Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 3

1434445464749»

Replies

• No just says place offere
  • Okay. Hopefully they’ll update it soon.
  • Hopefully if not I’ll contact them to find out
  • Ours is actually irrelevant because we’ve already got a place for him somewhere else so I assumed his mainstream place would be cancelled but it hasn’t been so I’ll have to ring the council and explain that we don’t want the place. But now it’s stressing me out because I’m thinking again am I making the right choice not sending him to a mainstream school 😫
  • Yeah. Maybe give them until 10 and then phone them
  • It’s up to u they will get taught the same in a way where ever they go
  • Yeah it’s bugging me as if he hasn’t got the one I want I’m disputing it as the other one will make it so much harder
  • Louise have they advise you don’t send him to mainstream school? How is he getting on? X
  • They don’t really advise. That’s the problem. They aren’t allowed to tell you . You have to make the decision yourself which is really unhelpful 😞
  • Unless a school couldn’t cope with him. Then they would obviously say 
  • Oh ok I understand cuz they’ve offered Ollie some help next year cuz he isn’t very good with adult lead activities he just wants to do his own thing ... I know he’s learning really well cuz yesterday he counted to 100! And he’s started to read, he recognises all letters and their phonetic sounds and he’s started saying the phonetic sounds for the letter if that makes sense but he just doesn’t like following the heard lol 😂
  • It sounds like he’s doing brilliantly Lillian! He perhaps just needs a bit of help with learning to concentrate but I think a lot of boys are like that!
  • Wow Ollie is doing great Lillian. J can say the alphabet because of the song but can’t really understand the letters. His numbers are good though. 

Not heard about schools yet, apparently we don’t here until gone 5 with my council. It’s ridiculous! 

Are you sending Charlie to a SEND school @l@"Louise 111"? 

Finally feeling more myself now which is good, the odd day is uncomfortable but getting there :)