Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Charlotte starts nursery on Monday!

Hi girls,

Well Charlotte turned two on the 13th and she'll be starting nursery on Monday!!

I'm feeling ok(ish) about it at the minute because I think it will do her good, and she has been there the last three weeks on the trot for an hour session and loved it. It's just accepting she's getting older and growing up I'm finding difficult especially as a third is highly unlikely. It's scary!!

Zoe xx

Replies

• No wonder you fell nervous Zoe, it is a big thing but also very exciting!! From what you've already said it sounds as though she's already settled brilliantly!

How often will she be going and is it whilst you're at work?

I hope she gets on great, make sure you let us know how it goes!! x x x
  • She'll be going Monday 8.30 -1 and Wednesday 8.30-1. I work Tuesday and Wednesday morning so I'll have 'free' time on a monday morning.

I will let you know how Monday goes.

Zoe xx
  • i know its quite nerve wracking, and its good that shes had that settling in period!! once she starts, you wont look back, i cant imagine niamh not going to playschool now, it does her so much good, and shes developed so much in social skills since starting, and adores it, she even came home the other day asking to stay one day for lunch, so im thrilled she enjoys it, but it is very scary how quick they grow up.
    hope it all goes well for you both and let us know how she gets on. oh, and enjoy your free time!!
    take care
    kas xx
  • Hi Zoe,
    It does just go so fast, the fast day you will be watching the clock waiting to go and get her im sure. But you will soon love your Monday mornings to yourself. And as the others have said it will do her so much good, she will love it im sure! Tate starts after Easter but the sessions are short 9-11.45 so you can't get much done or even go to work really, im looking forward to it, he's ready now I think
  • Hiya Zoe

I hope Monday goes well, it sounds like she's quite well settled there already. Enjoy your free time, it's more time for you to come on here!!!
  • Hi Zoe
    I to hope charlotte enjoys nursery, it sounds like she is quite settled there already!
    You will soon get used to it and think of all the work you can get done or the amount of posts on pp!lol
  • Hi Zoe, Sounds like Charlotte is enjoying herself there. Enjoy the free time on mondays too. When we move back home, I would like to get Jake into playgroup one or two mornings a week. He loves playing with other children, well when he's not in a grumpy mood and pulling hair!
    xx
  • Thank you for your comments. Deep down I know she'll be ok it's just me!!

I am sure there will be days I do nothing but come on here, but the idea is I use my time to do things I can't do easily with Charlotte with me like shop for clothes, or meet friends at coffee shops for a drink and cake!! Oh yes and housework gets done quicker when you don't have to stop every five minutes!! Just a few hours of me time to keep me sane and catch up on things if necessary.

This week Jack's off school so James and I get a whole morning just with Jack which will be nice and help the time pass.
  • Hope Charlotte has a nice time on Monday Zoe - as we were discussing last week - you'll have some lovely Jack and Mummy time next week which will make the day zoom by x
  • Thanks Sarah. We've bought a paint your on piggy bank from Tesco today so we are going to do that tomorrow. Jack is excited by that.
  • Hi Zoe
    I hope you enjoy your time alone with Jack! Those paint your own things are fab!!! He will love having you all to himself!! If charl enjoys nursery half as much as bronwyn it will be great!! It sounds as if she is pretty settled anyway.
  • An hour to go and i'm feeling quite nervous about today! Silly I know, I can't help it.

x
  • Ooohhh Good luck both of you!!!!

And it's not silly at all, i cried when i first dropped Ethan off, you'll soon learn to love it!!!
  • Hi zoe, i have just spotted this post. I hope charlotte enjoyed her morning at nursery. And i hope you enjoy your monday mornings spending time doing what you want to do.
    I dont know what i am going to be like when Hollie starts at playschool. At the moment it seems such a long way away and i think i will be fine, but when the time comes i think i may well be nervous.
    Charlotte will have finished now, but hope she enjoyed and i hope you enjoyed your morning with Jack too.
    Let us know how she got on.

Karen xx
  • Hi All,

She was fine!!! She had homemade cottage pie, veg and icecream for dinner and ate the lot! When me and Jack went to get her she was in the garden playing...with the boys!! She's been in her eliment.

Jack enjoyed painting his piggy bank, it's dry now so he'll put his money into it soon. We had a busy morning after dropping Charlotte off. Molly was at the vets for her booster, we painted the piggy, went to Tubby Bears to organise Jack's party for April had lunch then went to pick her up, it has gone quickly, i haven't been clock watching at all.

Zoe xx
  • That's great zoe and sounds like she has made some friends already. I'm glad you weren't clock watrching because now the first day is over she will be fine and you can relax.

It sounds like Jack enjoyed his morning too, i bet he is pleased with his piggy bank and cant wait to show it to charlotte.

x
  • are we going to see the piggy bank Jack?!
  • I'll put it on tomorrow for you to see!!