Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Biting - OUCH HELP!!!

Oh Dear, my son William never quite got that daring, but he gave it a good go! I know what you mean about it being hard not to show reaction and maybe in this case he should know it hurts? We resorted to a bit of theatrical crying and saying 'don't hurt Mummy/Daddy, give kisses' it took a while for him to catch on and he would go to bite, then quickly change to a kiss! This may not work for Edgar, but it's probably worth a try as has been successful for a few of my friends too!
Hope this helps,
Emma

Replies

• Hi, Im new to this! But I will give you my advice anyway!! My middle son Tate went through an awful stage of biting from when he was about one until very recently (he was two last week) I became pregnant with baby no.3 when Tate was only 10 months old. So at first I thought it was an attention thing. However I think it is really just the fact that this is the best way they can express themselves at such a young age and get such a reaction!! I was petrified that Tate would attack the new baby! Luka is now 6 months old and bite free. Tate has basically outgrown the biting - almost!! We are now onto tantrums instead!!