Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

April 2018 Toddlers

Replies

• Guess I'm having another baby. I'm happy of course I am but I feel so guilty for Rauri. I just keep crying x
  • @NicolaCU Congratulations x it's ok to feel overwhelmed right now take time to process and try not to feel guilty. They'll probably have a lovely relationship being close in age and the love really does just increase not stretch between the 2. Xx
  • Congratulations @NicolaCU, bless you. It’s normal to feel all sorts of emotions. Rauri will come to love his brother or sister, so don’t feel worried. It would be a great age gap too. He can be your little helper so he can feel involved. 

Hope everyone else are well. 
    Xx
  • Thanks girls. I just really wasn't expecting it so it's just very overwhelming right now x
  • @NicolaCU aww it must be so overwhelming if unexpected but it will be so amazing! What has your partner said?
  • Bless you @NicolaCU I bet it is especially if you weren't expecting it. There's no rush so just feel whatever your feeling and don't put any pressure in yourself to feel any different. We're here whenever you need a sounding board/rant xx
  • This sounds terrible but I actually havnt told my partner yet. I wanted to be sure before telling him and I only found out for certain this morn. I want to tell him in person. I'm abit nervous as to how he will react but I'm sure it will be ok. X
  • Not terrible at all! If you've not seen him then of course you wont have told him. I'd want to do it in person too. I'm sure he'll be made up x
  • Hey ladies hope your all well. Just thought  I would update you. My partner was happy about the news so it went better than I thought. It's funny as I did a urine sample for the doctor last Thurs as thought I had a kidney infec and the preg test they did was negative. That happened when I was pregnant with rauri too. They did 3 pregnancy tests and all were negative and all mine were positive. I've done about 7 this time around again so I'm sure.  I've been feeling different this time around my symptoms arnt as bad but I felt really sick yesterday and it gets to late afternoon and I just want to sleep. I didn't get tiredness with rauri but hopefully it won't last too long.

Hope you are all well and have been enjoying the warm weather. We definitely had the best weather on our mat leave last year. Xx 
  • @NicolaCU glad it went well. And how funny about the doctor's tests both times! How far along do you think you are? So exciting! Will you be due a similar time of year to last time then?
    Hope your symptoms ease off a bit soon.
    We definitely got lucky last year on our mat leave didn't we! Xx
  • So glad it's all going well @NicolaCU, funny how these tests go. My pregnancy with Harry was very different to my 1st it's like an all new experience and all exciting again xxx 
    I personally prefer this years weather last year was far too hot for me but the boys are loving being outside so much at the moment. 
     Harry at the beach yesterday.  
    Hope everyone is doing well? 
  • Congratulations NicolaCU that’s lovely news! How far along will you be? How exciting!
    I think we’ll start trying next year, as much as I’m broody at the moment and I originally wanted a 2 year age gap, I don’t think we could afford nursery for both and we need to move house! We’ll have to go with 3 year age gap but then at least she’ll get free nursery hours! 
    (Just as I’m talking about nursery, do you mums know if you work you’re eligible for tax free childcare. Basically the government pay in 20% of the fees. A lot of my mum friends didn’t have a clue to just wanted to mention it!) 
    Here’s my baby-no-longer-a-baby. Why doesn’t it go so fast?!

