Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Unfortunately not, and only really gets 22.5 hours a week once she is three if you don't want to pay for school holidays. She does love it though so it's worth it :) xx
  • Yeah we all pay for school hols. Ours don't average it out, we just pay full for them when they happen. It's only August that hits you hard. 
  • I must be strange as I really don’t mind peppa 😂🙈 I feel the exact same as in life is getting so much easier and if we leave it any longer we won’t have another and we would love Evie to have a sibling! I am nervous as I had the short cervix with Evie and I was so lucky, just hope the next pregnancy goes as well. We moved to a nicer area last year for schools and we got in with all the days we wanted which we are over the moon about, on her little letter it said “we can’t wait to welcome you to ladybird class” got me emotional and Evie tells everyone about ladybird class, she’s so bloody clever!! 
  • Ugh I just needed somewhere to vent. Covid is p'ing me off big style now. We are finally in a place where we feel ready to try for a second baby, and because of covid I'm having to go on a waiting list to have my IUD removed. 
    I'm really conscious that I'm 35 and having already had a miscarriage am worried of everything that can happen the longer I wait! 
    Just needed somewhere to vent without folk asking me very personal things! 
  • Awww Jen that's not good is it. Have they said how long the wait list is?
    I am 37 and not long had Harper, they said they only class you as higher risk now over 40. 
  • Hope you don't have to wait long. I had Emily at 35 and Rory at 37 so try not to get too worried about your age :) 

I want another one lol. My hubby says no 🙄❤️
  • Haa Lou I've literally only just realised you're the same age as me 🙈🤣 didn't even twig with the 83 at the end of your screen name like mine 
  • That's reassuring thanks ladies.
    I asked about how long a wait would be but they said they weren't allowed to say. It's at the sexual health clinic so they will obviously be prioritising the stds and unplanned pregnancy folk over the planned stuff. 
  • Can you not get an appointment with your practice nurse to get it removed Jen?
  • I wasn't sure if they did it. Will give them a call tomorrow, only called the sh clinic cos that's where I got it fitted
  • My sister in law (due in October 🥳) got hers out at the doctor so worth an ask 
  • 35 is young in reproductive terms these days! I was 37 when I had Brodie. I'm 40 in January. 😭 I got pregnant literally the first time we tried when I was 36. Don't believe all the horror stories about it taking a long time. 
  • Thanks ladies! Just worried if it takes a long time, il have changed my mind! 🤣
  • I think it's fab that three of us have had babies at 37. Yep don't believe the horror stories, I fell pregnant very quickly with both of mine.
    That said I did feel anxious that I wouldn't fall pregnant easily with Rory (at 36) but o did  xx

• Emily on a playdate and park and my little smiler ❤️

Emily is 1 week into potty training. She didn't do very well at nursery yesterday but apart from one poo escaping today we have been accident free 🤞🤞 we are getting there ❤️ xx
  • I bought a potty, and logan will sit on it....fully clothed or nappy on but not bare bum. So I think he's not quite ready for it, but he's getting there. Like he stands still to pee now
  • Emily just asked me on Friday to go downstairs so she could use the potty so I went with it.she had 4 excellent days apart from poos then day 5 we had a couple of accidents and yesterday in nursery, she didn't wee all morning in potty then had a couple of accidents, today I decided if there were lots of accidents to give it a break but she has had a good day today so will see what tomorrow brings xx
  • Arden’s been potty trained since January but we were extremely lucky he just wanted to copy his cousin. 

We had a fiasco with Arden’s nursery place. They gave us the one time model we said we couldn’t do so I had to phone council and stuff and find him another nursery. Thankfully we got our second choice with the ideal hours. Honestly so stressful. Roll on February! 
  • Honestly nursery is a bloody nightmare. No idea why it has to be but it always seems to be!