Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 3

Replies

• He doesn’t talk much anymore but makes noises, he can talk he just doesn’t. He’s very destructive he literally tears the wallpaper off, trashes his bedroom he climbs on furniture if you’re not careful throws himself over stair gates we’ve had to Strap all the furniture in his room down and he’s got a extra tall stair gate which he can still get over unless he wears socks. Some mights we can battling with him until half ten before he sleeps. He doesn’t play much anymore and has a very short attention span 
  • Aww bless him ... to be fair on one thing I’m sure the climbing on furniture is completely normal .. every three year old I know climbs up and jumps off stuff including Ollie he makes trampolines with our sofa and builds steps with all the chairs and tables to climb ... he’s board with not going to nursery so we just let him. Yesterday he went without a nap all day I was so impressed and he went to sleep much better so I think it’s defo the way forward... Georgie also slept well and slept from 10.30-3.30 and then until now she sleep asleep and it’s approching 9 !
  • That good if her :) Charlie hasn’t napped since he was about 2 chick we’ve always struggled to settle him to sleep since he was born he used to be awake all night. I’m hoping I’m just panicking but I’d rather be safe than sorry if he needs any help when he starts nursery in September 
  • What do his nursery say Kayleigh? Are they concerned? It’s a hard one as it could just be a bad case of the terrible twos. It’s good you’re keeping your eye on him though. 
    We’ve had a lovely day for Charlie’s birthday today. Can’t believe he’s 3 !! 
  • Have you considered the melatonin for his sleeping? I know it’s not a nice thought giving him medication but it’s only a natural hormone that his body produces anyway. One of my boys takes it and it works wonders. 
  • I’m glad he’s had a good day Louise cnt believe two of the babies are 3 already. We’ve discussed it and I don’t like the idea of giving him any medication until we know 100% what is wrong with him however his behaviour doesn’t seem normal although I guess know knows what normal really is at this stage. He literally trashes his room I’ve redecorated it so many times he tears his wallpaper off and rips his books up. He leaves a trail of destruction in his wake 
  • Happy belated birthday Charlie ! Louise his cake looked awsome!! 

Kayleigh that must be so tough Hun x is he back at nursery ?
  • He doesn’t start until September chick but I hope he will he okay to start
  • Happy Belated birthday Charlie! Glad he had a good day Louise xxx
  • Thankyou so much for all Charlie’s birthday best wishes xx 
  • Kayleigh I wonder if it’s some sort of ADHD that Charlie has? Has olly ever shown any similar behaviour? It would be reassuring if you’d seen it in olly and then he’d grown out of it. 
  • Olly was hyper when he was younger and they did think he was developmentally delayed but now he’s perfectly fine he just doesn’t like the word no! Lol but Charlie’s behaviour is worse I’m so worried about him I hope he’s going to be okay 
  • I’m sure even if he has a diagnosis they will do everything to help you all hun, hopefully it’s a phase and maybe lockdown has made it worse not going out and seeing family as much x
  • Hey Ladies, how are you all doing?
  • We are all good Ollies review went fine .. she said his speech will come as long as he understand his speech won’t be far behind especially with the problems he’s had with his ears. 

Is everyones toddlers into climbing everything ? We are really trying to drop Ollies nap but really struggling he falls asleep no matter where we are at around 4 he even fell asleep outside on the grass 😂
  • awww bless him, glad his review went well. We have almost completely dropped the nap now. Unless we are in the car, he now asks to go to bed at 6.30 every night. 

It feels like a big achievement to just have one in nappy’s again now, just need to convince Maisie to sleep at night 😴 both have settled back into nursery again so finally feel like we have some sense of normality back.hope everyone is ok x
  • Really pleased ollies review went well 😃 Gosh you’ve done well bincey with the toilet training! 
    Charlie hasn’t had a nap for about a year. We just have to be careful if we go out quite a distance away that he doesn’t fall asleep in the car on the way home otherwise he’ll be up till midnight! What time does Ollie get up Lillian? 
  • Bless them @Lillian2410 they’re gorgeous. Glad the review went well we’re still waiting to hear back from the doctors we sent the forms off 
  • Daniel loved his 3rd birthday on the 1st he was fully spoilt