Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Brodie got weighed last week... She's 31st centile for  weight and 91st for height 😫 dunno where the hell she gets the height from! 
  • Lol, that’s brilliant though! Evie is so into her food now! I hope it’s joe a phase but the past few weeks she’s eating everything... makes me wonder if she got her tastebuds late or something 😂 xxx
  • This was Brodie today at her new class, Caterpillar Play. She loves it!

• Hi everyone, quick question - does anyone here use reusable nappies? If so, please do drop me a PM! 
  • For some reason my email. Is hiding notifications from you guys 😭
  • Yeh mine has started going into my spam box for some reason
  • And no matter how many times I press not spam it still goes there 😢
  • Bruises on her head because she's a wild child! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Arden’s covered in bruises too! 
    We have our 13 month check up on Tuesday. Can’t wait to get him measured. I keep thinking he’s short but his dad doesn’t think he is. 
    How are all the babies, or rather toddlers, doing? 

Mine keeps going in my junk mail too 
  • Brodie is long according to them but I don't think she is?! I keep thinking they're not measuring her properly... She's a real wriggler!

• Logan's still 99th centile for weight and height. He's bigger than some 2 year olds I've seen. Doing fine although permanently seems to have the cold between actual colds and teething! Still not quite walking, managing 3-4 steps but he's standing independently for longer and longer periods. 

Hope everyone else is doing well x
  • Cooper is an animal at the moment 😭 struggling with him throwing everything and hitting, no doesn't cut it and neither does distraction. He's like a bull in a china shop.
    There's no filling him at the moment either. Does not stop eating. 
    We've not heard about our 13 month check, he's almost 15 months now. She did say she would revisit as was concerned about his motor skills when he was smaller. Prob just turn up. They weighed and measured him at his 9 month check so I doubt they'd do it again. He was between 98th and 99th centile for height and weight then. He's same as logan, bigger than most in the nursery room above him, 2 year olds 🤣
  • Arden is being a bit difficult just now aswell. He’s got a serious attitude on him sometimes, I swear he Backchats me. Sort of glad I’ve no idea what he’s saying. He also throws everything, half the time won’t eat his dinner and just throws it at me. Other times he has me in stitches because he’s so funny.
    Also, the climbing is stressing me out 😅 trying not to mollycoddle him because I want him to be confident but fast approaching borderline reckless neglect 😣🙈

• Ha Arden and Brodie birthday twins and daredevil twins! We are honestly in the exact same boat here 😱 she will climb anything... Anything at all. She falls off stuff and doesn't even bother herself. Defo got my work cut out! 🙈 Brodie got weighed and measured at her 8 month check and her 13 month one Chelle. She's 25th centile weight and 91st height... Allegedly! She's only in 9 to 12 month clothes though and has lots of growing room. We still can't get Brodie to go to sleep at a normal time for a baby. She sleeps great once she's sleeping but her times are Crap!! 
  • Have any of your kids ever had a bad reaction to Calpol?
     We have been really struggling with Logan. Did a bit of research and it said that some babies react to the e numbers in actual Calpol, so we found a sub that had a lot less. He's been teething really badly so been giving him paracetamol but last night omg he was terrible, screaming in pain from wind and also having night terrors. 
    Looks like the paracetamol is the culprit! It's awful because you don't know what to give them instead as can only have nurofen 3 times and it has the same e number in it!!
  • Hi Jen. Haven't experienced anything similar but when we give Brodie calpol, she gets pretty hyper. I said this to Chris a few weeks ago, if we give her it for teething, she's then up ages as she seems to have loads of energy afterwards. Maybe they all react differently. I've pretty much stopped giving it to her as it does nothing for her anyway. When Kendall was a baby, there was another medicine called Medised but I'm sure they stopped selling it because folk were over using it. It made kids very sleepy so I think folk were using it for a good night's sleep! It was much better though. 
  • Jdoo said:
    Have any of your kids ever had a bad reaction to Calpol?
     We have been really struggling with Logan. Did a bit of research and it said that some babies react to the e numbers in actual Calpol, so we found a sub that had a lot less. He's been teething really badly so been giving him paracetamol but last night omg he was terrible, screaming in pain from wind and also having night terrors. 
    Looks like the paracetamol is the culprit! It's awful because you don't know what to give them instead as can only have nurofen 3 times and it has the same e number in it!!
    Hi @Jdoo, mind if we ask what kind of reaction? 
  • He gets so windy and uncomfortable, goes completely off his food and generally is miserable and whingey. Just completely out of character. We've found it takes a couple of days to notice though, probably as it builds up in his system. 
  • thanks @Jdoo that's really interesting, but not great for you guys. 
  • Oh no, poor Logan. None of my 4 have ever reacted to calpol. But do react to ibuprofen.