Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

is he getting all he needs-nutrition

Hello girls, hope your all had a fab xmas!
I dont post on here very often anymore but i feel i need some opinions on this.
Harrison is 2 now and is going threw a really fussy stage food wise. All he eats at the moment is cereal, waffles fish fingers some fruit and biscuits. Ive been sitting with him for ages every night trying to get him to eat a decent meal but usually to no avail, he just hold it in hi mouth for ages then eventually spits it out and starts saying no no no! (he wouldnt touch his xmas dinner) from yesterday we have stopped all the rubbish (biscuits, xmas sweets ect) until he starts eating something decent. But now im worried that he isnt getting enough iron, vits and minerals. he often look pale and has had no end of colds and coughs just recently
Ive been thinking about putting him back on toddler milk and giving him a couple of cups a day so i know he is at least getting some goodness from the milk, he is quite small for his age so i dont want him to loose any weight or anything.

would love some opinions on this, what do you think?

xx

Replies

• Hi sunnymum, not seen you on here in ages! Hope you had a great Christmas.

Just wanted to say I'm going through the same thing with Lily at the mo. Lately she won't want to eat any p;roper food but wants to graze on biscuits, choc etc all day. I'm trying to be a bit more strict and not offer her any treats if she doesn't eat her meal. Also I'm going to do a star chart where if she eats most of her meal/ tries everything on her plate then she gets a sticker.

I think it's a toddler phase really but it can be worrying.
  • Sorry I managed to hit reply before I'd finished! Was just going to add that I give the girls a multi vitamin syrup if their eating drops off. And be wary of giving the toddler milk as though it would give him some calories and iron it could reduce his appetite even further.

Good luck. xxx
  • Hey, how old is lilly?
    To be honest harri could do with the extra calories and was going to give him it at bed so would interfere with meal times.
    think i might give it a go and see what happens...... shit or bust as they say lol! xxx
  • Are you sure you are talking about your son and not mine?! Even nursery are struggling to get him to eat and lately he's not even always wanting breakfast!! To be honest I had partly put it down to the birthday/christmas chaos thats going on but tonight we just discovered a back molar had appeared which probably explains a lot. Has harri got all his teeth through yet?

I think I'm going to get cole some vitamins just to make sure he's getting something good - shreddies alone cannot make a boy grow lol. Mummystephe told me about some I think called minadex or something like that which apparently have a side effect of increasing the appetite so i'm going to try those.

xx
  • oh ive heard of that sally, on xmas day i found 3 new canines and one canine just about the break through so may be partly to do with that. its just he is a skiiny little monkey as it is, there is nothing to him at all so im worried he is going to lose weight and look unhealthy xxx