Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Options
    We’ve had 1 sunny day. Other than that it’s raining and warm so mostly stuck indoors too 
  • Options
    Honestly? We just had all week was really nice, today it is hammering down 😭
  • Options
    We have had quite muggy weather and today it's been raining quite heavily but definitely not been as warm as rest of UK. 

I would love to send Logan back to nursery! Sorting out childcare whilst I'm at work and his daddy has been away has been a nightmare.

Also, we have still been paying for it while they have been closed which I've been raging about. No contact at all from them, until I emailed to ask what their plan was. They said that they were going to give parents the option of a refund or to put it towards future childcare. 
  • Options
    That's shocking that you have still be len paying. I paid up until the end of March and they said they would deduct the extra I had paid off my next bill when she goes back :) x
  • Options
    Yeah I know a couple of private nurseries local to us who have still been charging as nurseries weren't given Furlough money, had to use their childcare funding, but smaller nurseries don't have many funded. Luckily ours is majority funded so we had paid till end of march, but they stopped going 20th, so we got sent an invoice saying they owed us £85 per child. So it'll just get taken of the first bill when they go back. 
  • Options

I had heard that other private nurseries were charging reduced fees. I would have been happy to pay something, to keep his space and help the nursery staff but I felt like full price was a lot considering I can't do any extra shifts due to new childcare requirements. 
    The whole situation sucks! I'm sick of talking about it both at home and at work!
    Glad to hear your kiddos are doing well though. We are at a whole new toddlering level today, foot stamping and everything!! 

• Options
    Ours is same @ChelleH83 x
  • Options
    I am loving that the play parks are open here again! 

• Options
    Aw, ours open Monday. So today we have been for a walk in the Forest 💕

• Options
    Look at that smile @LouTTC83 😭 I haven’t seen any parks open yet 😭
  • Options
    @Zoenew are you in England? It's Saturday they open. Scotland must have been different.
    @colpage127 she looks so grown up there.
    @LouTTC83 ah we have a gruffalo trail about an hour drive from us. She looks full of mischief 
  • Options
    Yeah parks opened up in Scotland on Monday again. It's defo nice having an option of something else to do with her at the moment. Although it's pretty much meant to piss it down constantly here for the next week...🙄 
  • Options
    @ChelleH83, yes Saturday they open, don't know why I thought Mondau was the 4th 😬
    @colpage127, boo to the rain, I haven't checked her, sometimes ignorance is bliss lol.

I have bitten the bullet and booked Emily into nursery. I am still reluctant with Covid19 but I am struggling fitting in all my work and looking after her. My Hubby said we should try to get her in next week for one day a week but I have left it till the following week (not that a week makes much difference) hoping my boss doesn't want me in the office 3 days a week again before I go on maternity so I don't have to put her in that much, save me some money xx
  • Options
    It took 16.5 months guys but Evie finally has her first tooth! Top front one too 😂 🥳
  • Options
    Yaaaay @Zoenew makes me wonder how they manage to eat all they do with so few teeth 
  • Options
    Yaay, not before time! 😂 Brodie has a mouthful but she's got constant terrible nappy rash at the moment from teething. It's the only time she gets a nappy rash but it's so bad... It looks so painful. 
  • Options
    Aw yay evie! Bet the rest won't be far behind x
  • Options
    Just wondering how long she will have one front tooth for 😂 she’s literally been fine with it so wondering what she will be like when others come 😅🙈
    @colpage127 poor Brodie! When evie had the poops that time her bum was SO bad and I tried everything & honestly airing her bum and no nappy nor cream on it was what cleared it up! Xxx
  • Options
    Aw how cute Evie xx
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip Zoe, she's been having runny poo for honestly ages now, it's horrible. Every time the rash is clearing up, she does it again and it starts to bleed and everything at bits. 😭😭 Hopefully if will clear up soon.

Usually a second tooth comes in kind of quickly, my kids both didn't have one tooth for long, the second one beside was in really quickly! Xx