Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Narrow feet - HELP!

Charlotte has really thin fit (just like her dad). She is a 3E at nearly 18 months. I got her re-measured at Clarks today and she is now a 4D?! However, very strangely her 3E cruising shoes still fit her - Clarks fitter said the leather has stretched...?

She did tell me that I would have trouble getting walkers from Clarks for Charlotte as her feet are so narrow and to try Startrite as they do narrow sizes from D width. I've rung a couple of locals shops who sell Startrite and they said they don't do narrow shoes now either but to come in when she's walking to see what can be done.

Has anyone else's lo got narrow feet? If so where do you get shoes from. I don't need the hassle of going everywhere to get bloody shoes that fit. Can't even get her a pair of soft sandals for summer as none fit cos her feet so thin.

Help!

:x

Replies

• We are the opposite Lexi has big feet for her wee size, only about 20lbs, must take after daddy, she is a 4F! We have ordered from this website may be worth a call to ask their advice as the seem to sell all the top brands.

http://www.lillifoot.co.uk

Hope you get some answers as it sounds like she will be offski soon and in need of some cool shoes x

• D'oh always seems to double post !

[Modified by: LittleMissLexi on July 07, 2009 02:26 PM]

• You poor soul. Im lucky as both my kids are around a F which is fairly normal, but when i was small i was about a C fitting. The measure thing would go right below the scale. Its always been a pain but my mum always bought me startrite.

Independant shops are good as they stock lots of makes.

My niece and nephew were the opposite. They were H and its equally hard to get shoes!!!

Gemm x
  • Lydia is 25 months and we've just had her feet measured at Clarks today and she's a 4E. We've had to put her in cruising shoes again as she's still not able to walk which has proved difficult (only 3 styles in the whole shop!!!) I felt really bad for Lydia as she had picked up a pair of sandals and kept saying "Noooo, these shoes Mummy!!!)
  • Kara is 22 months and is still an E fit. She started on a 3E and is now a 4E. I am hoping when I get her measured this week she moves to an F so that there is more of a selection because having small narrow feet means less of a choice.
  • Isaac is the opposite he has a h fitting foot and a high instep, he also has the added problem of having orthotics inserts to help his feet into the right position as he has excessively hypermobile joints, to be honest I gave up with clarks when my eldest started to walk as he too has a h fitting and they seem to have no choice, I did take Isaac once to clarks but they looked at me like I was aking for the earth when I showed them his inserts and they said there was no way they would be able to fit him with shoes. We go to an independant shop that sells both british and european brands, the eurropean shoes cater for wide and narrow feet in most styles and they are so lovely ( although they are a bit more expensive than clarks) some of the makes are froddo, petasil ciciban ricosta, sure if you google them you will find someone near you that stocks them xx
  • i just read this post and some of the replies and come to the conclusion my li'l boy must have big feet lol he is 21 months old and is size 7G shoes although has a pair of trainer that are an 8 but i think are a small 8 lol

MummyD

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/ls1np1.png

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/5vE1p1.png

• Mummy D big feet indeed, WOW!x

Congrats on the Twins a boy and girl how nice, hope you keepng well. My best friend just has twins girls her 4th and 5th and she's getting on grand!
  • Hope you manage to find some shoes that fit her! I heard Startrite are good for very thin and wide feet so worth a look.
    Poppys feet look really podgy but one is F and one is E so I have to buy the F fittings for her.
    xx