Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dads at home with toddler

Any other dads doing toddlers at home out there? - we live in the world of professional women!

Replies

• Options
    Your brave!!! lol!

My hubby used to until a few months ago but finally managed to find some work! He would never have come on here tho - he thinks this is some kind of cult!!! : )

welcome anyway
  • Options
    Nope, not here. My hubby would love to stay at home with the littlies but he earns a lot more than I would so we don't have a choice. Shame really as I am an undomesticated slob and he's very good at the housework :lol:
    Welcome to BE
    xx
  • Options
    claire a belle lol at cult,my hubby calls it the same

that or for some reason man hating website hhmmmmmmmm

welcome to BE martin,there is a dads section but its very quiet here on the dad posting front x
  • Options
    your very brave! my oh can only manage them every other weekend when it is my weekend to work, any longer and i think that her would go insane! lol
    you dont see many dads on here, it terrifys my oh lol, welcome to be. x
  • Options
    Hi there, I haven't come across many dads on here, but I know a few dads from groups/classes I have taken my little one to, and they have really enjoyed sharing the childcare. My husband works full time (I work part-time) so he only sees our little boy at the weekend, but it would be lovely if he could be with him in the week too. Hope you're enjoying your role!
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to BE! We don't get many dads on here tbh so it will be refreshing to get a male opinion on things. Though if you start any 'grrr...women' rant posts I don't think you'll have much support :lol:

I think it's great for a dad to be looking after the kids. I'd love to swap with my hubby and let him be a house hubby for a few months while I worked, but it wouldn't work for us financially just now.

xxx

• Options
    My oh is also a full time dad after being made redundant last year, we swopped roles so i work full time and he does childcare! Our lo has benefited no end to have daddy around, although he's not quite so good at taking him to toddler groups like i used to he does things that i never got round to.

You are not alone!! Although my oh doesn't come on here!
  • Options
    My hubby does most of the childcare for our lo. he went pt evenings and weekends when I went back to teaching ft. He loves it but would never come on here