Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2018 Toddlers

Replies

• Aww yay congratulations MrsFish. Amazing news. When do you think you are due?? X
  • Congratulations mrs fish! Absolutely amazing news xx
  • This is great news @MrsFish
    I tried for 10m with my first Hugo and discovered the same thing a b12 deficiency, I have a very good doctor who bypassed the tablets and put me on a booster course of injections (one every other day ) followed by one every 12w and I have been having them ever since. I then fell pregnant first time with my little girl, I will never know if that’s just luck or the b12 but it was a vast difference. I wish you all the best x 
  • I think I am only coming up 5 weeks, so due beginning of April.  How about you Nicola? Xx
  • @Leonna9 I am sure it was the B12 deficiency that stopped me falling for so long, as my cycles were all over the place, Will variable bleeding from 3 days light to 8 days heavy 22-31 day cycles, with some intermittent bleeding.  I think my GP was actually worried about cancer as she got me in for a scan in 10 days to check the heath of my lady bits, they tested for all sorts of things including hormones, so a I convinced myself it was menopause, as a couple of levels were out, so I was delighted it was B12.  They have started me on tablets, but if it doesn’t improve I will go into injections like yourself......
  • Thank God it wasn't any more serious I bet that was a relief. I am 7 weeks MrsFish I found out at just over 3 weeks as I was lucky enough to get sickness straight away 🤦‍♀️ I'm due around the 21st of March according to my period but that's never really accurate when you go for a scan. I have to self refer where I live to the hospital at 6 weeks so I already have my scan appointment for the 6th of Sept. Xx
  • @NicolaCU  I will pay for a private scan at 8 weeks if I don’t have any issues before, but I haven’t filled in the form at the doctors yet for a mid wife referral, but would rather have a later scan at 14 weeks as I lost the twin at 14 weeks......

i did have a few early signs but I ignored them as Indidnt want to jump to conclusions, it’s only when they really started to kick in I thought, right time to test, but my boobs still don’t hurt at all 🤷‍♀️
  • Oh bless you that's a good idea. Fingers crossed everything goes well. 
    My boobs have been so painful this time around but they wernt at all with rauri untill mid pregnancy. I'm taking peppermint tablets atm to try and settle my stomach as I feel sick constantly. Think I'm gonna have to go to the docs this time around and get something to keep it at bay x
  • It's amazing what a massive part hormones play in our bodies yet we never really think about it until there's a problem, id never have known about my issues if i hadnt been ttc. Glad it's all being dealt with @MrsFish I've got everything crossed for a smoother ride this time 🤞🤞
    Hope the sickness calms down for you @NicolaCU
  • @MrsFish congratulations I’m over the moon for you! You’ll be due around the same time as last time then?
    These announcements are making me so bloody broody! I live away from family and have decided I cant have another until I’m settled back home, I don’t think I could cope with 2 with no external support. Especially with me having bad PND, i didn’t take to motherhood very well and I don’t want to risk getting so down again. 
    So pleased for you expectant mums 💕💕
  • Thanks ladies, yes due similar to before, All 3 of my husbands children were born ten/March and it looks like this one will be too (never carried full term) 

@Scotjill are you still struggling with PND?  My depression kicked in after I stopped bf, but it got worse and worse until they found the B12 deficiency!! 
    You must feel really conflicted wanting more but knowing you haven’t got the support close by - massive hugs to you xxx 

@NicolaCU - probably a girl this time then!! 
  • Amelie

• Massive congrats @MrsFish we are thrilled for you! 
    Funnily enough, i had those B12 shots a few months back too, as i was totally deficient. 
    And while we're here, naturally we have got to let you know about Due in April 2020 birth club, if you fancy checking it out.... 

• @MrsFish yes I read up on b12 and I take it every day now. I’ve heard about PND kicking in after breeding finishes, is it a hormonal thing?
    I still suffer quite bad with PND, I take medication and had to have it increased just after Christmas as it got so bad, it was horrific. I think I had it pre natal too, I had a lot of anxiety during pregnancy and I feel it stemmed from there. The one thing that really makes me upset is I never got that ‘rush of love’ mothers talk about, i would have loved to experience that. Going back to work has really helped, surprisingly. My husband has been amazing though, so I’m so grateful.
    Please keep us updated with the pregnancy @MrsFish xxx
  • @Scotjill I'm so glad you're starting to feel better and have had the help and support you need and your finding what works best for you. I'm lucky I haven't  suffered with depression/pnd but I never got that rush of love with either of mine and I think it's more common than they say. Thought with my 1st it was just because he was prem, a shock birth and I didn't see him until 2 hours later but I didn't get it with Harry either, knew I loved him but no rush, no overwhelming emotions or tears. I hope you continue to feel better xx

• Aw thank you @Becky240, that makes me feel better. It does make me feel sad as I wish I had it but knowing it’s not just me is good! 
  • I think it's one of those things that's talked about and assumed but actually doesn't happen for lots of ladies. Definitely not just you @Scotjill😊 
  • @Scotjill these pesky hormones have a lot to answer for! It’s crazy the impact they have on us!!

so unfortunately I have had confirmed today my little bean isn’t growing, so another missed miscarriage for me.  Annoyingly my symptoms are still present, so have some nausea and head aches daily and am as hungry as can be! I have my first appointment at EPU Monday, but will have to go back probably 2 weeks later before anything will be done.  I’ve had one tiny spot at around 6 weeks when baby stopped growing, nothing since.  We are devastated, it took us a year to conceive and I really think this was probably our last chance.  We are off to Oz for Xmas, so might try next year for a few months, but the window is closing fast.  Just so gutted 😢
  • @MrsFish I am so sorry to hear your news. It must be very hard knowing you still have the symptoms. 
    Sending a big hug. We are all here if you need a chat xx 
  • Oh Mrs Fish I'm so so sorry to hear your news 😔