Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

My 3 year old won't eat breakfast!

hi everyone

Need abit of advice recently maisy has been refusing to eat her breakfast. It's not that she doesnt like it, she chooses her own and i have never had this problem before.

At night time she then says that she is hungary

Anyone else had or having this problem, any advise welcome.
Rachelxx

Replies

• hi gracey
    i will try giving her toast at night, i trhink she does it for attention so if i stop making it such a battle she hopfully will start to eat again
    Thanks
    Rachxx
  • Hi Rachel,
    I dont have the prob with breakfast, but a while ago, I had the same problem with lunch and dinner. Niamh chose what she wanted but refused to eat it. It was worrying at the time, but I made myself stay calm. I would encourage her to eat, if she didnt, I wouldnt make an issue of it, just remove her from the table, and say, "thats ok Niamh, but if you arent hungry, theres no yogurt or pudding afterwards". We had a few tantrums, which we ignored. After a while though, she soon gave in. Whilst this was happening however, we gave Niamh healthy snacks at snacktime, like fruit, or toast or even cereal, therefore, she was still getting a decent amount of food into her.
    Sorry its such a long message. Hope it helps.
    Let us know how you get on Luv Kas xx
  • hi gracey & kas
    It must have just being a temp thing back to 'normal'.
    But getting funny about dinner but will take your advice and not make it a big deal. she does have healthy snacks anyway, so i dont realy know why im a worrying.
    thanks again
    Rachelxx
  • if roberts bored of the same breakfast he refuses to eat , so i change it for a while

then he'll go back to eating what he normally has

HTH

Claire
    xx