Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Toddlers

Replies

• Here's my little cowboy! Well and truly on his feet now and starting to jump down the stairs obviously determined to give me a heart attack! 

Congrats Lou, fingers crossed for you x
  • Congrats Lou! Are ye mad?! 😂 Emily looks like a cheeky monkey! I am missing the normality of baby groups etc too. At the moment I take Brodie a walk every day and we are out in the garden a fair bit but that's it. 

Aw jen, they keep you on your toes eh?! Jumping down stairs... I don't fancy that. 😂 I've had to baby proof all of my drawers as Brodie is obsessed with pulling everything out of them. 
  • @colpage127, I have  been questioning my sanity the last few days but wanted them close together so they can grow up together 🤷‍♀️🤞

Emily has just started walking so ordered her some reins. Luckily she doesnt jump down stairs just yet! Xx
  • Congratulations lou. Will be a similar age gap as my Skye and Cooper. I won't lie I have found it difficult and I have 2 big ones to help. But you get used to it. And yes baby groups and toddler groups help sooo much. I'm getting cabin fever now too. And we were meant to be flying to Tenerife today too 😭 shitty year so far for us. Hope everyone else is good xxx

• Arden is wild. He climbed out his cot during the night a few weeks ago. Thankfully we were able to move the mattress down once more. 
    I’m coping fine with the lockdown. Back at work tomorrow. I feel like the people losing their lives are getting closer and closer to home though. Can not wait for this to be over.
    arden is so awkward he doesn’t want to be in the back garden he just wants to go out front then he just runs to the car because the poor lamb wants to go out 🙈

hope you’re all well
  • Aww chech, he's like a proper wee boy now! 

This whole thing is very scary indeed. I'm glad you're all well. ❤️
  • He gets older looking with every passing day I wish he would slow down. I cut him and his dads hair 😂 it was just getting too long 

Emily congrats on the test. I too think you’ve lost your marbles but huge congratulations! 
  • Thanks everyone, starting to think I must be mad too! Sometimes Emily seems like such a  big girl but other times just like a little baby, cant believe I will have two by Christmas! Hoping everything calms down by then, dont want to do this alone! 
    Arden is such a cutie. He looks so grown up xx

• Emily has a new cycle helmet. She loves it 💕
  • She definitely looks grown up in that picture! Brodie still has a real baby look to her but I think it's the lack of hair! She's still in 9 to 12 month clothes with lots of growing room! 

How are your little ones getting on with talking now? 
  • Arden babbles like bill and Ben the flowerpot men 😂 everything is a flubadubadub 
    he has maybe 10 words but only when it suits him. His favourite words are “uh oh” and “aye” even though I’m trying to teach him to say yes instead 😅
    I’d say he’s probably middle of the road in his speech. He did say trailer yesterday when we were reading a tractor book and I was super shocked 
  • We are still just getting mum and dada. That's it... 🙄 She's very stubborn though, it worries me that she doesn't copy waving or anything. But... She babbles absolutely constantly and she clearly understands what I'm saying so I'm trying not to worry too much 😭
  • Cooper doesn't really say much, except yesterday out of the blue he sang Peppa pig peppa pig 😂🤣
    Enjoying the sunshine in the garden. 

• Logan is a wee babble machine but the only word I can make out is still dada. But everyone and everything is dada. He loves to look at himself in the mirror or my phone camera and has a full blown conversation in gobbledygook. 
    I'm a wee bit worried about his speech but there's obviously nothing I can do about just now! Wel see where we are at around 18 months and might ask to be referred to speech therapy. 
    Logan has definitely lost his baby looks now. He needs a haircut but I don't want to do it! He has too many baby curls! 
  • Such sweet photos. 
    Emily doesnt speak, she will say uh oh, and if she hears or sees a dog she will pretend to woof. She does babble with her tongue out which is cute. 
    She has just started grabbing my finger and walking me somewhere if she wants to be somewhere different and will do actions to familiar songs like, wind the bobbin up, baby club, if you're happy and you know it and gets so frustrated if she cant do something herself xx
  • Brodie sounds exactly like Logan! She has total conversations with herself in her own wee language. She understands what I'm saying, she points at alexa and shouts babbly stuff when she wants it on 😂 she claps and initiates things like 'row row row your boat' etc so I know she has understanding. I don't know if I'm maybe expecting too much! The health visitor had said he will contact me at beginning of May and if no spoken words she will be referred to speech and language. I thought it was a bit dramatic when he said this but I think I'll just take any extra input. I'm hoping she just picks up with her talking all of a sudden though! 🙈
  • Congratulations Lou! That’s so exciting! We keep thinking about no 2 as we think Evie will definitely want a little play mate- not mad enough for it yet though 🙈😂 
    Evie has been walking for a while now, she looks far too small to be doing so. She’s 14 months we’re still in 6-9 months clothes haha! 
    She’s SO clever waving, clapping dancing & singing says Mumma, dadda, Alf (our dog) bird, duck, & more. Isn’t it crazy how much they understand... I say bath time and she walks straight to the bath on her tip toes looking in. Snack? Straight to the cupboard haha! 
    I am absolutely loving this age 🥰 she’s got curly wacky hair 😂
  • @zoenew Evie is so cute and tiny. 
    Is she ok keeping hairclips in? Emily needs them but not sure she will keep them in.
    Yes I always wanted Emily to have a playmate, we thought age two would be a good age, by the time I am back from maternity Emily should get free nursery. I fell pregnant straight away so a bit earlier than planned, still cant believe I will have two babies by Christmas 💕💕
  • Lou, that’s amazing- you must be so excited!! Evie pulls her bows out and gives them back to me to put back in & then pulls them out again 🙈 so I just leave them out. Some days she dosent mind at all! 
    We have in our minds next summer to try but we may completely change that either way! Just loving this age atm!