Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 3

Replies

• We are having a few mother of all tantrums he’s been screaming to go to nursery or to the park but it’s because we live next door to the park and when we go on walks he just screams to go on the park it’s really awful I was in floods of tears .. what makes it worse is there’s groups of teenagers on the park (not many) and I think if I can try my best and deal with a nearly three year old who doesn’t understand why are these other parents letting their children out when it’s for their own good 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

But we we are learning lots .. he’s learnt the abc song and can identify all 26 letter which i am astonished about ! He can tell me about 8 shapes and 8 colours and is counting to 20 ... absolutely blowing my mind and to say they thought he was delayed it’s just all come at once ... It just shows they do everything in their own time !

bed time is a nightmare though 🤦🏼‍♀️ But hey no one can be perfect lol 
  • He sounds such a clever boy Lillian! Well done Ollie xx That must be so hard by the park. I always make sure our walks aren’t near slides etc or Charlie would go mad but you have no choice if it’s next door 😞 Must be lovely though normally to be so near the park. 
  • Yeah it’s tricky but as you said normally lovely ... I felt sorry for my husband as he had to carry him home as I’m at the waddling only stage 😂 23 days max until my section !

He is louise but like I said we go back to November and he was having home talk come to help him with his progression and his speech .. she even queried a potential learning difficulty which we have dyslexia and dyspraxia in my family so I wouldn’t be surprised but he just needed time x
  • When is your section booked for Lillian? 
    How is Oliver doing Charlie? 

I know what you all mean about the tantrums! Js have gone up to a completely new level and am really struggling! He’s barely listening at all to what I’m saying! I just hope that once this new 3 weeks is done we’ll be able to go out a little more. They’re just too little to understand aren’t they. It’s so hard! 
    How are your older ones finding being indoors Louise? 
  • Oliver is doing well thank you 
  • Yeah the tantrums are great at this age 🤦🏼‍♀️ It is so hard for them to understand ... my section is the 6th of May but I will have bloods done this Sunday and then that will determine if it needs to be any earlier 
  • You must be so excited Lillian!! How is your sister? 
    Dizzy my older ones are ok. Been out for a 4 mile  bike ride with one of them this morning. A couple of them are quite lazy so they are quite enjoying just relaxing! My oldest has gone to stay with his girlfriend as we said he had to either stay here or stay there so he chose there which was a shame.😢 Him and my next oldest are both working at Tesco’s at the moment as normally they work in a local hotel but of course there is no hours there at the moment.  We have to do two different walks a day as Charlie’s walk just means going to the nearest drain or stream to drop stones in whereas of course the others like to go further. Hope everybody else is managing okay!
  • Yeah she’s ok thanks louise ! She’s obviously a little disappointed which the whole situation and missing out on work for the last bit but she understands .. with lockdown confirmed for a further three weeks it means my little one will be born in the lockdown but hopefully some restrictions might be lifted I time for my sister as she’s due 21st May 
  • Yes it must be very strange for you both but lovely when you can all be together again with the new little ones 😀
  • Here Oliver
  • Aww Charlie he’s gorgeous! 
    My little monkey is 10 months already, where has the time gone. 
    Hope everyone is ok?
    im still working so hubby is home with the children...interesting to say the least. Home learning is one hell of a challenge with Isaac (8) Joshua is doing really well though.
    Joseph on the other hand can be a complete nightmare, he certainly knows what he does and doesn’t want/like. Told me tonight he doesn’t like me and only loves daddy. He’s obsessed with police and tells everyone he’s going to be a policeman when he grows up. 
    God help them lol
    xx
  • He’s gorgeous Charlie xx 
    Bincey yes the homeschooling is tricky!! Mine just refuse to do it. It’s been nice the last 2 weeks as I haven’t felt as guilty but now the guilt will set in again on Monday when I know they must do some work 😫
  • Mine we’re back to it this week, I’m just keeping up with spellings and reading. I see that as a small win 😬
  • Little girlie enjoying Easter chocolate 
  • Gorgeous bincey xx
  • I think you all are doing an incredible job home schooling defo wouldn’t be the easiest thing I’m sure !  Beautiful babies !! I can’t wait for my little lady Ollie was born 36+5 induced at 36+3-which is what I am today! So this is all new !!
  • Is anyone potty training ? Or completed it? 

Ollie is doing really well with number 1s and today we ha the first number 2 on the potty !
  • How are you doing Lillian? 
    How’s everyone coping, can’t believe we’re nearly at the end of the 5th week! 
    Our potty training is going awfully!! He’ll wear pants and then just have an accident every time, he just won’t sit on the potty or toilet! 
  • Daniel isn't doing great with potty training he will try but won't go we will ask do u need to go toilet then a minute later he's been for number 2 but he knows he's been 
  • We’ve had accidents too to be fair poop on the carpet yesterday but the day before he went on the potty .,. We haven’t introduced pants yet because 1- he doesn’t like them and 2- every time we put him shorts on without nappy he’s wet so we are still just running around naked from the waist down 😂