Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ear piercing?

Does your LO have his/her ears pierced? If so how old were they when they had it done?

Elaine&Boys xx

Replies

• Options
    hi

I have boy so will not be getting his ears pierced but I saw a little girl the other day who was 6 weeks old and she ahd her ears pierced. I thought she looked ridiculous and I really didn't agree with it that young.

I was about two when my mum has mine done but I even think that is too young.
    Personally for me i'd wait until they asked for it to be done.

xxx
  • Options
    No way, earr????ngs are tacky and IMO cruel. I too would rather wa????t unt????l they can ask for ????t. I had m????ne done at 11 and ????t was a b????g treat. It ????s an unnecassary th????ng to do to a baby.
  • Options
    hiya, everyone has there own opinion on this, me personally, i dont agree with it, not bc of how it looks or anything but i just believe that its thier body so they should have the right to say wheather they want them done or not image
  • Options
    my mum did mine when I was 6 months (in the 70's when it was the fashion) & my sister did my niece the same age. IMO it is a personal decision. I actually don't wear any earrings anymore & haven't for years, not sure it has anything to do with having my ears pierced young or not but I just don't like them anymore & if I had a daughter wouldn't do hers either until she asked for it but think it looks quite cute (if a little chavvy) on babies image
  • Options
    i agree im afraid, i think its chavvy and horrible on young children, i had mine down when i was 10 and yeah it was a big treat! i wont have brookes done until she is old enough to ask for it x
  • Options
    I have to admit I hate it when I see small children or babies with their ears pierced. A friend was so worried when her little boy went to have his jabs yet she was considering having his ears pierced without a second thought, I pointed out I thought it was pretty much the same thing in terms of pain for the baby. It just looks incredibly odd in my opinion.
  • Options
    hi sorry if any one disagree's but i think peircing a young childs ears is actually a form of child abuse its unnecisary(sp!!)i saw a baby girl about 6 weeks old the other day with a pink sweat band on her head and her ears peirced and i was outraged i think there should be a law that says at least till the child is old enough to have a say its illegal!!!sorry if i upset anyone but i really feel there is no need for it x x x xx
  • Options
    Hi ya,
    My daughter asked for her ears to be pierced for her 4th birthday. Well we had it done and she really screamed LOUD!! Once the pain was over with and we looked in the mirror she was so happy..................until the infection set in and she had 3 weeks of hell. In the end we made the decision to take them out and let them close up.
    I will NEVER let my kids get them done again until they are at least 18 years old. LOL.