Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Long journeys

Hiya

We're goin away 4 xmas, and we'll be doin at lot of long car journeys and also a couple of long boat journey's. We'll be stopping for regular breaks when we're driving, but was just wondering has ne1 got ne tips for keeping lo occupied in the car and on the boat.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks xx

Replies

• In the car my los is very content listening to nursery rhymes and me singin! I currently have the old macdonald farm cd from elc. You may want to consider sitting in the back with you lo for some of teh journey so you lo can see you and you can play with her or read a book etc. Bit mo interesting and breaks the journey up for your daughter too. We try adn drive when our lo is likely to nap.
    On a side note, out lo has a multi purpose sleeping bag so she is comfy owhen sleeping in her car seat on journeys. It has an opening at the back and two zips, so she can be strapped in but still have the usual leg room in her sleeping bag.

On the boat (havent been with ours), if the weathers nice walking around and showing her the new experience. My lo is kept happy this way, probably because she is nosey!

I think I would just break the journey up and plan in where she would be sleeping, when she will be hungry and when you think she would be most alert or whinging then plan in toys around it. That way she wont be bored with the same toys and her interest in things will still be active - that doesnt sound right but I know what I eman lol!
  • Thanks for the ideas. Good idea bout planning the toys so they're still excitin. Am dreading the journey tbh