Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Child always on the go?

I cant believe Ive just logged on and found this mail. Ive just had the most wild afternoon with my 2yr old daughter. I have two children, but the youngest is only 12 wks, so not quite as energetic yet. My 2yr old always has bags of energy, from the second she wakes to the second she goes to bed. She still has an hour sleep in the day, but seems to be slowly weaning herself off that. She talks constantly (which is great), but she just doesnt seem to stop going. She has to be doing something different all the time, so I tend to take her out a lot, to things like playbarn, swimming, tumbletots, the park etc, just so she can burn off energy. This afternoon, she wound herself up so much, she was literally jumping onto the chair and bouncing off. Im surprised she didnt hurt herself. The strange thing is, she doesnt eat or drink junk, she adores fruit, which is what she mostly eats, and has a healthy diet. I just dont know where she gets her energy from. If anyone has the same experience, please let me know. Itd be great to get some tips on calmng them down.
Kas xx

Replies

• maisy is the same as kas little one she is 3 and as soon as she wakes she is on the go all day sometime she doesnt have sleep either!!
    if we go somewhere new that she doesnt know she sits for about 5 mins checks the place out then shes of again. she has been like this since she could walk and hasnt stopped talking since she started!! (she sometimes talks in her sleep too !!)
    when weather is good we go to park with a ball on let her run riot as long as she want just for a break, or go to indoor play centre
    cant send emails at moment for some reason but can recieve
    email me with your other contact details (rachmaisy@yahoo.co.uk)
    Rachelxx
  • Hi Rachel, its so great to hear that Im not the only one with a lively child. Niamh and Maisy sound exactly the same. Like Maisy, I caught Niamh talking ( very loudly) a few times in her sleep. Thank goodness for indoor play centres! Does Maisy eat a lot? Niamh seems to be hungry all the time. Shes always asking for snacks! Hope to hear from you again.
    Kas x
  • hi kas
    they sound like the same child. Maisy is always hungary and like your little one she always eats fruit and veg.

Where abouts do u live!
    Hope to hear from u soon
    Rachelxx
  • Hi Rachel, we live in Northamptonshire. I cant believe how similar the girls sound. Is Maisy your only child? We have another little girl,12wks. How does Maisy sleep at night? Do you have many indoor play centres where you live?
    Kas x
  • hi kas
    Maisy is an only child and will probably stay that way.(i dont think i've got energy for another!!!)

Maisy sleeps very well(thank god) bed between 7 - 8 doesnt wake in night only when ill up again between 6.30 - 8 in the morning. I can't realy complain!!
    we have got 2 playcenters close by one in walking distance the other about 5 mins in car.
    have a lovley weekend speak to u soon

Rachelxx
  • HI Rachel,
    Its great wen they sleep well isnt it? Makes it easier to cope. Thankfully our baby daughter started sleeping through at 2wks also.
    I had a really good day yest with Niamh.She was still on the go all day, but much calmer thank goodness. I think its becase the weather was nice enough to let her into the garden.
    Anyway, hope you and Maisy have a great weekend.
    Speak next week hopefully. Keep me posted
    kas x
  • hi kas
    Maisy still on the go all the time, how are you doing?
    Rachxx
  • Hi Rach, Niamh still on the go too. Am learning how to cope with v energetic 28 month old and 4 month old. Im getting there now. Hows things with you? Do you think you'll have another?
    Kas xx
  • Oh my gosh, Ive just seen another message of yours, saying you are getting married on 19th July. I got married on 19th July '03. Am also 26 yrs old. Spooky!!
  • hi kas
    that is abit spooky more in common than just mad children!!!!!!!!
    no plans for any more children!!
    Rachxx