Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 3

Replies

• We are all ok
  • We’re doing good! Getting back into routine of work and being at grandparents in the day etc! 
  • Hey ladies just wanted to let you know I’ve been for a scan and baby is looking good with a heart beat about 7 weeks so all good :) fingers crossed everything else goes well
  • Fantastic Lillian! 
  • That's good news 
  • Hello everyone. We're putting together a project about Rainbow Babies, and we wanted to ask, if you have a Rainbow Baby, would you be happy to share your stories with us? If so, please do come and post them on this special Rainbow Babies thread - we would so appreciate your help. :blush: 🌈👶
  • Got my fingers crossed for u @Lillian2410
  • That’s good news Lillian! Fingers crossed everything continues well :)
  • Aww brilliant news Lillian. I’m fed up my boilers been broken over a week now and between the landlord and the agents nothings been sorted it broke Last Friday and they sent someone out Monday they said it needed a new part came back Thursday to fit it and then said it’s broken and needs replacing and then someone else cave yesterday to check it was broke! And he said he can’t replace it TIL next Thursday so it’ll be two weeks without heat and hot water the kids are both poorly from the cold and I’m fuming 
  • Gosh that's hideous mummytoolley. I remember you having same problem last year. Is there anyone you can report the landlord to? I'm sure there's rules regarding children and heating and hot water. 
  • Yes I’m sure there is Louise that must be awful Kayleigh ... is there not something in your tennecy agreement ?
  • I’m so angry 😡 he’s a cheap skate and doesn’t like paying out for anything but will happily put our rent up at the start of this year. I just think two weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to have waited for this to be resolved because he wanted to explore other options other than paying out for a new boiler. We live in a mid terrace so it’s cold already and without any heating it’s been awful I’m so worried about the boys especially now the colder nights are drawing in especially ollys room because it faces the front it’s always colder and he’s full of cold and showing signs of another chest infection. The landlords idea was to provide us with two small heaters which are unsafe around the boys as Charlie tried to touch one when it was on so we’ve been reluctant to use them since and also to give us keys to another empty property he is to shower in, it’s quite far from our house and even though I drive I’m not willing to take he boys to a empty cold house bath them then bring them back out into the cold to me that isn’t a solution but a cop out I’ve rang hall and benson and him so many times and hall and benson are just rude and he dodges my calls and texts 
  • That is really shit Kayleigh. You must at least insist on a rent reduction. I’d go into the hall and benson office and refuse to leave till it’s sorted. Say you’ll report hall and benson as they have a responsibility too. It may be worth going into or ringing another letting agent to explain your situation and ask what your rights are as they are more likely to be honest with you. 
  • Hope u got boiler sorted soon. How is everyone
  • So they managed to sort the boiler out yesterday I’ve never been so grateful for hot water and heating especially since its gotten really cold the last few days especially at night. I hope you’re all okay :) my period hasn’t come this month so just to put my mind at rest I nabbed a test from work which was negative but there’s no sign of it no pains or anything and I’m usually due on the same week as payday which was last Friday and it’s still arrived I wonder if it’s stress related or 🤷‍♀️ 
  • *not* arrived even 
  • It could be stress related, they do say that it can effect things! Glad water it up and running, not nice having no water this time of year!
  • I’ve never missed it before tho but I don’t think there’s any chance of me being pregnant it’s just worrying when it doesn’t turn up fingers crossed it shows up soon 
  • Kayleigh I’m sure it’s down to stress hun x are you on contraception ?
  • We use condoms but we’ve never had any accidents with them before so like I said I don’t think it’s baby related it’s just not like me to not have one I’m normally regular as clockwork