Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! my 3 year old boy

Hi my 3 year old has started to become so naughty. He hurts his little sister of 10months and jusy wont do as he's asked.I have a naughty step and that doesnt work. He;ll sit their then continue with his strops because he cant get his own way.What to do anyone? It's getting me down.

Replies

• Options
    hi andrea
    i feel for you, my daughter is 3 and I am having simular problems, she is always seems to be in a mood, tantrums when cant get own way. she sometimes shouts and pulls nasty faces.i've tried time out but she just cries & screams until i go back to her.
    i do try to keep my cool and blank out the tantrum and sometimes it does work.
    i am trying a new approach and i will see how i go.....when she has tantrum get down to her level and try to talk to her to calm her down and ask her to tell me whats wrong..
    do u think this might work!!!!

Rachel xx
    (ps. do u think your son hurts his little sis because he feels left out or that he isnt getting enought attention!!)
  • Options
    Hi Gracey.
    Great to hear from you!! I'm normal!!! yipee!!!.
    Jak Made me cry yesterday. I felt i couldn't cope anymore. It was his last day at playgroup til September and he didnt want to leave so he sat on the floor refusing to move shouting "no i dont want to!"Everyone was staring at me.When we got home i just cried.Jak knew he had been very Naughty and asked me whats wrong then he gave me a big hug! My sweet boy was back!!!!and he was great for rest of the day. Kelsey my nearly 11month old cheered me up too by standing like a surfer dude all by herself.
    Kids have been good today so far. How about yours?
    Andrea
    x
  • Options
    Hi Rachel
    Good to hear from you. I'm normal!!!! Let me know how you get on with the 'getting down to little ones level' Think i'll try that one myself. I do remember when Jak was about 19 months old and i did that and he flew at me because he wanted to go out with his daddy!Not done it since but he's older now...That was the only terrible 2 outburst we had from him. Rest of the time he's been an angel until Kelsey arrived...We made sure he got lots of attention. Maybe its the other kids at his playgroup that have changed him? Yesterday he sat on the floor at playgroup and refused to come home. I cried and he gave me a big hug.
    Andrea
    x
  • Options
    Hi Gracey!
    Things seem to be going well today. Kelsey has just gone for her nap. I was online when you replied to me but kelsey switched the computer off then demanded food.Jak happy today he's watching "cats and dogs" at the moment and ealier we played hide and seek which is his favourite game and sung nurseryrymes. Husband is at work and i have my parents coming later.Mum's been to the the next sale and bought clothes for the kids which is very nice.So nothing exciting planned today for me.I'm also dog and bird sitting. The inlaws have gone away for two weeks and have got caught in the M5 Traffic this morning. So they not happy and yes its started to rain again yipee!!
    What you up to today? It;s lovely having your child fall asleep in your arms but it always makes me sleepy. Has your husband fallen asleep?
    Andrea
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Gracey
    Well my weekend was fine.Shame about the weather!!!
    Me and Jak had lots of fun and he was good as gold. Until his Daddy came home from work....Kelsey bless her kept doing her new party trick [standing}all weekend which was great.This morning i thought i'd have to go to A&E because Jak pushed Kelsey over and she went flying into the fire place!!! She cried a bit then seemed alright and i kept an eye on her for anything out of the ordinary...
    Me oooh i'm old i'm 35. Been married 4 years and with him 5 years.He's my toyboy aged 27 so i'm a young 35!!! We live in Lincolnshire and my friends all have kids in there teens so they done the nappies stage and dont want to know.
    What age are you.Where do you live? and your kids names are really beautiful.
    Love
    Andrea xx
  • Options
    Thanks love. It means alot knowing others are in the same boat as me.I hope your 4 year old settles down too
    Andrea
    x
  • Options
    Hi. Sorry i've not replied earlier.
    School? how exciting for you. and probably a bit sad. Jak doesn't go til a year in September but does go to a playgroup every morning. He said the F word this morning after i caught him drawing on my walls!! He sat in time out and seems to be behaving himself at the momemt.
    Jak was fantasic when i was expecting Kelsey and when she arrived he wasn't bothered. She's very close to walking and i think he doesn't understand that Kelsey cant do things like him, which frustrates him so he appears rough.How's your little one and the bunp?
    andrea
    xx
  • Options
    Hi
