Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Toddler party bags!

I'm having a joint birthday party for my daughters at the begining of March. They will be 3 and 1 within a week of each other. Hence all the children invited are under 4 years. I'm having difficulty finding suitable toys to put in the party bags as most toys are only suitable for over threes. Was just wondering if ne on had had a baby/toddler party and what they found to put in the bags which was suitable from a year old?
Thank you, Sarah x x x

Replies

• Hi sarah, its difficult isnt it! I had several lo's at my daughters 1st b/day in Nov. i bought the usual little fiddly things for the older kids, and for the tots i got little friction cars and some little bath toys (ducks, squirty's etc. obviously age-appropriate). dont fret over it, i just kept reminding myself that they are too young to care or even notice what they have in their bags, (it we're honest I think we worry more about impressing the parents anyway!! :lolimage

Just relax and enjoy your lo's birthdays, and dont worry too much about the bags! Good luck hun xx
  • hi, playdoh is suitable from 2 years (other brands usually from 3+ mainly cos it's not as soft) you can get little tubs in a bag (about 15-20 little tubs i think) which are great for party bags. or a normal size tub sometimes has a charecter stamper on top (i've seen teletubbies, in the night garden and my little pony) or i think argos do a set that has loads of tubs and cutters etc for around ??15, you could then divide it up in the bags so each child gets some dough and a cutter or two, obviously give the older children the more difficult ones to use. my daughter loves playdoh, we had it out 5 times yesterday!!!!! she's only 21 months but has been playing with it for a while now. she's just started using the rolling pin to flatten it out and she's impressed that she's done it herself. i used it under close supervision at first incase she tried to eat it, which she would try and sample the flavours, but now i can let her play with it whilst i get on with washing pots and just keep popping my head around when she has something to "show" me.
  • Personally, I didn't do party bags.
    I made sure that everyone got a little book or music CD from the pass the 'parcel game' and sent everyone home with a piece of cake. I also got Grace (with lots of help from me!) to make thank you cards for everyone. I thought this was more personal than plastic toys that last two minutes and get binned!
  • Tesco home do a great selection of little toys for 1 year olds. My lo was one a few weeks ago and I had a mix of four and one year olds. For the babies I bought them a maraca or tambourine, some crayons for 12 months and over and a fish for the bath, all cheap and from tesco home,
  • Thank you for all your replys girls! Decided to go with the play doh idea and also put a few sweets and and choc milky way stars in each. Also put in animal masks as young kids seem to love them!! Hav'nt done bags for the under ones as I thought it might get a bit complicated. Everyone has the same in each bag so it's fair and they're aren't ne arguements!!! Party is on Sat so hope it all goes well! Thanx again for your replys, Sarah x x x