Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

please ignore

xx

[Modified by: MLM on 07 August 2009 22:40:01 ]

Replies

• Options
    i dont think my inlaws would tell brooke off! dont think they would dare! my parents tell her off Shes 17 months too! my dad just says No in a really stern voice i think it scares her a bit! lol my mum is too soft and its like "no brooke dont do that darling" lol and brooke is like yeah whatever! i think my stepmother in law would do the whole over the top panick ah ahah thing though i think brooke would just laugh at her!
    i would of just said to her alright i'll tell my daughter off thankyou. its only a bloody dvd player!!
  • Options
    i would have picked my daughter up and left her house no one is aloud to speak to my kids like that. thankfully non have tried they leave telling my kids of to me x
  • Options
    My inlaws are........... well, lazy buggers so they wouldnt put the effort in to tell my kids off but if they did I think I would make it clear the rules and they would have to do it my way.
    With them though there is a certain amount of "one child is better than the other" one week to the next so my kids dont take much notice of them anyway. My ds(7) said to me on the way home the other day that "Nannys full of waffel isnt she mummy" I did try not to laugh but it is so true.......and yes he must have overheard me saying the visit before lol lol.
  • Options
    My in laws watch Kara so I have no problem in them telling Kara off because I wouldn't want them to let her get away with things then for her to come home and thinks that what she is doing is right and she is allowed too. As they are watching her they are discipling her when I am not there and then when she comes home I will be doing the same. I get on well with my in laws so maybe that is different and I know they are very good to Kara and spoil her rotten but won't let her get away with cheek or touch anything that she is not suppose to.
  • Options
    My in laws are great and I feel very lucky in that repect, my mil says no quite firmly and then distracts Neve which seems to work really well.

My mother on the other hand seems to think her job is to spoil her grandchildren and is NO help whatsoever, my sister had Neve yesterday afternoon and my mum was there - she tried to give her an M&M - not only quite a chokeable size but also coated in sugar and colourings (she is 11 months). She also pulls faces when my sister disciplines her on children - she can be REALLY annoying!
  • Options
    if i am there they wouldnt tell her off,i would just tell her to stop/dont do it ect same as i would at home and then explain to her why not to do it. if i hadent seen her do it i expect they wpould just say "no we dont touch that" in a stern voice but not "tell her off" or shout at her! talk to your hubby and ask him how he was disaplined as a child,thwen explain how you would like your daughter to be disaplined/spoken to by people x