Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 3

Replies

• Aww that’s good Charlie 

ladies im in desperate need of help Ollie keeps dragging poo out his nappy and it’s going everywhere he’s done it three times on holiday ... after doing it a few times at home ... I just don’t know what to do I’ve tried the cold shower thing but he doesn’t seem to be bothered ... he pooped and we changed him after giving time to finish it ... put him back into bed and it did it in less than 5 mins ... it’s really stressing us out 
  • To me it sounds like he’s ready to potty train @Lillian2410 he seems to be aware of when he’s dirty and it’s trying to get rid of it. Charlie is the same he always tells us when he’s trumped, poohed and wet and we’ve started him :) aww @Charliemurphy exciting times  
  • @Louise 111 you have every right to feel sad that it isn’t happening for you even though you’re blessed with your beautiful family you’ve been through great heartache and loss and you’re allowed to say how devastated you are you’re only human after all. 
  • Hi ladies just thought I would update you just got home and took a weeks test 3+ came up which puts me at over 5 weeks which is correct with my dates as I am 5 weeks 4 days I believe... just got my pregnacare 
  • Please tell me that Charlie isn’t the only one who behaves like this at bedtime honestly he won’t settle spends ages screaming and refusing to go to sleep I’m at my wits end it’s my first night off in a week and I’m like kid shut up and go to bed!
  • Ollie was the same until we invested in a good 30 min bed time routine ... we make sure he has no telly for 30 mins before bed and play with books and chill out toys ... then we go to his room or have a bath and read only book that’s are for nighttime’s and sing nursery rhymes the same ones every night and then he goes to bed ... before we did that it took like 2 hours for him to get to sleep and it was driving us potty... not saying it’s perfect but for now it works for us 
  • Lillian that’s fantastic news! So exciting for you xx 
    kayleigh remember they go through phases and in a couple of weeks he’ll prob be completely different. Charlie is a nightmare. We have to drive him to sleep but actually I quite enjoy the peace listening to the car radio. It’ll get easier xx We really must meet up one day xx
  • I’m on ovulation day. We dtd thurs night and tues night so am upset I got it wrong and didn’t dtd last night. Hubby says we’ll do it tonight but think it’s too late and my eggs are so rubbish and old that I think is it worth it? I was looking at old photos today of my children and I realise I’ve had my child bearing days and they’ve been so lovely and I’ve enjoyed every second but I just wish I could have one more as a friend for Charlie. The chances are about 1 % about apparently. I just feel like I don’t know what to do with myself if I don’t have little children 😢
  • Have drunk some of my oldest son’s pink gin and feel pissed as haven’t eaten all day as trying to have a 24 hour fast for my diet so it’s gone straight to my head. Am so grateful for all you ladies support. Men don’t always understand .
  • Aww Louise sending big hugs and sperm can live for along time so even if you did it a few days ago there’s a lot of chance it could happen with what your already done... I’m sure u will have grand children in the not so distant future or maybe you
    could look at working in a school Put your love for children and little ones to use for you and them. Not sure  sorry for rubbish advice hun but your kids never stop needing u
  • Louise you are only human sweetie yes you’ve had children but it doesn’t stop you from wanting another I really do hope you get What you want I’ve had a Parma violet cider and am now chilling this is my only day off until sat now 😩

• Thanks ladies. Hope you all are a lovely  weekend xx 
  • Lillian we’ve always had a similar routine bath book and bed but just recently he’s developed this habit of not wanting to sleep 
  • Hope eveyone is ok
  • Hey we are all good thanks just got a new sofa today and ate cake ! Always a good day ! Gosh I remember why early Pregnancy is though the wait for appointments seen so long !
  • Yeah it did
  • Has the bleeding subsided 
    I'm 13 weeks today can't believe I'm in the second trimester already 
  • It has still getting brown stuff but it’s minimal ... the midwife assistant rang to book my booking appointment and she said they will ring tomorrow to speak about the bleeding so I hoping to get a scan as I’ll be 6 weeks tomorrow 
  • Fingers crossed they do something for u tomorrow 
  • Glsd youre both doing well. So wish i was able to have another now but have to wait till oh uni is over!

hope they let you have a scan Lillian!