Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• My surname is Chassels, Davids surname is Haswell’s, Arden has always been baby Chaswell, and everyone calls us the Chaswells. Davids not up for making the change permanent 🙄
  • My name is Page, far simpler! 😂 
  • I have a visit from the health visitor tomorrow btw! 
  • Well that's the health visitor been. He is very happy with Brodie's progress, no longer has any concerns about her communication. 😁
  • Fab news Col x
  • Ah that's fantastic. 
    We've not heard off ours since his 1 year check. She said she'd follow that up at around 18 months but obviously we were in lockdown. I have no concerns about him at all at the moment though he's bloody wild 🙈 not necessarily naughty, just a proper rough and tumble boy who loves play fighting. 
  • Aw this was an extra one because I had concerns about her speech at one point but she's doing well now!

She's a rough and tumble wee girl Chelle! 😂 Starting judo on Saturday! 😂 
  • Oh wow, no ones gonna mess with her are they 🤣🤣🤣
  • @colpage127, fab with Judo classes, would love Emily to do something like that or dancing but not necessary the type of dancing that needs, frills and very girlie hair because I would be useless 🤣 x
  • I don't know if Logan would follow instructions enough for judo. I think he's going to be a wee rugby player 
  • I think it's mostly play centred at the minute anyway. Not much judo as yet! She's wild though, I take her to a musical class and she just keeps running about nicking folks instruments and that. 
  • 🤣🤣 She sounds like a female Cooper. 
    Went to the park today and he was barking orders at another boy who was twice his size 🙈🙈

• Giggles with my wee pal! 💕

Happiest when she's on a swing! 
  • Ahh how beautiful! 

We got Arden this chair for Christmas. Took it out the box to check size and he’s claimed it. No way we can get it away for Christmas now he won’t be parted from it, he’s like a wee old man 

• Brodie has one that's really similar, she also loves it! It's so funny to see them sitting like mini grown ups eh?! 😂 He looks like the man of the house! 
  • Hi ladies. Are any of your baby’s having a toddler quilt for bedtime? Evie wears a sleeping bag and is fine in it but it’s getting a bit small and now thinking about getting her a toddler quilt instead of another bag? 
    We are decorating her room. Also thinking about getting Evie a big girls bed right away rather than a toddler bed, anyone have experience in doing this? I’ve seen these foam wedges that go at the side so they can’t fall out! (Not moving her from a cot, just thinking about the future!) xxx
  • Hi
    Brodie has a duvet and a pillow, they're fine to have them from 12 months. She HATED the suits. She will be going into a toddler bed purely because her cot turns into one. 

Kendall didn't have a cot bed though and I put her straight into a proper single bed at 18 months old (she used to climb out the cot). Never had any issues with it at all! If she doesnt have a cot bed, I wouldn't bother getting a toddler bed. Just go straight to a single. They look tiny in it! 🙈 But it's fin . Just get one that's not very high up so if she does fall, it's not too bad. Kendall didn't fall out once which was amazing. Didn't have a bed rail or anything. Brodie rolls all over the place though so... Different story! 😂 She also hates anything on her feet. Point blank will not tolerate a cosy toes on her buggy or a sleep suit, she has a duvet but she kicks it off and I put it over her when she's sleeping! Wee weirdo. 
  • I love these beds! Nice and low on the floor, I want one like this for Brodie xx

• Hello everyone, 

I thought I would show off my last bump picture, getting mechanically induced later today. Completely terrified. Really don't want to give birth again :( 

On a brighter note, there is a lovely picture of Emily, we got her this big beanbag as a gift to make her feel less left out when her new baby brother has a bouncer to sit in as she loved the bouncer the second she saw it and wanted to be in it ❤️ love Arden's chair.

Lovely pics @colpage127 ❤️

@zoenew We gave Emily a quilt and a pillow a couple of months ago from a sleeping bag and she completely loves it, he bed is a cot bed too but we haven't taken off the sides yet. Might do it all once baby is here as we will be up so much anyway :) she has a super sore bottom at the moment, calling the docs tomorrow, some friends have suggested it may be thrush, it's come at the worst time ever and I feel so sorry for, hopefully will be able to prescribe something over the phone tomorrow for her dad to pick up :( 

Hope you are all well? Xx
  • Best of luck today Lou, will be thinking of you! That's gone in so quick! 

If it helps any, my first labour was horrendous but my second was much faster and much less traumatic. I think it's coming for second births to be easier as your body knows what to do now.

Looking forward to hearing your news ❤️