Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Napping advice for a 12 month old!

Hello everyone! 

Im after some advice on napping!

Mia has always had two naps in the day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. She is waking up around 6-7am (anytime inbetween) but then ready for a nap between 8.30-9am and will sleep for 2 hours sometimes more. 

She would then have another nap around 2pm, again for a good hour or so before bed at 7pm.

The last few days she won’t have her afternoon nap, which is fine - but she’s knackered and horrid by 5pm which is too late for a nap and too early for bed. 

So - do I not do the morning nap and just try an afternoon nap? She’s always so tired by 9am which sounds silly but it’s difficult to know what to do for the best! 😩

Replies

• I would deffo try switching up the naps. 

So i would limit the morning nap to an hour max (open the curtains in her room to allow light in and wake her up), and then still put her down for her afternoon nap, but again try and limit to an hour, 90 mins max. 

She deffo needs some kind of nap in the afternoon, cause she's getting cranky... try one thing at a time first, see if this might work.