Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2017 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

Thank you Danilelle. I have introduced myself in the August 2019 group but I think my post got lost among a chat about the dreaded morning  sickness so I will try again when I have something to say 🤣

• Options

You're way ahead of me ThuperRah x

• Options

eeekk congrats thuperrah think im going to be august to but back end around 20th got midwife appointment wednesday 

hope everyone had a lovely christmas gracie was worn out come 6pm 

gracie is also into everything shes so funny has me wrapped round her finger already if its just me she grabs everything tv remotes phones xbox controls you name it even when i tell her no she just laughs and runs off but if her dads in the room she wont touch them...typical she can be playing all nicely then the second he walks out the room her head turns and she up after everything she shouldnt 😂 shes so clever already 

im trying to cut gracies naps down through the day its like having a newborn lately she wakes up so much through the night and sometime shes up at 4 and wont go back to sleep im nearly running on empty xx

• Options

Thabks Gemma! And Dalton sounds just like Hector with the drawers and the tantrums 😂

Might be in the same birth group chat again then rainbowsunshine 😍 Good luck with the midwife, my appt isn't for another 2 weeks.

Definitely try the cutting down nap for Gracie, we went through a stage with Hector waking a lot through the night and reducing his napping has helped loads. 

• Options

Congratulations Thuper!! So happy for you ♥️ I'm super jealous of you girlie's lol wish I was pregnant again...I have talked to Partner said no not yet.. He's the one with the sperms so what he says goes 🙄 lol but think er are going to try for another this time next year and I can't wait.... tonight was the first time I have ever left odin.. Started back at work doing 6-10 Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday so it's only 12 hours a week but was still difficult leaving him for the first time even though it was just with his dad lol but he was fine and I was fine and I kind of enjoyed being at work and talking to adults plus the extra bit of money is a good thing :) odin has had 1 nap in the day for a while now but we have been waking him up as if he sleeps to long in the day he won't sleep well at night very well, odin is having 3 bottles a day now and is drinking water from a sippy cup :) we are also doing great with the cows milk protine intolerance! Hes been having lots of different things with milk in them and he's been fab so far so fingers crossed he's one of them kids that has grown out of it.. Can't wait to see the back of It.. Its such a pain lol x 

• Options

Thanks Rebecca. I think your is right though... having 2 under 2 is bloomin hard work (although lovely in many ways) and I'm not entirely looking forward to doing it again! 

That's great news about Odin's cows milk protein intolerance, fingers crossed it continues to improve, that will make your life so much easier!

I know what you mean about it being nice talking to adults now you're back at work, I didn't go back to work after number 1 and because I had my horses at home then I could go days without talking to another adult if hubby was working away!

Hope everyone else is doing ok

x

• Options

Can't wait to do it all again but it's somthing to look forward to :)... Never Thaught I'd say this but I'm honestly enjoying being back at work.. After all the upset and anxiety about being away from him and all the days of worry leading up to my first day back and tbh it's great so far.. Not that I want to be away from odie it's just a bit of a break.. Chat with friends and spending money, it's just easy money and quick shifts so far Its going great it has only been 3 days iv been back but I'm not worried about Monday at all :) hopefully it lasts lol and I don't end up hating like I did before I left for maternity.. Although I used to do like 40 hour weeks and like 9/10 hour days so 12 hour weeks at 4 hour days is a walk in the park.. .. Injections for odin today and it was horrible I honestly was trying to keep it together he was so upset, the nurse said she had never seen a baby so strong! Me and my mum had to hold him down to stop him wiggling, 2 injections in each leg and he was screaming so much he was gasping for air it was an ordeal :( he was OK when he calmed down but has gotten worse as the nights gone on very irritable, won't be put down so carrying him around everywhere and just bursting in to crying at random.. He's woken up 3 times screaming so far and is now in bed with us as I'm writing this, I suppose it was to be expected but I hope he is feeling better tomorrow don't like seeing like this :(

• Options

MadeForMums Announcement!

Would you like to come and test out our new chat forum, later on this week?
     If so, please sign up here. 

Do you have a child aged 4-8? Want to test some kids vitamins? There’s a £200 Amazon voucher for feedback - sign up here.

• Options

Oh no Rebecca, how is he today, hope he’s better, glad your enjoying work, I was thinking of going back last week but not to the same place, think I might apply to the hospital as bank staff so I can chose my own hours and what days I work. 

Hope you pregnant ladies are doing ok and the morning sickness has calmed down 

• Options

Oh Rebecca, sorry poor Odin had such a terrible time with his jabs. Hope he's ok now. I always find it helps to remember that that's be much more upset & poorly if they caught any of the things we are vaccinating them against.

Gemma that sounds like a great way to get back to work, giving yourself some flexibility.

