Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Some help/advice THANK U

Please can any one help???
When my son turned 2 we decided to potty train him and within a week he was clean he doesn't wear nappy's in the day or nap time just at bedtime 4 months on and he just started wetting himself. For the past to weeks he has been wetting himself 4/5 times a day and i am going nuts. I have cut down on the drink he has but he is still wetting himself! I am trying to stay chilled but i am starting to lose the plot.
Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have any suggestions?
If i tell him that is naughty to wet him self he says 'O well No Matter'
He doesn't wet when were out walking or shopping just at home.
Thank you
Gemma :\?

** Today went well. I spent more time with my little one and he wet himself once and i took away a toy and we only had 1 wet pair of pants much improved from yesterday he did a total of 6.
Thank you both for your advice**

[Modified by: gembags on 16 February 2009 21:10:50 ]

Replies

• we have just been talking about this in our parenting classes and what they said was its to do with attention.. if he wets himself he knows it will take at least 15 mins of ur time to get him changed and clean thats 15 mins attention he gets from you one to one. ( im by no means saying you dont give him attention) but we all know that when they are playing nicely on their own we tend to crack on and do things that need doing.
    dont tell him off for it either as he is getting attention there too..
    they suggest giving them pants and trousers and telling them to change themselves... after a week or so he will realise he isnt gonig to get ur attention by wetting himself but make sure you give him attention when he is playing on his own just a friendly " ur playing nicely" is enough for him not to feel ignored.. .
    And when u finished what ur doing ask him if you can play too even if you can only give him 5 mins!

hope ive helped a bit and not waffled too much! xx
  • Thank you very much. That brings something to mind He keeps asking us to play with him and oh having work and me having a house to sort we don't play with him much as we could. Thank you for replying.
  • Hi, if its any help i went through this with my wee boy last year. He was dry and clean during day for 3 or 4 months then started having more and more accidents. He was 2 and half.

We picked him up from nursery one night and he had gone through 5 sets of clothes and i said enough!!

I sat him down and told him if he pees in the toilet he will get a sweetie (which he never really has), and if he does it in his pants i will take away his toy.

Within an hour he peed his pants and i said fine, im taking away a toy and did it there and then. Much crying!!! Then later when he did it in the toilet he got a sweetie and his toy back.. Within 2 days he was fine, and started waking up in the night to shout for the toilet, so it worked at night as well!!!!

I think anything is worth a try

Good luck

Gemm x
  • I have tried the toy thing i am starting to get more toys in my room hidden than he has in his toy box lol i will keep doing the toy thing i am just glad hes not the only one.
    Thank you for your reply. Gems x
  • ahh excellent glad its working for you! x