Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another totally random potty training qu

even when toilet training how long before/when do you do away with a swimming nappy in the pool???

Replies

• Hmm not sure but as soon as I take Lily's swim nappy off she does a wee! She obviously doesn't like going for a 'wee' in the pool. Sorry not much help!
  • I'm not at that stage yet, but I know Waterbabies insist on swim nappies for all their classes, whether the child is toilet trained or not.

How's Max's potty training going? I feel like I should do some more thinking about it, but ds is only 21 months, and although he tells me when he's pooing I don't think he has much idea about wees!
  • not starting potty training yet - just arming myself with ideas!
  • Hi maximum! (i still think of you as craftycharli!) Evie is being potty trained at the minute and is doing great, she's mostly always dry all day now and fully accustomed to it all. I've also been thinking about the swimming nappy as we tend to go once a week/fortnight.

I'm not sure what the "norm" is but i plan on using swimming nappy for the next couple of weeks then after that i think ill ditch it. I trust her not to poo in the pool, as she knows well in advance when she needs to go, and although she's getting great at "holding" wee's, it wouldnt be the end of the world if she did a little wee in the pool as i guess thats what chlorine is for ay? id much prefer her not peeing in the pool but i guess lots of kids must do it!