Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Michelle, big hugs. My hubby was hit by flu hard and that was difficult enough, you have had so much going on. Emily coped well with the chickenpox, she seemed to have everything wrong with her before she got them though. 

Zoenew, I hope that you all have a lovely party for Evies birthday xx
  • Aawww happy birthday to Evie, hope she has a fantastic party. 

Yeah im good now thanks all. Wasnt a great time but got through it. What will be will be is my outlook on life. Xxx
  • Hey! Have any of you had your 13 month review yet? Brodie scored high with motor skills etc but pretty low with communication as she's not really talking yet. She used to say mum and dada and ta but she's basically not said anything in ages. Still babbling away though! Should I be worried?! 🤔 
  • I had a year review but Emily was only 10 months. They said they were happy with how she moved.
    Emily doesnt talk, makes lots of noises but not words, my friends babies at same age dont speak either xx
  • We've had ours. Logan is fine for motor skills but the same as you for comms. Apparently he should be able to say 3 words by now which he doesn't. The only one he says consistently is dadadada. HV is going to call in a few months and see how he's progressing. Not overly concerned just now though as he blabbers away constantly.
  • Cooper was about 10 months too when he had his. She was concerned as he wasnt saying words but he has 4 older siblings who talk for him. And because i couldnt answer if he could turn a page in a book yet. 
  • Think they just like to worry us. Emily baubles but no words 🤷‍♀️
  • Aww that makes me feel so much better girls, thank you! He said she should be saying around 4 words now so it kind of worried me. He was talking about if she doesn't progress by next visit it will be a referral for speech and language... I don't think her sister was saying much at this stage either. Then all of a sudden she was yapping!! Brodie points and communicates and babbles so not like she's sitting silent in a corner 🤔 
  • Cooper says night and bye, hiya and grandad. But to an outsider its still babble, we understand cos we with him all the time. Col i wouldn't worry. If shes 3 and not saying words then fair enough. Im pretty sure Skye still wasnt talking properly when Cooper was born, she was 22 months, she called him Boofer or baba. 
  • We have our 13 month review next month. Arden only really clearly and consistently says dad and papa, occasionally mum.
    today he’s been doing really well at saying Arden though 😅 totally out the blue. We’ve had a really strange day with him 

Today, Arden has for the very first time; cut a top tooth, Climbed on something, stabbed food with his fork, said his own name, said ta, said buh-bye, shouted “nanana” for a banana every time I go near the fruit bowl and walked backwards (he’s been walking forward for almost 3 months)

• Haha, sounds like a good but strange day! Very productive for Arden! Brodie can't walk yet but she climbs everything. I find her on tables  My tv unit, the top of the couch etc. I can't leave her in her high chair for a second coz she unstraps herself and climbs it! 🙄
  • It was really the oddest day. I feel like all day his dad and I were saying “have you seen/heard him do that before? No have you?” I feel like he’s not done anything new for months then all this at once 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ooh god Col your nerves must be shattered! 
  • Thank you ladies!  we had the best party! We got Evie’s feet measured at Clark’s yesterday & She’s only just a 2 😂 sparkly little silver ones 😆 she’s so almost walking but won’t walk off on her own, only to and from me/si! 
    Ps - loving work! Wtf?! I get to sit still for a few hours 🤪
  • Those are the most adorable little shoes 🥰😍
  • This is what my days are like... 🙄 

• Omg col! Your heart must be in your mouth all the time! 
  • Totally out the blue Arden has learned to climb the stairs.
    stairgate being purchased pronto! Scared to take my eyes off him for a second now. colpage I don’t know how you cope
  • Yep  brodie does this too! All the way up... Gives me the fear! Stair gate is now up! 😂 
  • Evie shoots up the stairs! Can’t have a quick wee anymore 🙄