Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Wish I had the answer Zoe, it burns my biscuits so it does! 😂 

Chris always wants to make her lots of different things until she eats something but I think if she was hungry, she would eat. 
  • Haahaa yes they're all huge 🙈 theyve never lost weight or evened out when they started moving either. But tbf their height has been in proportion on the same centiles.

Zoe have you tried a free flowing cup? One where theres no valve, if they tip it then it flows into her mouth? That may be better. Have any of you actually tried to drink out of a 360 cup 🤣🤣 almost impossible haahaa. 

Id concentrate on giving her food you know she will eat and then add little new things. 

Oh no poor Brodie @colpage127 😥 is she better now? Cooper has had a temp the last few days. Has his dreaded 1 year jabs tomorrow afternoon 😭

When Skye was little i worried about how little she ate, at her 2 year check the community nursery nurse said she should be eating the equivalent to 3 of her fistfuls of food, eg 1 meat, 1 veg and 1 carbs. When i actually looked at that on a plate she was actually eating way more 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈 
    Your girls are both dainty little dots still too, so imagine how tiny their tummies are compared to Coopers. If you're worried though @Zoenew speak to your HV or GP xxx

• I tried a free flowing cup. . Everything soaked 😂😂 she's starting to pick up now Chelle, been hanging about her for ages. She was sick yesterday but lots better today. I hate that I'm working tomorrow when she's not feeling great!

Let us know how Cooper gets on with the injections, hopefully he's feeling better for it. My nephew was really ill after his for about a week 😢
  • Aw hi. Hadn’t even noticed this new thread thanks to colpage for the heads up.
    mildly offended since I do not identify as the mother of a toddler. I can’t get my head round it 😭

he is walking though, started walking a week before he hit 11 months. In his grans. When neither of us were there. Typical. 
    Went from taking 6 steps that night to taking 16 the next day and hasn’t stopped since. 

Hope you’re all well and happy birthday to all the babies who have already had their birthdays! 
  • Clever Arden! Knew he was gonna be fast with the walking! Bet gran was loving that eh?! 

Can't believe our babies are one on Sunday chech! This time last year we were the moodiest two women around!! 😂 
  • He is a clever boy. He’s come on so much the past two months but it just makes him seem more toddler like 😕 

when she phoned to tel me she was like “I’m so sorry I didn’t know whether to tell you, I got it on video though!” so that was something.

he still doesn’t sleep, he’s having really bad trouble teething with his top teeth, his poor gums are bulging massively but they just won’t break so he’s up all night.
    he is also on a Hunger strike right now and will only eat spoon fed spaghetti hoops or macaroni cheese so shit mum guilt 🙃 he used to only feed himself but now won’t eat anything just pushes it out with his tongue 
  • So I forgot to tick the thing to get notifications! So just catching up!

I'm not in a rush to drop Logan's bottles. He doesn't drink nearly enough from his cups so will keep going for a while with the bottles. It's amazing how different the babies all are with their wee routines! 

@Chech Logan did that for a while with the food but he's much better now so hopefully it's just a wee phase. Well done to Arden on the walking! Wee monkey doing it at grans first though, bet she was delighted!

My wee monkey seems to have went from crawling to almost walking in a couple of weeks. He now will be furniture walking and is happy to take his hands off and stand for a tiny second so hopefully building his confidence up! 

Logan is developing a temper which I'm not happy about! Definitely a toddler now!
  • Well done Logan. 
    Emily has stood for quite some time and walks around the fireguard and walks holding a workbench toy and will let go and clap but then fall on her bum. Bless her. I bet she starts walking at nursery when I am not there :(  

I had a job interview yesterday and have a keeping in touch day today, my husband is looking after Emily but I am still dreading a full day at work 🙈😬 x
  • Aww Lou I'm sure youl be fine. Although if you're anything like me you will be boring everyone with pictures! Good luck with the interview x
  • It’s Arden’s first birthday party tomorrow and I am not ready for him to be one on Sunday 😭 

we have bunting that has like months 1-12 pictures on it and every time I looked at a picture I was almost crying 🤣 
  • Aw I know it's so hard to think that they are not wee helpless babies anymore and are turning into toddlers with proper personalities. 

• Awww @Chech I know what you mean. Hope he has a lovely party today xx
  • Brodie also one tomorrow and I'm not even slightly ready 😭

• How is this gorgeous girl one already?! Anyone else totally emotional about this? 😭 She's had a great day celebrating with family. 
    Happy birthday to Arden too, Brodie sends hugs x x x
  • Aw happy birthday Arden and Brodie! X
  • Happy birthday Arden and Brodie xx
    Hope they've both had fab weekends. Xx

• How is this gorgeous girl one already?! Anyone else totally emotional about this? 😭 She's had a great day celebrating with family. 
    Happy birthday to Arden too, Brodie sends hugs x x x
    Yes i was with Cooper. Think emotionally i blocked it out and had nothing sorted, so he had a thrown together party tea on his bday still in his nursery scruffs 🙈🙈
  • I don’t think I’ve given it much thought. I sat on Friday night looking at photos of him through the last 12 months and almost crying 😅 

we went to sea life centre today and he loved it

happy birthday Brodie hope you have had a great day princess! 
  • I dunno if it's because I know she's my last as well.  🤔 
  • Happy Birthday Arden & Brodie! Hope you both had lovely celebrations 🥳 waaahhhhhh! I’m going to be so emotional when it’s Evie’s turn! X