Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

3rd Birthday ideas

Hi Boo,

For Jack's 3rd birthday we had a party at Brewsters pub. They had a family area with soft play and they did two party games, food, cake, and play for 1 and a half hours for approx £7 per Child. Like you I didn't fancy the hassle with having a young baby and Jack loved it. Some of my friends have never had parties for their children, but when you see the look on their face it'd worth it and you don't have to spend a fortune.

Let me know what you decide to do.

Zoe x

Replies

• Hi Boo,
    I was 9 months pregnant on Niamhs birthday, so I didnt want the stress of cooking, providing games etc for lots of kids.
    We went to our local pub/restaurant where they have a big wacky warehouse (soft play centre). They do great party combinations. All we had to do was provide the cake. The party is 2 hours long, the kids play for 1 hour, then they have food, cut the cake etc, then play for the last little while, then theyprovide party bags etc. It was so hassle free and only about £5 to £7 per child depending what party pack you want. Would highly recommend it.
    Kas xx
  • Hi Boo,

The adults do appreciate it as they often stay and have a drink and a meal while the parties on. Sometimes it isn't worth going back home to have to go back to do the pick up so it's worth looking into. One thing I will just say is not all children like it when the adult dressed as a bear walks in. Jack is one of those children so i've always requested they don't turn up but at other peoples parties I have to ask them to let me know so i can remove Jack before he screams!!

Good luck. x
  • i was 38 weeks pregnant at Ethans 2nd birthday party and because of all the groups we go to, we had 20 children to invite! I hired a hall (local community centre about £20) and booked Rhythm Time, it's a company that do Ethans music classes and also do parties. It was £35 and absolutely brilliant all the children joined in and were playing large drums, tambourines triangles etc as well as singing and dancing.
    For the food i kept it simple by asking parents in advance childs prefered sandwhich and put it along with juice carton crisps frube yoghurt, cake etc in a lunch box (like the happy meal ones). It was surprisingly easy and everyone loved it.
  • Hi Tasha,

My friends doing that for next Sunday. They have hired a church hall and are having the bouncy castle indoors. It sounds like a great idea and the kids will love it. Just keep the Men away, they seem to turn into 5 year olds when they see a bouncy castle and you don't want that!!

If you have no luck with a bouncy castle, try your local yellow pages for a childrens entertainer, there are some good ones out there.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Zoe x
  • Hi Boo

Glad the party went well and Zoe had a good time!!!!