i tried to stop feeding her in the night that didn't go well.. difficult to stop feeding her in this heatwave. How did everyone else do it? 

H x

• image Oh now she can walk she has a new game of taking the toilet rolls and stacking them on the chair. Just need to watch she doesn't put them down the loo.. yesterday she put one in the dog's water bowl..

• Lmao at the toilet rolls. Harper likes to bite the middles as I think she has seen the Dog stealing and destroying them.

We keep getting gradual steps but I really wish she would just do it now. She's started walking really well with holding just one of my hands but I still think we've got another few weeks yet.

SHE IS INTO EVERYTHING! Her favourite thing to drag herself to is the stairs, or "dairs" as she likes to point out lol because she isn't crawling or walking we can generally stop her before she gets anywhere near them but it's fair game if she is cruising around the furniture because like Elodie, she loves to run (alas while holding on) before walking lol gates need to go up this weekend, much to the poor Dog's disgust I should think. 

So glad to hear we aren't the only ones still sharing a room. We have plans for her to go in her own room in two weeks, but I don't think I want her to really 🤐

• Sorry to have been MIA I had so much prep to do for the interview and it’s sxhool holidays in Scotland so life has been hectic! Unfortunately I didn’t get the job but the feedback was brilliant and I left feeling confident af being a nervous wreck. I almost convinced myself I would get it but I’m runner up should the chosen candidate not meet reference requirments etc. My lead nurse is going to meet me and so formal feedback and set up a plan to get my what I need to get the next one so fingers crossed it was all worth it lol.

hows mums and babies? Seems like lots been going on! Well done new walkers!

With Lucie, her sleeping is back to being disturbed. we are mid leap so hoping it’s that but to be honest I just think she’s a terrible sleeper lol. As for speech, she can say lots of words but not really anything new. She’s been static at same words for a long time. It’s hard because Millie was at nursery from 7/8m so she came on quickly but it’s my mum who has Lucie and I’m worried she’s maybe not doing enough to stimulate her. But then it’s a hard one to bring up as she’s doing my childcare free and we live here just now 🙈 I’m going to look at nursery even a day or two a week because Im Starting to get the impression my mum can’t be bothered, not that she has said anything.... 

Im sure I seen another pregnancy announcement, congrats! I’m stopping at 2 I love my girls but I’m not one of those ‘natural’ mums who gets it easily. It’s hard work lol!

natalie x

• I know where you're coming from when you say about your mum, Natalie. My Nan watches Harper for 1 day a week (she's at nursery the other 4 from 7 to 15:30). She gives into her every whim so when I get home on a Tuesday afternoon, she is wound up like a spring and won't accept it when I tell her she can't do something or that I'm not picking her up. It usually results in us both having a Tantrum. But it saves £120 off our already £840 childcare bill so I am often conflicted. 

She had a slightly unsettled night last night but has been fine since being in a travel cot. Why does it always happen when you think "sod it, I will stay up and watch and extra hour of Netflix"? I've been bingeing on Poldark! how I've managed to ignore Aiden Turner this long I do not know 😜

As far as words go, she stopped saying "Hiya" for a while but has started again this week but mainly to the Dog lol she will sing along to Go Jetters (go go go go go go) whilst dancing and she likes to play "Ta". I don't really like her saying "Ta" instead of thanks but it's better than nothing I guess. She's walking loads better this week too. We've finally progressed to just needing to hold one hand so I don't think it will be long .

imageDo they all love boxes? 

• Hi there girls!

We've been in Greece for a week and we spend 3 days in the hospital. Stephen had another febrile convulsion but it was a milder one. Very scary again but we managed to remain calm. 

We got admited to the hospital and we got all tests and some antibiotics. Doctors were concerned as usually febrile convulsions happen the first 2 days of the fever and not the 4th. All was good thank God and we were released yesterday.

Hope we enjoy the rest of our holidays. Also I was happy to be here cos we got a referal for an eeg to exclude epilepsy. Back in Scotland they told me not to even take him to the hospital if second episode happens. 

Just happy everything looks fine!