    How are things with your two little ones? It's tough having two quite close together. You expect them to be best of friends but all they do is bicker and fight grabbing all the attention. I'm supprised i have any hair left and i'm so sick of saying "no stop that" I have just started to take favorite toys and dvd's off Jak and it seems to work. I tell him that he can have them back one at a time when he behaves himself. Worth a try? Shame they dont come with a manual but if you've ever watched 'super nanny'You'll probably think your kids are not that bad thank goodness!!
    Andrea
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Gracey
    Jak said the F word this morning for the firsttime ever. I was well I caught him drawing on my walls!!! Still He said sorry and knew it was wrong. i took his favorite toys off him as punishment and he's been angel ever since.
    Ireland? What part? I used to go to the outskirts of Belfast quite a bit a few years ago when i was with my ex. His dad lived their. I seem to think that his village/town was where the Northern Ireland parliment was but i cant think for my life what its called. Fantasic eating place their and a Loche.Maze Prison wasn't too far.
    Anyway. How are things with you? I did a 'first tooth dance' when both my kids got there 1st. Silly i know but it's a milestone I might be old but the kids are making me stupid and i certainly dont act my age. I'm new to this chatting thing as i only got the net 2 weeks ago!!! so go easy on me
    Love Andrea
    xxxx
  • Options
    hi everyone
    Hows things not getting much better with maisy I have tried takingmy own advice and getting down to her level and talk through her problem but she isn't taking any notice.
    Any other advice would be greatly recieved!!!
    Rachel xx
  • Options
    Hi Rachel
    Have you tried taking her favorite toys off her as punishment. I did it for the first time to Jak the other day and it worked for me.Hopefully it will keep working. I also stopped him watching cbeebies because he drew all over my living room walls It's funny now what he did but not at the time.Hope it works for you!!
    Andrea
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Gracey
    Thinking about having another baby hey?Jak wanted to walk all over the place from about 18 months old but we couldn't go far because he would get tired and his Daddy would end up carrying him. If i was in your shoes i'd probably be trying for another baby in about 5 months time.Did you conceive quickly with your boys? had no problems?
    Jak will be 4 in March on the 10th and in away i wish i'd had my kids when i was younger then i would of had a third. but i didn't meet Paul early enough The next few days and into the weekend suppose to be Sunny here so we're off to see some animals. Going to the park to play cricket and football. Have a picnic or two and throughly enjoy the sun
    Speak soon
    Love Andrea
    xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Dizzy
    How's your phone? The little monkey.
    When is your due date? I know how you feel about second time round and the lack of time for yourself to be pampered. I was very tired second time round but jak wanted loads of attention so i gave him it.Even some days i forgot about the bump and was playing football in the garden!!My nails never got painted and my hair just got scapped back and everyday seemed just so rushed.
    when do you finish work? planning to go back? Do you know the sex of the baby? Nosey arnt i?
    Speak soon
    Love Andrea
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Gracey
    We've been to the park this morning me and the kids. Played football and a bit of Cricket. It;s about 25 mins walk so hopefully that counts as exercise Kelsey she sleeps 2 hours after lunch in her cot so we had to be back for lunch. Paul is upstairs in bed as he was at work lastnight so i got my ironing done. Jak bless him he's bouncing on the trampoline with the neighbours 2 boys as they are moving out today so i'm looking after them.
    I fell very quickly with both my 2 kids. Came off the pill and bang pregnant!Jak was a honeymoon baby and Kelsey? well we just wanted another. Have you done anything nice today? Anymore teeth on the way? Kelsey has 7 at the front at the moment and i think her back ones are soon to appear. She's drooling badly and chewing anything (including my shoulder and kneecaps!)little monkey. And no i dont think your mad wanting another baby.I think your very brave
    Love
    Andrea
    xxxx
    ps we could email if you want rather than come on to the site. But i'm happy if your uncomfortable with that. x
  • Options
    hi andrea
    i have tried taking her toys off her but she just screams and get angry. i think most of my problem is that i give in just because i dont want to argue with her.
    My partners words of wisdom are that she is spoilt by my parents and me. dont know how true this could be because i do give in.
    Anyway she's has been an angel since sunday both me and her dad on hols normally she would play up but she hasn't,,maybe calm before storm lol