Anyone else's toddler going through a clingy phase? Hector is at the moment which is rather unlike him. Hope it passes soon!

x

• Options

That sounds great Gemma go for it especially if you get to pick your hours :)

Thuper we are also going through a very clingy stage, he's stuck to me, he just wants to be carried even bed time has become an issue because he just wants to be next to me, not in his cot... partner said he cried when I got out the car for work last night, he had to pull over to console him.

Odie is OK now we had a few bad nights and some grumpy days and then he was back to normal again :) he's had a hair cut and is well on his way to walking he's getting alot better as every day passes, today he's been trying very hard, won't be long now until he can just do it without trying x

He HATES his pram suit bless him x 

My mum sent me this photo of me as a baby and I can see him in it so much especially when he was a bit younger x 

imageimageimageimage

• Options

aww poor odin hope hes better now after his injections and glad your enjoying being back at work the hours sound alot better than before odin was born 

i think waiting another year to have another will be a nice age gap between them i keep thinking how hard its going to be and im so tired all the time 

we have now cut gracies naps down to one a day and its alot better she always hears my partner get up at 6am thou and shes straight up 

gracies not to clingy althou shes with me more aless all the time but i have noticed if i leave the room she has started crying holding on to the stair gate xx

• Options

Announcement! 
    Want to ask a sleep expert a question? Please tell us on this other thread your question and we'll put it to them!

• Options

I know I shouldn't laugh but Hector's little strops have reached a new level now.... when he gets cross at something he tries to bite it. Yesterday it was the door which he was trying to close but it wouldn't because there was something in the way. Of course he then cried because he hurt himself trying to bite the door. It's a bit less funny when I'm the thing he's cross at though.... ;-)

Here he is at the beach on Saturday. He loved being able to walk on the sand like his big siblings.

• Options

aww look how grown up hector looks walking along the beach and with his wellies on gracies pretty clumpsy in her wellies ive noticed her feet turn in slightly so any type of clumpy shoe shes all over the place 

gracie likes to have a little bite too i dont know if its when shes trying to kiss you but ouch it hurts she likes pinching at moles on your body too lol 

i didnt notice your post before rebecca i think odin is like you hes looking so grown up too i have got a pic of me and gracie frim when i was little but for some reason i cant upload it  

gracies turned into a full on screamer its terriable i think its all for attention shes always been pretty bad in the carseat but its worse and the pushchair if you let her out to walk shes fine then at home she just screams when she wants anything or cant do something like climbing on the sofa or opening her bag with bricks in and it can go on all day ive tried ignoring her but thats not working wish she could talk already lol xx

• Options

Thuper he's so adorable walking in his wellies on the beach awwww 😍 super cutie... We have a biter at the moment as well bites anything including us! Not good lol the other day he was giving me kisses (it's more of a lick) and he gave me a few then went in for a kiss and bit me right on my cheek it really hurt.. He also bit his dad on the chest and left like a hicky mark! We need to sort the biting people before it is an issue lol x

Rainbow haha that sounds loud just reading it! Odin doesn't scream but he like shouts he walks around with both arms in the air just shouting for no reason  He's very loud x

Odie can walk now he also sort of runs but it's more of a fast walk lol and we are all ill atm :( and on top of that odie has not 1 not 2 but 5! Teeth coming all at the same time.. So we arnt getting much sleep.. Its not great 😂 he's very loud and very cheeky but he's just so happy and smiley he's just lovely he melts my heart. . He's got this like blotchy rash on his face that is like dry skin.. Made him a Dr appointment but do you think its just his teeth? Xx

Hope everyone is doing well xx

• Options

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Yayyy clever boy Odin 

5 teeth poor baby must be sore how many teeth does Odin have now Gracie only has 4 at the top and 3 at the bottom 

Hmm not sure about the dry blotchy rash have you had him seen? 

Gracies Ill at the moment had her at doctors a couple of days ago her temp was up to 39.7 she's got an ear infection in both ears bless her image imageimage xx

• Options

Aww bless her hope she feels better soon, that's so good she's walking outside! Odie hasn't walked outside yet, we need to get him some proper shoes, he has like between socks and shoes but sometimes when I put them on him he refuses to walk and just crawls instead but will zoom about bare foot no problem, also need to get a harness lol I'm so anxious about him getting lost! He's got 10 teeth and 3 more still fighting their way out can see the tip of them coming through , Iv got an appointment for him but it's in a few days I'm pretty sure it's dry skin but go just to find out for definite xx

Think iv got a pic of the dry patches and you can see his teeth in this pic 😁 xx

imageimageimage

• Options

Think gracies just little miss independent she like to free running around if I try to pick her up she starts screaming wriggling to get back down 🙄 

Wow nearly 13 teeth took ages for Gracie to even get her first one then the ones she has got came through all together Odins so cute can tell from your pics he's such a happy smiley baby 

Think antibiotics have worked she back to her normal self 

Think from the pic of Odin it does look like dry skin docs will probs give you some cream 

Xx