• Sorry meant to say why *does* it go so fast!!
  • I’ve been back at work full time since Jacob was 9months and we signed up for the old childcare scheme, tax free amount taken from our wage. @Scotjill but I think the new scheme is better if you have more than one child. 
    Anyone else going through a tantrum phase? Jacob cries and stomps his feet if he doesn’t get his way. I really hope it is a phase. Usually if I come down to his level and give him a hug he calms, sometimes if he is really frustrated he would smack my glasses between on my nose bridge (which is so painful) 
    He has settled at his new nursery after the original one closed down. But he is still so picky with food. 
    I’m still pumping and providing him breastmilk for nursery. Anyone have any tips on transitioning to either toddlers milk or cows milk? Thanks in advance. 
  • @Charlz88 you’re not alone! As soon as Penelope turned 1, she hit Celine Dion-Mariah Carey-level diva! She throws herself on the floor screams cries if she’s told no, or I take her away from something she’s enjoying. She does usually calm down as quickly as she starts though.
    We bottle fed so my only advice about the milk is wean ounce by ounce, so start with adding half ounce of ounce of cows milk to the breast milk and increase slowly? That’s what we did to get Penelope off formula bur it took a while as she hated cows milk to start buy now takes a full bottle before bed. I know it’s a different ballgame with b/feeding! 
    Whats eveyones nap schedules like at the moment? Anyone dropped a nap? 
  • Rauri has hissy fits aswell. He normally throws things or his new thing is to go and slam the door on his police car. He does however think it's hilarious when we tell him off.

Rauri has just had 1 nap since about 6 months and it was about 45 mins. Since he's been walking it varies between an hour to an hour and a half. No set time though just when he's ready. X
  • Just an updated picture of Harvey now at 15months 💙
    Good morning Ladies. Sorry I’ve been quiet. 
    A big congratulations Nicola 💙💖 do not worry about age gap. 2 of my children have an 18month age gap and I coped really well with it because Noah was still in the baby routine so I found adjusting ok when Emily-mai was born. Glad to hear your husband was happy about the news. Always makes such a difference knowing they are happy too. 

We have Harvey suffering with throat and chest infection at the moment so is very clingy at the moment so if things aren’t going his way, we do get tantrums but I think that’s because he’s unwell. We shall see once the meds have kicked in lol. 

I finally had my varicose vein operation done (inserting coil rods in the veins on my ovaries and uterus) and I think I’ll have to go through another day stay visit because they couldn’t complete my right side due to my veins being narrow near the point of entry 🤦🏼‍♀️ Plus I’m still getting discomfort but I’m seeing my consultant on 9th August so I’ll see what he says. 

• Lovely pics ladies can't believe how big they're all getting. 
    Harry doesn't really have tantrums yet, he's always had a temper but no real big tantrums, Oliver however started having them right around when he turned 3 (3 is definitely worse than 2!!)
    @Charlz88 Harry is/was bottle fed so a bit different to bf but he was on 3 bottles a day for quite a while then I tried dropping his breakfast bottle, he didn't even notice, When that was normal we did the same at lunch and he didn't notice again. He's been on a bedtime bottle for a while but I'm reducing the amount he's having steadily so it doesn't just stop as I think it's more of a comfort/routine thing, he has cows milk and water during the day the same as Oliver with no issues.
    @Scotjill Harry has his lunchtime nap usually between 1-1.30 and 3, i dont let him sleep past 3 or hes a pain at bedtime, he sometimes has a small morning nap (20 mins) but he can take or leave that and usually depends what time he gets up.  
    @Charley87 hope Harvey gets better soon, it's horrible when their poorly and you can't do anything. Glad your op went well hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the next bit. X

• Hi ladies, lovely to read all your updates! We are also getting temper tantrums, throwing herself onto the floor etc, when she doesn’t get what she wants 😂😂

so we have been trying for over a year to fall again, and i have been really struggling with exhaustion, physical aching, depression and my cycles have been all over the place.  I ended up going to the Drs in tears and getting signed off for a couple of weeks, several tests later they have found a B12 deficiency which is the cause of all of my symptoms, they have started me on strong supplements, which i thought weren't working, as I was still tired.  Yesterday morning after waking up a couple of days starving in the middle of the night (as I have again now) and needing a mid-night snack, and having a couple of episodes of Nausea, I did a pound shop hpt, and got a very quick positive!  I was super shocked, as we hadn’t really dtd due to hubbie having a virus, and having been trying for so long, I had convinced myself I was starting menopause and my fertility had dropped (which it may well have) We have booked flights to go to Oz in December for a month and I had started selling off all the baby stuff......

still  absolutely delighted, and praying I can keep this little bean safe and strong 🤞🤞
  • Wonderful news @MrsFish so happy for you xxx