Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 2

Replies

• That's horrid Kayleigh! Poor you. They shouldn't be allowed to behave like that. Can you put a complaint in? Do you get sick pay? Have you considered having a week off to try and build yourself back up and rest?

• I feel physically and mentally exhausted Louise and I just dont know where I go from here obv I cnt start uni until march so what do I do til then I cnt beard to be here another 6 months miserable 

• You need to speak to your boss. Otherwise just go off work with stress. 

• I spoke to my ward matron tonight who moved me to the female ward but I've got to wait til Fri to find out what is actually happening to me. I cnt be out of work because of finances and the boys but I don't want to be miserable for the next 6 months either obv 

• Kayleigh it sounds like bullying and in my experience if you say that they have to help you. No one should be made to feeel like that at work or home or school. Like louise said if you have a good sick pay scheme go to speak to your gp and get them to sign you off... at least you can use that aswell to get moved x I hope your ok you seem really down lately maybe you just need some you time x

• Aww Kayleigh that's just horrendous. I once worked in an office and didn't like a girl but just kept out her way etc. She was disciplined for poor work and to try get out of it said I bullied her. I was a wreck, I had to keep a note book of any interaction we had. It came to a head one night when we were both suppose to be last in. I said to my TL, he either had to stay and supervise or I'd just owe them time. I was so stressed I ended up with shingles. My doc couldn't beleive someone fit and healthy at 23 had shingles. Its the sickest Ive ever been, I was in horrendous pain and still have nerve damage. When I was off sick she job a new job but it's made me so wary of people and dreaded every day. 

Hopefully your matron can do something but a week or two off sick could probably help. 

• Definitely take some time off. The doctor will sign you off with stress straight away. 

• Dr will def sign you off Kayleigh, take some time out and concerntrate on you?

Had a really rubbish day, my friends sister died this morning. lady I work with sons friend took an overdose and is in critical care. I did my first solo day at work 😬 to top it off oh had a car accident this morning and our car has been written off. Luckily no one was hurt x

• Omg bincey what an awful day x bless You xx hope your oh is ok x

• God bincey I'm sorry to hear that glad your oh is okay tho xxx

I spoke to my manager this morning before I left and she basically said that if I'm not happy I can move to another ward. It's difficult because if I move I may have to come off nights which I do for childcare situation and also finances atm and I haven't done anything wrong so I don't feel like I should be pushed out my job 

• How's everyone today? Charlie is now toddling everywhere 

• Joseph is exactly the same, he looks so little to be toddling around. Have my parents down for the weekend but work has completely worn me out this week. Hope everyone is ok x

• Charlie is pulling up but can’t stand yet. Just been to Aldi and bought some cheap peach schnapps. Feel a bit merry 😃

• He's Getting tho Louise you'll be chasing him in no time lol.

Sorry to hear that bincey hopefully the workload will get easier as you settle in during the next few weeks. 

Louise that sounds like the way forward I cnt remember the last time I was merry haha 😂 althoufh it wouldn't take much these days. 

I'm back at work tonight and I'm Dreading it my anxiety is through the roof I'm not dping to well atm :/

• Yeah Ollie is trying to run too now it’s soo funny hes currently eating apple watching boss baby he absolutely loves it (both the apple and the film) we just gave him a walkers crisps and he screamed Think he forgot to chew it and it’s scratched his throat I felt awful. 

he Stayed at my mums last night and me and hubby went out had slightly too much alcohol but a lot of fun. Mum brought him back to me early saying she thinks he missed but he was really good and he cuddled me for about 5 mins it was super sweet. He’s got all four first molars now I can’t believe how many teeth he has they look massive 

• Hope work is better Kayleigh. It’s bad enough having to go to work without dreading it because of your colleagues. 

Glad you had a good night out Lillian. It is so nice to feel wanted by them at the moment isn’t it? Charlie always cries if someone takes him off me but it’s so nice to feel wanted 

• Yeah it is bless them x just makes me feel bad he’s ganna be full time at nursery but to be fair he loves it there 

• I bet he really enjoys it. Charlie really enjoys the baby groups we go to. Do you start this week or next week?

• Charlie loves apples as well he's got another couple of teeth coming through atm so he's unsettled particularly at bedtime the last few weeks have been very difficult trying to get him to settle. 

I'm Dreading seeing people tonight I just feel like a bag of nerves I really wish I had gone to uni in September like I originally planned I know March isn't miles away but it seems it 

• What is their problem kayleigh? Why have they suddenly started being unkind?