Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

That's my problem too Nay, don't want to be forking out silly money when I know Jacob wont be in it that long but cant justify the price for the really nice ones. 

Pregnancy going well in terms of baby, in terms of my sanity, not so well. Hubby promised weeks and weeks ago to make an appointment with gp about the snip, has he done it, nope. I feel emotional tonight as the realisation has hit me that no matter what is stopping him, I'm not enough to put first in this instance. I've been through 7 (including this one) pregnancies, have 4 babies, 1 angel baby born sleeping and 1 miscarrimage, they include, 2 emergency sections, 3 natural deliveries and a planned section with this one. Both my sisters were sterilised and both suffered increased bleeding during periods, severe pain every day and within a year had to have hysterectomie. This has really terrified me to be sterilised seeing my sisters go through this. He knows all this and yet still thinks it's perfectly ok for me to put myself through more torment and be sterilised. I seriously don't know what is wrong with him. I have an antenatal appointment next Friday with my haematology midwife so will have a chat with her. Sorry for the rant. 

Hope you feel soon Hun, man flu is bad xxx

• Options

the baby's boxes aren't where we are either they had a trial run but then got cancelled not sure why. 

Oh shame about the promotion but at least it wasent you it was just becausethey where more qualified. You'll so get one sometimes they waiting brings out the better jobs

blue i havent had one hear you can have one until your 25 regardless of how many babies. so this time i have to have one after birth as will fall into that age group now. 

Sonny have you tried the pill or coil ? I think men think it's all down to the women my partners the same I said this time I'll be straight on the pill after defo the last one for me 

• Options

Hi all, feels like it has been a long time since I've been on here. Sounds as if you all have been mega busy. 

Sonny - so sorry to hear about all you've been through. Don't apologise for the rant, that's what we are here for :) I agree with you, your husband should be more supportive. Threaten no sex until he gets the snip?! 

Blue - I had a smear 2 weeks ago, it was very painful, I grabbed my doctors hand, bit embarrassing.. He said it shouldn't hurt that much and prescribed some cream for two months. I'm not having periods so that doesn't help. I wouldn't worry about being asked about the scar as lots of women have trouble healing. I'm sure it's just a routine question and if you feel fine down there then not a problem. 

Elodie is into everything, today she was plunging her hands in the mop bucket as I was cleaning the floor and 'cleaning' the glass door.. Then she helpfully emptied the dogs water bowl over herself. Her favourite thing at the moment is the bin, emptying it all over the floor and she loves to climb up the step and out the door at every opportunity and runs off giggling! She is suffering at the moment poor thing, she only has 6 teeth but has lots coming through at the same time so is constantly chewing on her fingers and isn't sleeping well at all. She wakes up in the night and refuses to stay in her cot, just screams until I pick her and put in bed with us which is unlike her. 

• Options

Complete opposite here, I'm the one pushing to go back on the pill but hubby is against it because of how it and the injection messed me up for so long! I tried rigvigoden (something like that) about 6 weeks pp but it seemed to bring back the baby blues and made my hair go thin so I stopped it. I was reading up on it this week (I asked the nurse too when I saw her) and I just can't be bothered with it. With the moods and having to remember to take it so we're just sticking with condoms here, as fun ruining as they may be 😆

Yeah it is 25 I think, I turned 28 last month so this was my second. Less awkward this time around but it really is true that once you've had a child, you pick your pride up on the way out lol 

• Options

I was one of the ‘lucky’ ones in Scotland who was of age at 20 to start smears. After Millie I needed 3 monthly smears and cystoscopies due to changes and then required diathermy treatment. I was due a smear at A year PP and still havent been! Worst nurse ever but everyte it’s been booked I’ve been bleeding heavily and they can’t do it. It’s booked again for next week. I think Scotland’s age is up to 25 now too. But at 29 I’ve had more than I care to count lol!

as for contraception we are pill and condoms here because again, won’t go for snip! We are both still young so I think we have that What if clanger tbh.

• Options

Hi girls!!

So happy to see the new pregnancies! 

Sonnyroz we are all at your side! Your husband needs to take care of that. He's acting so selfish in the matter.

Stephen got tonsilitis and had another febrile convulsion. My stress and anxiety are through the roof. Can't deal with these horrible fits any more but not much I can do.

I've had numerous smear tests as in Greece we have them every year after 18. I'm due another one here in October. 

Stephen apart from the horrific fits he's doing great! Full time in nursery now! He's so grown up that I can't believe it!!! A wee boy and not a baby anymore..

Thinking for another baby now but I keep changing my mind!

Navi xx

• Options

Thanks ladies. I cant take the pill due to my blood clotting disorder so that rules that out and I don't like the cool. Ive already threatened no sex and even told him i will get cheesewire and cut it off myself 🙈. Oh won't use condoms and we are both older and are both in agreement, 5 is more than enough and we don't want anymore. I don't think my body would cope physically with another one.

