Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hysterical isn't the word!

Well, something happened almost overnight, my generally chilled well behaved (as much as you can expect anyway) two years and 3months old toddler has turned into a little person that I hardly recognise??? His behaviour is unreal, if his demands are not met instantly all hell breaks loose, sobbing, throwing himself on the floor, screaming till he's almost sick and will only be consoled by me giving him lots of cuddles to calm him down. I don't know whats happened, I mean I accept that they will go through phases but its as if some awful life event has happened (it has'nt) and he sobs at the slightist thing? Please tell me I'm not alone in this, I'm starting to feel like I'm really doing something awfully wrong for him to be so emotional about everything? He gets lots of positive attn from both me and my husband all the time, playing and interacting plus we go out and do things regularly, different music and football classes etc HELP? Jude

Replies

• Hi, Thankyou for your replies, it is nice to know that others go through it. My son has been slightly better lately, or could it be that I am learning to deal with it better??? Not sure but hey we have good days and rubbish ones but I can honestly say the good ones are outweighing the bad so roll on the next chapter in his bid for everything that is independent!! xxx