Rachxx
  • Options
    Hi Rachel
    I hope its not the carm before the storm! It's strange how the kids behave themselves when Daddy is home. It's the same here and i'm sure Daddy thinks it's a doddle looking after kids all day! Enjoy the sun. We are going to play cricket now at the playing fields.
    Love Andrea
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Dizzy
    How are you feeling? I've not been on the site for a few days beacause of a migrain that i seen to get every month!! I certainly cant see the computer screen as i can barely move my head. Paul had to come home from work to look after the kids which was great and lucky as we dont have anyone else to look after them. Sunny here but quite breezy so several of our balls have gone next door ooops and Paul off work now for a week so thats nice.
    How do you find it working whilst heavly pregnant? When i was pregnant with Jak i had to give it up by 7 months even though i sat at a desk. Too tired and couldn't concentrate. Hope work has been looking after you? What sort of work do you do? I was in Admin/reception/advertising/rep for a local newspaper and loved it! Shame i gave it up but i do hope to return one day to the same line of work.
    Love Andrea
    XX
  • Options
    Hi Gracey
    Not doing much today although it is still sunny but quite breezy.Probably go to the playing field to play cricket later as Daddy is home so the four of us can go.
    Kelsey has a back tooth coming through so she is a bit grumpy and yesterday she took the smallest of tiny steps which was soooo exciting. She maybe walking before her 1st Birthday which is at the end of the month We went shopping in toys r us yesterday for her present and had to buy Jak another toy car so he did'nt feel left out.
    Whats the best action to take about swapping emails?
    Love
    Andrea xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Gracey
    I sent you a message earlier with my email address Hope you got it?
    Yesterday i had Mum and Dad around in the afternoon which was nice. Kelsey's 1st birthday is in 2 weeks and they are both working then so they dropped her presents off. Although Dad is 66 i caught him jumping on the trampoline with Jak. It was soooo funny .
    We've got the in laws coming this afternoon. They have been in Cornwall for 2 weeks and we've been looking after there dog and parrot. So bye bye DOG HAIRS!! and bye bye BIRD SEED all over the floor And Cleaning here i come!
    When i night potty trained Jak it was his decision. On new years eve he just said he didin't want a night nappy on anymore. I made sure he didn't have a drink after 6pm. He would be in bed by 8pm (so would have a wee then)and i got him up about 2am for the loo (he was still quite sleepy, sat him on the loo and told him to wee)then he would last til 7.30am. had a Couple of accidents and he was dry after 2 weeks. I stopped getting him up at 2am and just trusted him to get up.
    What you been up to this weekend? Kelseys teeth hurt and so do my fingers where she had bitten me whilst i have been putting the teething gel on!!I got teeth inprints on my fingers!
    Email soon
    Love Andrea
    xxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Dizzy
    I've been to the Doctors about my migrains and i've swapped my oral pill many times as it seems to be Hormone related. My pill break is when i get them and have done since i was 19, oh and when i drink alcohol which is really crap . Maybe i should try the injection? Do you know much about the injection? All i know after 17 years of pain, throwing up and dreading whats to come surely something can be done. How's the bump? Everything ok? any cravings? i didn't have any how boring is that? Can you sleep?
    Love Andrea
    xx