Smears, I've had them lots and was actually due in October this year for my next one. Obviously that will have to be put back a few months now. Years ago they use to be worse as they had  to scrape the cervix and that feeling use to make me sick, then they brought out the liquid one which is much better. I must admit I do hate going for them, it's just the thought of them then the worry of waiting for the results, but I've never ever missed one, especially as my sister and one of my nieces have both had treatment for pre cancerous cells. It's a shame they can't find some other way of checking. Men really do have it easy don't they!

Hope you get the feedback from the interview Hun but at least you went for it and tried xx

• Options

Hi all,

Had a lovely weekend, we went to live music outside on sat and then went for a meal. Elodie always wants to eat my food, I think you lot can relate to that! Anyway she surprised us both by eating my mussels, had to move her away in the end and distract her with the shells. What is the most unusual food your children have eaten? 

imageimageimage

Navi - Poor Stephen and you, must be awful for you seeing him fit. Good that he is otherwise healthy and happy. 

Sonny - What is a liquid smear?? 

• Options

Wow, Not sure I would even try mussels to be honest! Lol

Harper likes to dip everything in sauce. Ketchup, BBQ, sweet chilli, mayo...I even put her some gravy in a ramekin and she dipped her roast potatoes in from her roast dinner. Everything else went on the floor because she suddenly has a hatred for green things again, but happilly eats everything at nursery.

Have yours all started feeding you and their toys? She started pretending to feed "Beebee duce" ( Baby, Juice) to her doll lol it was too cute but then there was squash everywhere...pros and cons lol 

Fully pulling up to standing, running between items of furniture and the occasional standing there, where has my baby gone? Lol I don't have enough eyes to watch her! 

This was her first mcdonalds happy meal, it was cheaper for her to waste 3/4 of her food instead of buy separate things I knew she would eat! image

• Options

Thanks Navi. Hows Stephen now? It must be so scary watching them have a convulsio, big hugs. Go for it, have another baby haha, join the club again. 

Mussels? I don't do seafood at all, what an adventurous little lady she is. Jacob tends to eat all sorts really. 

Yes Jacob tries to feed us all things, quite cute and funny haha.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

• Options

Yeah love running after Georgia now that little laugh when she runs away. And yes last few weeks she has been feeding us before taking bite herself very cute. She getting so much into things now teletubbies and Bing she loves. Where have our babies gone? She my own curly goldie locks at the mo so curly not sure what going to do with her hair. 

• Options

Kazaone, does she sit there saying "uh oh" when tellytubbies is on? Mine drives me crazy lol she also likes to kiss the baby in the sun when she's at my nans as she can reach the screen, our TV is on the wall thankfully, which means no sticky marks in the corner of it! Also "Go go go" with go Jetters and "wuff" for waffle 😂 got to love cbeebie...right? Lol

• Options

Nope not really talking yet either sits or stands there looking at screan and gets all excited with her legs and arms and laughs. Also been playing pat a cake which she will look at and as soon as the characters clap she will copy. Often looks at us and smiles and gets all excited as she doea it. So cutel

• Options

When had yearly check at bout 14 months they said wanted to see her in a month as was coming up as delayed even going by what she should be doing at slightly earlier age as was preemie but also spent almost month in hospital so guess that could effect development too. Can't been too worried though not even heard anything bout seeing them again and it's been 3 months now. I'm not worried really maybe slight delay but she was working so hard on walking too which one cousins didn't do till 18 months 

• Options

Thanks Hannah and Sonny, appreciate it. Its very hard on us seeing him fit and I'm not coping very well anymore. He's full time in nursery and he's ill again with a virus. Just checking my phone every five mins in case i get a call. 

Navi xx

• Options

Ah Navi poor boy hope he's better soon xxx

• Options

Aww Navi bless him and bless you too. I'm dreading the weather turning as Jacob suffered badly all last winter with bronchiolitis and hoping he doesn't this year. Hate seeing them poorly xx

• Options

Elodie must get it from her dad, I was a fussy eater until I was about 24! The only thing she doesn't like is ratatouille. And she does try and feed us but normally the dregs..

Navi- Poor Stephen. How's he doing now?

• Options

Good morning,

Hannah he's much better now, thanks. No fever and he's in a good mood. we are patiently waiting now a neurological referal to make sure there is no epilepsy. 

Regarding food Stephen is a great eater! Our diet is strictly Mediterranean and he gets lots of fish, legumes and veggies. i prepare his food and he now gets what we get. in the nursery he gets the chance to try things that I never cool, suck as curries! Hope he continuous eating well!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been a hard month for us. 

• Options

Glad he's much better now Navi. Keep us posted on how he goes on. Xx