Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Separation Anxiety

Hi ladies hope you are all well,
Neve is 14 months and in the last week or so seems to have a bit of separation anxiety - she is very clingy and whiney (I had to have a wee with her sat on my lap a few days ago!) and when I leave the room she runs after me crying and gets really upset if I ignore her behaviour. She won't stay with oh when I am near and seems to want to be touching me all the time. I think she is also teething a little too but I wondered if there is anything I can do to help her feel better and if any of you have been through this phase with your lo's, how long did it last!

Replies

• James goes thru this when he's feeling off colour. I try to make a little extra time for him and sit, snuggle and read a book. If I have to get something done I try to find things for him to be doing but staying close e.g. giving him a duster to help cleaning or sitting in his highchair to colour if I'm cooking. If i walk past him I just touch his head or give him a little kiss as reassurance. I suppose I give into him a little bit but it is usually for just a few days. As far as playing with my OH we try do play things that all 3 of us can play like chasing or ball. The answer really is loads of communication and reassurance.